• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or games, blu-rays, headphones...

I dunno, lots of stuff haha.

Took a look at the flyer, nothing really stood out. Still can't believe they're not redeemable online.

I'm not convinced Best Buy actually sells Steam gift cards anymore. I've tried twice to buy some from the downtown Toronto location and they were completely sold out both times, about a month apart. How hard is it to stock some gift cards?

Ugh, maybe I'll just buy an eShop card.

Vinc

Man... Best Buy is messed up. I added a gift card to my order a while back and it actually worked, much to my surprise as their site was broken for a while. I went back to the order to recheck recently and all was well, the gift card was there.

But now my order was entirely charged on my CC, and the gift card is just gone from the order. I wasn't expecting the charge so that sucks for my budget... but oh well. I called support and even though the game didn't ship yet, there's nothing they can do apparently.

I need to make the switch to digital.

killroy87

Man... Best Buy is messed up. I added a gift card to my order a while back and it actually worked, much to my surprise as their site was broken for a while. I went back to the order to recheck recently and all was well, the gift card was there.

But now my order was entirely charged on my CC, and the gift card is just gone from the order. I wasn't expecting the charge so that sucks for my budget... but oh well. I called support and even though the game didn't ship yet, there's nothing they can do apparently.

I need to make the switch to Amazon.

Fixed. For seemingly simple changes to an order, Best Buy is hilariously inept.

khaaan

Do you have to call into Best Buy to update your CC info? The website has been throwing an error all day. I can't recall a time where it's actually worked. My DQ7 being shipped is on hold :(

Not that it's a big deal, I'm away from home for the next few weeks.

mdubs

Banned
Thought Canadagaf would get a kick out of this

This is That: American legislator wants Canadians banned from driving in USA

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/...anadians-banned-from-driving-in-usa-1.3763428

CBC said:
During his interview with This is That, US legislator John Grumpart did not shy away from sharing his thoughts about why he believes Canadians should not be driving in the United States.

Do you agree that Canadians should be banned from driving in America?

This is That is an award winning satirical current affairs show that doesn't just talk about the issues, it fabricates them.

Vinc

Are Best Buy reward points showing as 2x while pending for anyone else? I only got 99 points for DQ7 despite ordering during E3. Will it adjust later?

farisr

Are Best Buy reward points showing as 2x while pending for anyone else? I only got 99 points for DQ7 despite ordering during E3. Will it adjust later?
According to the Best Buy post it should show up like this:

"If you made your pre-order online, you will see only 3 line items on your RZ account totaling up to 25x points; Basic RZ points (1x) + 2x Gamers club points (1x) + E3 promo (23x)."

More details here: https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video...rd-Zone-Points-on-Pre-Order-Games/td-p/157397

Vinc

According to the Best Buy post it should show up like this:

"If you made your pre-order online, you will see only 3 line items on your RZ account totaling up to 25x points; Basic RZ points (1x) + 2x Gamers club points (1x) + E3 promo (23x)."

More details here: https://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video...rd-Zone-Points-on-Pre-Order-Games/td-p/157397

Yeah I'm only getting 2x for some reason, I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and if it'll fix itself or if I need to contact customer service.

I'm having a RIDICULOUS amount of problems with retailers this week.

I haven't received any BB E3 pre-orders yet, but I can tell you I haven't seen the 10x bonus for the copy of Doom I bought shortly after E3. Might just be because they don't give that out until after my first pre-order ships, but it doesn't say either way on that FAQ page. *shrug*

N° 2048

Thanks ^ No_Style :)

So I kept this in my order to keep the %30 E3 promo because you need a minimum of 3 games and the order only has 3 games (Adr1ft, Horizon and South Park)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00X6XM91G/

but Adr1ft didn't get a physical release AFAIK?
Yet I just got an email saying I should get it by:
Arriving 12 Oct - 14 Nov
Not yet shipped

Any info?

Kyolux

Anyone wants an invite to the For Honor closed alpha? There's a thread for giving these away/beg. But I rather offer my 2 invites I have left to someone on here.

edit: ALL GONE.

farisr

Yeah I'm only getting 2x for some reason, I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and if it'll fix itself or if I need to contact customer service.
According to a post from a BB rep in the thread, all the points should be there as pending. If only some points are showing but it's not 25x worth, you need to contact customer service.

chrono01

Do you have to call into Best Buy to update your CC info? The website has been throwing an error all day. I can't recall a time where it's actually worked. My DQ7 being shipped is on hold :(

Not that it's a big deal, I'm away from home for the next few weeks.
I've always had to call. It's inconvenient, but not too bad, It's a shame you can't just update it through the website like you're supposed to, though. I've never been able to do it, despite the option always being there. :/

Kyolux

Thanks again man :D

Enjoy DQ7.

NP!

I'm not sure if I'm keeping it. Might have been an impulse purchase.

Not opening it this week-end anyway. Gotta finish PW.. and play that FH alpha and try Paladins on Steam.

Already played through the game in the past, so no actual hurry.

lilty

Amazon just emailed me saying my order of SMT4A is expected over a week after release...the fuck? I'm a Prime member and I preordered this during E3.

ohlawd

nice, DQVII arrived. I ordered some micro USB cables from Primecables and they came by too. are there any other good sites for stuff like cables, wires, and stuff? monoprice isn't great for us tbh

andee-

Neo Member
Anyone know when the new DualShock 4 model will be available? I know the original one is on sale right now but I'm looking to get the newer one.

whitehawk

Banned
http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...6-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku6290fxza/

I keep waffling back and forth on this TV and was looking for some thoughts. Leon's is doing their stupid VIP sale thing and has it for $1,200 (same as Best Buy/Walmart this week), but they also have a 50 month "interest-free" payment plan or w/e (for their usual $90 totally-not-interest financing fee) which gives me some payment flexibility vs. trying to power through it in six months (I need the payment flexibility b/c I had to replace a washer/dryer set that died). That payment plan offer ends tonight so I'm kind of on a time crunch (the price itself runs another week iirc).

I've got a 40" 1080p Samsung display that I bought back in... probably 2008 or 2009 that I'm still happy with, but I was looking for something a little bigger and this was hovering right around my "I'm OK with this" price threshold. It seems to review decently well but I'm not sure if there's better bang-for-my-buck out there that I'm just not aware of, or if I should hold off until next year and see if we get a big drop or some pricing improvements.
Damn, didn't realize how cheap UHDTVs were getting. That 65" model is on sale for $1100 and has HDR.

My dad bought our 42" Sharp 1080p set in 2008/2009 for about $1500 and we thought that was a good price. I feel like 4K is still in a earlier stage than HDTVs were back then, and they are already cheaper, damn.

Amazon just emailed me saying my order of SMT4A is expected over a week after release...the fuck? I'm a Prime member and I preordered this during E3.

I contacted support and got "We will ship you your item at the earliest time possible and according to item availability". Pretty much all of my games I preordered so far with a discount got to me late. I feel like they do it on purpose.

terrible

Banned
I contacted support and got "We will ship you your item at the earliest time possible and according to item availability". Pretty much all of my games I preordered so far with a discount got to me late. I feel like they do it on purpose.

Honestly even non-gaming stuff gets to me way later than it should when I order on Amazon. I'll order an already released and in-stock blu-ray and they'll wait over a week to ship it. I only buy from Amazon when I am in absolutely no hurry to get something. They've been pretty bad with their shipping for a while now. Worse than any other online store I've used. 3rd party Amazon sellers get me stuff quicker even.

Honestly even non-gaming stuff gets to me way later than it should when I order on Amazon. I'll order an already released and in-stock blu-ray and they'll wait over a week to ship it. I only buy from Amazon when I am in absolutely no hurry to get something. They've been pretty bad with their shipping for a while now. Worse than any other online store I've used.
I only seem to be having problems with the E3 discounted stuff. Had the exact same issue, with the exact same answer and I ended up getting it days later, even when normally an item shipped from them only takes a day to get to me.

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...6-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku6290fxza/

I keep waffling back and forth on this TV and was looking for some thoughts. Leon's is doing their stupid VIP sale thing and has it for $1,200 (same as Best Buy/Walmart this week), but they also have a 50 month "interest-free" payment plan or w/e (for their usual $90 totally-not-interest financing fee) which gives me some payment flexibility vs. trying to power through it in six months (I need the payment flexibility b/c I had to replace a washer/dryer set that died). That payment plan offer ends tonight so I'm kind of on a time crunch (the price itself runs another week iirc).

I've got a 40" 1080p Samsung display that I bought back in... probably 2008 or 2009 that I'm still happy with, but I was looking for something a little bigger and this was hovering right around my "I'm OK with this" price threshold. It seems to review decently well but I'm not sure if there's better bang-for-my-buck out there that I'm just not aware of, or if I should hold off until next year and see if we get a big drop or some pricing improvements.

save up and get the ks8000. best gaming tv ever

i bought a sony 850d 2 weeks ago and ended up returning it, getting the ks8000. read the reviews on rtings, it is worth the extra $$

Cynar

Anyone do a return through Amazon before? I tried to cancel my go plus order since I couldn't wait and just picked it up at ebgames instead. Is it relatively painless?

I feel stupid. I went out and bought a $25 Amazon gift card to buy a couple more books with, as I had maybe $2 leftover in my balance. But I forgot about the $25 minimum and how much tax would be somehow.

I asked if there's a promo on right now, but there's not, so I guess I'll wait or pick up another gift card. The books won't be released for a while.

Ventara

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap external HDD for the WiiU? 2TB or more preferably. You can't replace the internal HDD, right? Edit: Price-wise, I really don't want to go over $150 (that's already more than what I paid for the used WiiU).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap external HDD for the WiiU? 2TB or more preferably. You can't replace the internal HDD, right? Edit: Price-wise, I really don't want to go over $150 (that's already more than what I paid for the used WiiU).
Seagate bup slim is great, even better if you rip it open swap out the hard drive with your ps4, then you get a 500 gb for the wii u and a 2tb for your ps4, that being said you'd need a usb Y cable

Ventara

Seagate bup slim is great, even better if you rip it open swap out the hard drive with your ps4, then you get a 500 gb for the wii u and a 2tb for your ps4, that being said you'd need a usb Y cable

Hmm, not a bad idea. I do need to upgrade my PS4 HDD, and I suppose 500GB is enough for WiiU. This would be killing two birds with one stone. The $100 price tag it currently has on Amazon seems reasonable as well.

Hmm, not a bad idea. I do need to upgrade my PS4 HDD, and I suppose 500GB is enough for WiiU. This would be killing two birds with one stone. The $100 price tag it currently has on Amazon seems reasonable as well.
it's more or less what I did in order to play xenoblade except I went deep down the rabbit hole
BUP 2tb--->ps4 500gb--->ps3 80gb--->back to the bup for the wii u

Good HDDs too, the 2tb may be also be a spinpoint model (according to amazon reviews and the model # that follows the naming convention). Pretty neat for under $100.

Ondore

500GB should be enough for most people, honestly. I've got 1TB in mine but I have a particular set of circumstances where I need to not worry about drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom