• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

That Leon's post got me wondering. We need a washer dryer. Nothing used locally is really tickling our fancy and we would like something new with warranty etc. What's my best bet for a monthly payment place? Bonus points for a location in Quebec.

Fularu

Banned
That Leon's post got me wondering. We need a washer dryer. Nothing used locally is really tickling our fancy and we would like something new with warranty etc. What's my best bet for a monthly payment place? Bonus points for a location in Quebec.

Tanguay or Sears (but you need to take their credit card(

Moltenix

I have physical Horizon 3 in my E3 order but I would prefer going digital to get both Xbox and Windows 10 versions. Am I stuck paying full price (haven't paid full price for any games in forever)?

bakuryu

Neo Member
Just contacted amazon for SMT4A and it's now at the right price and with release day delivery.

I went to pre-order it yesterday on eShop and the price gave me a heart attack. I was curious but after having played SMT4 I'm not sure I want to pay near full-console-release price for a reskin, however good it may be :S

zroid

Banned
I went to pre-order it yesterday on eShop and the price gave me a heart attack. I was curious but after having played SMT4 I'm not sure I want to pay near full-console-release price for a reskin, however good it may be :S
If you can wait a few months it will inevitably go on sale on the eShop as all atlus games do

Clive

Quoting for new page.
Also how's the shipping time with royal mail?

When I order games from the UK it's normally 1-2 weeks and I think Royal Mail is the normal carrier. Customs/duties are handled by Canada but I have never paid extra. If the value is high then the chance of paying import fees exist though.

Xenoflare

Atlus puts their games on sale pretty often on the eshop. Shouldn't be too long till this is at a more reasonable price

Yeah, that's the plan, I'll bite when it's less than $50 after tax since I could just cover it with one eshop card.

Never once would I imagine that I'm buying non digital exclusive games on the eshop, but damn

The Xbox Club thread got me to check if there was a Canada one already and there wasn't so tadaa, if you have an Xbox One join the "CanadaGAF" club

Have they fixed the 'mexican origin' thing? That's been the most inexpensive way for ages

That method doesn't really out in our favour anymore, cause they use USD pricing on the Mexican store. I think if you were to buy BF1 off the Mexican store it'd be the same price as buying it off the Canadian store anyway. They do get better sales than we do though, so there's that.

killroy87

In case anyone was in the market, Madden 17 is already on sale at Best Buy, for a super weird price of $55.99. It's advertised as that int he flyer and everything. Is there a significance to that price I don't know about?

Edit: I suppose it's 30% off. Maybe they are matching another deal, but that kind of thing usually doesn't make the flyer.

Yeah, that's the plan, I'll bite when it's less than $50 after tax since I could just cover it with one eshop card.

Never once would I imagine that I'm buying non digital exclusive games on the eshop, but damn

Amazon will probably have it at 50% off by year's end. Persona Q, Devil Survivor 2 and Dancing all Night all "suffered" the same fate last year.

Tapejara

Amazon will probably have it at 50% off by year's end. Persona Q, Devil Survivor 2 and Dancing all Night all "suffered" the same fate last year.

Amazon's Boxing Day sales were God-like last year. So many games were 50% off, and I remember in the lead up to the sales they had the Persona 4 Dancing CE for $29.99.

Ondore

In case anyone was in the market, Madden 17 is already on sale at Best Buy, for a super weird price of $55.99. It's advertised as that int he flyer and everything. Is there a significance to that price I don't know about?

Edit: I suppose it's 30% off. Maybe they are matching another deal, but that kind of thing usually doesn't make the flyer.

I think it's EA's doing. It's been $39.99 in the US most of the month, and 33% off of $80 is a little awkward (more so than $55.99).

Marked down to that price on Amazon, too.

Cake Boss

Banned
Everyone's talking about 4K and I just realized I haven't even upgraded past a 720p Insignia from Future Shop.

Any good TV recommendations/ deals going on right now?

Still rocking my 720 sammy Plasma. I would wait a bit longer until 2017, where more manufacturers will be making OLED TVs, and save for that. It will be a bigger jump than going 4K.

killroy87

Everyone's talking about 4K and I just realized I haven't even upgraded past a 720p Insignia from Future Shop.

Any good TV recommendations/ deals going on right now?

If a 720p Insignia is your benchmark, you could buy literally any TV out there right now and be blown away.

Vinc

When do reward zone points usually post for Best Buy? As soon as it ships? Copy of DQ7 hasn't shipped yet but I'm looking forward to those 25x enhanced points!

farisr

When do reward zone points usually post for Best Buy? As soon as it ships? Copy of DQ7 hasn't shipped yet but I'm looking forward to those 25x enhanced points!
You'll see them show up in your RZ account once the item ships. They don't become available till like 30 or so days later.

What do people usually buy with Best Buy RZ certificates? Steam/PSN/XBL cards?

I'm not convinced Best Buy actually sells Steam gift cards anymore. I've tried twice to buy some from the downtown Toronto location and they were completely sold out both times, about a month apart. How hard is it to stock some gift cards?

Erudite

Hmm. My Best Buy copy of DQ7 tracking info via Canada Post says delivered, but nothing's showed up.. Anyone know how Best Buy packages 3DS games? I've got a mailslot, so if it's in one of those yellow bubblewrapped envelopes, then I won't have to worry about it having been stolen.

tiijj

Hmm. My Best Buy copy of DQ7 tracking info via Canada Post says delivered, but nothing's showed up.. Anyone know how Best Buy packages 3DS games? I've got a mailslot, so if it's in one of those yellow bubblewrapped envelopes, then I won't have to worry about it having been stolen.

In my experience they use the bubble mailer for small games.

Mine will arrive on monday :(

To those who got their DQ7 does it have the Fr box on the cover?

Ryde3

Just sold my PS4, and about to sell my Xbox one. All Xbox games will be on PC going forward, and I'm going to use the $ from both to buy a PS4 Pro.

I'm going to pre-order today, and just wanted to check that basically everywhere is the same right? I guess Best Buy would be the best bet for the RZ points? No specials anywhere? No bundles?

FN-2187

I'm not convinced Best Buy actually sells Steam gift cards anymore. I've tried twice to buy some from the downtown Toronto location and they were completely sold out both times, about a month apart. How hard is it to stock some gift cards?

I was in the Whitby one today and they had them. Not that that means anything. They could've stocked those four years ago and no one's bought them.

Erudite

In my experience they use the bubble mailer for small games.

Mine will arrive on monday :(
Thanks, I'm hoping the delivery scan was done in error then and it'll actually show up when the mail usually gets delivered.

Sucks to hear some of you guys won't get it until after the weekend =/

KarmaCow

Damn Best Buy updated my DQ7 order and I won't be getting it till Monday, was really looking forward to playing it over the weekend too.

Same here, but since it hasn't even actually shipped yet I'm not holding my breath for Monday either. Which would be fine since I wanted to finish SMTIV:A first anyway but that's coming from Amazon so I doubt that will arrive before Friday next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom