• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Wreck

have you guys seen any deals on the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection ps4?

with all this talk of UBI being taken over I've gone into archive mode now lol

any deals would be great!

krae_man

Estimantes mean nothing. They may ship it out a day or two before launch and you'll get it the day it comes out. Or they may sit on the order for up to a week for no valid reason because you don't have prime. It's a total crap shoot.

killroy87

I gotta say, even though I still have some audio issues with it at times, its gotta be one of the better purchases I've made recently. Being able to play games on my desktop PC from my couch has been pretty awesome. Now, if only I could figure out how to stay awake while playing, I'd be set.

How would you say the quality is? Is there any degradation?

iiicon

CanadaGAF, is Lost Odyssey worth $12.99? After seeing that the game is BC on the Xbox One I called around and it's available at a bunch of local EB Games. Should I bite?

How would you say the quality is? Is there any degradation?

From my perspective its pretty good. It does stream at 1080p and at 60fps, but depending on good or bad your internal network is equipment wise, you might on occasion see some artifacting. I'm pretty sure every streaming box would have that issue if there are issues with the network. While you can use WiFi to stream, I would highly recommend using an Ethernet connection. Everything just runs better hardwired.

One good thing about playing through the steam link is that I've not experienced any form of input lag.

The best part for me is being able to close big picture mode and access my pc desktop whenever I want. I use the steam controller for that, but you can just hook up a mouse and keyboard as well.

Daigr

CanadaGAF, is Lost Odyssey worth $12.99? After seeing that the game is BC on the Xbox One I called around and it's available at a bunch of local EB Games. Should I bite?
It's one of the best jrpg from last gen. Very close to final fantasy.

khaaan

From my perspective its pretty good. It does stream at 1080p and at 60fps, but depending on good or bad your internal network is equipment wise, you might on occasion see some artifacting. I'm pretty sure every streaming box would have that issue if there are issues with the network. While you can use WiFi to stream, I would highly recommend using an Ethernet connection. Everything just runs better hardwired.

One good thing about playing through the steam link is that I've not experienced any form of input lag.

The best part for me is being able to close big picture mode and access my pc desktop whenever I want. I use the steam controller for that, but you can just hook up a mouse and keyboard as well.

Are your input devices connected to the Steam Link or the PC?

That's a good price and I'm tempted. I have the ethernet already hooked up because I wanted to do remote play with my PS4 but I ended up not using it that much.

Are your input devices connected to the Steam Link or the PC?

That's a good price and I'm tempted. I have the ethernet already hooked up because I wanted to do remote play with my PS4 but I ended up not using it that much.

My steam controller and 360 controller are hooked up to the steam link. The steam controller wirelessly through its dongle, and the 360 controller is a wired controller and its hooked up through one of the link's USB ports. The steam link will even autodetect if you have 5.1 audio and try to output it that way.

Vamphuntr

Always found it pretty boring. I tried for 4 times to beat it and gave up. I used to be a huge JRPG fan back then. The best part of the game is when you read the Thousand Year Dreams when you go to an inn.

Firestorm

I really enjoyed it even if the short text-based stories were the best part of the game.

Sealtest

Looks like prime in Canada now gives 20% off listing price on video games.

Just re-placed my screwed up e3 orders using the prime trial I just got and a bunch of other games such as Digimon next order at 20% off.

I might sub to prime now.

UberTag

Just re-placed my screwed up e3 orders using the prime trial I just got and a bunch of other games such as Digimon next order at 20% off.

If you read the fine print clearly, you're going to need to keep that Prime subscription beyond the trial in order for that savings to stick.

i forgot to cancel my auto-renew on prime after my trial ended so i'm stuck with it for another year anyways.

dope news for game preorders. makes canadian prices just a little more tolerable now.

bryt

Ohhh, it seems that the Amazon Prime 20% works for Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" Edition.

Actually it looks like it works on all LEs

Sealtest

If you read the fine print clearly, you're going to need to keep that Prime subscription beyond the trial in order for that savings to stick.

As sucky as that is this is what I've been waiting for to finally justify the price we payl

Sure we don't get the streaming like US but shipping and now 20% off all preorders is worth the $79 to me.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The 20% discount applies to an item's List Price and does not apply to an item's already discounted price.
So it doesn't stack with price drops unless they update the list price.

Ondore

Huh. I let my Prime lapse, but I'd be down for re-activating it when I have some cash next month for that.

Are all unreleased games eligible? New Harvest Moon has the tag, Tumblestone (Wii U) doesn't.

Huh. I let my Prime lapse, but I'd be down for re-activating it when I have some cash next month for that.

Are all unreleased games eligible? New Harvest Moon has the tag, Tumblestone (Wii U) doesn't.

Some stuff seems to be finicky - it's eligible for Shantae on Vita, but not either of the console versions.

what about preorders for items that are no longer available to preorder? guess we have to contact CS for that?

jzbluz

Prime still isn't an attractive option for me, so I guess that's it for buying games day one. Although maybe when NX comes out I will change my mind.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, Canada Prime finally got the 20% off deal?

Yeah, e3 deals are dead. It's too bad Prime is still a ripoff here when you can't even watch their own shows on the website.

What. Damn. That's something!

It doesn't seem to be on all titles. Maybe they are still rolling it out? FFXII does not have it.

If it really sticks around for LEs. That's a big deal.

Maddog

For anyone using a Prime trial to get the 20% discount:

Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.

killroy87

Holy shit, this is awesome. I NEVER thought we'd get good promos like this in Canada. If this means the sacrifice of E3 deals, fine. I don't care. Being able to wait until a game releases to see if it's any good, and then still get a discount, is awesome.

And yeah, I had the Persona and Call of Duty SEs preordered at Best Buy because they gave me that reward zone promo, but eff that noise. I'd rather just save some money

killroy87

There were a bunch of games that didn't have the deal tagged when I checked. It was mostly on preorders.

NHL 17, Deus Ex and No Man's Sky did not have it tagged.

I'd hope that's just because it's a bit finicky right now. It doesn't make sense that some released games would get it and some wouldnt

Anyone ever been unable to cancel an Amazon preorder? Getting an error message to try back in a few minutes for a couple of days now. Tried mobile and desktop.

Just signed up for prime, not sure if that matters

Anyone ever been unable to cancel an Amazon preorder? Getting an error message to try back in a few minutes for a couple of days now. Tried mobile and desktop.

Just signed up for prime, not sure if that matters

Just contact their customer service via web-chat. They have been able to cancel orders for me when I've run into that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom