• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
20% off games with Prime? Niiiice!

We've had Prime for about 2 years and have been really satisfied. Between this and the unlimited cloud storage for photos, it's an even better value.

Edit: $64 for a brand new game now. It's 2010 again!

SickBoy

I highly doubt Amazon is offering a 20% across-the-board discount on games.

IIRC, U.S. Prime offers 20% off on preorders, and 20% off on new releases until two weeks after launch. I suspect they're launching the same program here (which would explain why NMS, Deus Ex and NHL don't show discounts, while FIFA does).

EDIT: Oh man, I've got to upload a crapload of pics to Cloud Drive. I back up my pics to Google Photos as well, but I like having them in three different places.

IIRC, U.S. Prime offers 20% off on preorders, and 20% off on new releases until two weeks after launch. I suspect they're launching the same program here (which would explain why NMS, Deus Ex and NHL don't show discounts, while FIFA does).

That makes sense. Was really hoping I could grab NHL but no dice. The two weeks after comes in handy. I don't need to preorder. Just wait for reviews.

Returners

This is great news!

So what's the better deal: 20% off at Amazon, or 10X Reward Zone points at BestBuy?

The 10x reward zone points is still good for older games.

Trying to do some math, for 79.99 game that was not preordered from E3, we are getting 79.99 * 12 (10x + 2x from gamers club) = 938 points, which is about 11~12 bucks.

It's definitely better for pre-orders.

So five full-priced games before this pays off, excluding the benefits of faster shipping (though I HIGHLY doubt their release-day shipping thing). Hmm.

killroy87

EDIT: Oh man, I've got to upload a crapload of pics to Cloud Drive. I back up my pics to Google Photos as well, but I like having them in three different places.

Ah, maybe that's in. Still, that would make me so happy. I've long said I'd gladly give up E3 deals if I could have something like this.

Takes away any reason for me to preorder, which I am A-okay with!

The 10x reward zone points is still good for older games.

Trying to do some math, for 79.99 game that was not preordered from E3, we are getting 79.99 * 12 (10x + 2x from gamers club) = 938 points, which is about 11~12 bucks.

It's definitely better for pre-orders.

Right, but wouldn't 20% off of $79.99 give you $16 off, which is $4-$5 better?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Aouch. 20% off preorders is good, but I don't think I buy enough games day 1 to justify the expensive membership cost... Hope we'll still get e3 deals from BB as it's pretty much the only way to get discounted Nintendo games, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aouch. 20% off preorders is good, but I don't think I buy enough games day 1 to justify the expensive membership cost... Hope we'll still get e3 deals from BB as it's pretty much the only way to get discounted Nintendo games, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

BB will most likely do the same points thing next year.

ohlawd

yeh same boat

they can do points again and I'll still roll with them. my Prime trial is expiring and my cheap renewal is still too expensive for what I'm gonna use it for

Kyolux

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Just re-ordered Yakuza 0 and KH 2.8 (had cancelled that one a few months ago)..

Jan. 24 is jam-packed.. Yak 0, KH and RE7. o_O

With that deal in place, maybe I should wait on RE7 for reviews. Yakuza 0 I already played through a good chunk in japanese so I know I want it (and c'mon, it's Yakuza, no doubts here).. and KH.. still undecided.. maybe I should wait..

etta

my hard graphic balls
Seems like. Has there been an announcement to accompany this yet?

Fucking ace, isn't it? :)

giphy.gif

Holy shit holy shit holy shit yes yes yes yes yes yes 64 dollar vidya gaemz. AND $84 for Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition!!!

Edit: So it works with Deus Ex Mankind Divided which is old as hell but not with Bioshock Collection? The fuck?

The 20% off graphic appears on some of the preorders and orders of the lego dimensions released this week. has anyone ordered today to see if it actually works? I don't have prime to test it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The 20% off graphic appears on some of the preorders and orders of the lego dimensions released this week. has anyone ordered today to see if it actually works? I don't have prime to test it.
Yea I think they might still be rolling it out, which is why they haven't released a statement of the news either. It's hit or miss right now, but if it's the same exact thing as the US one then it will be really great.

diaspora

This is pretty good- though only marginally (if at all) useful for PC orders considering that CDKeys can undercut basically anyone.

kevin1025

Banned
I'll definitely be buying the Prime student membership in November (heck yeah student e-mail still working!), only 2.5 discounts get eaten up with that. Super happy it finally made its way here! E3 deals all year round!

Steelbook is all first run copies. The $109 edition is also eligible. That might be the one you are talking about.

Oh okay because they have the standard, limited and steel book as separate entries. But if its all first runs then I assume the standard if pre ordered before launch would be steelbook to.

Oh okay because they have the standard, limited and steel book as separate entries. But if its all first runs then I assume the standard if pre ordered before launch would be steelbook to.

Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong. I swear that was the case though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take-your-heart-on-valentines-day-2017/

For those just interested in the PlayStation 4 version of the game, we’re releasing Persona 5 in a special SteelBook® Launch Edition! All pre-orders and a very limited number of launch copies will come in an official, collectible SteelBook case, adorned with glorious Persona 5 art (identical to the one in the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition). It’ll be $59.99 at launch! Just a reminder, this will be exclusive to the PS4 version.

F4r0_Atak

Just a friendly reminder...

Amazon Student = Amazon Prime at 50% off for people who live in Quebec. So ~40$ for Amazon Prime for 18 months... :p

EDIT: The Amazon Student deal only applies to those who never did the trial before.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Just a friendly reminder...

Amazon Student = Amazon Prime at 50% off for people who live in Quebec. So ~40$ for Amazon Prime for 18 months... :p

Whaaaaaaat. Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering it now... Guess a subscription to Amazon Student might be on the table once NX games are announced!

i-Jest

Kyolux

So with the Amazon Prime deals..

I'm ending up ordering some of the PS VR games physically instead of going 100% digital as planned.

But I'm a bit stuck for some of the games. PS VR is out on a Thursday. I'm not in Toronto (or Vancouver).. so no same day delivery.

There's a few games I want to have, but need to play the demo first. But odds are that I want them for the week-end since I'll have two different parties with friends to try out the PS VR.

So do I save on tax, or 20% but have to take chances on some titles?!

first world problems
heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom