• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guys, need quick help. When does Amazon charge you for a pre-order? When it ships or when you place the order? Many thanks! I got the Prime trial and am contemplating ordering a BUNCH of games right now, some pre-orders. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it only good for pre-orders for games coming out within 2 weeks?????
If you order something while you have Prime (full subscription or just a trial) and you let it run out before the game ships you don't get the discount.

Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If I have a collector's edition pre ordered that's no longer in stock, so you think Amazon would apply the new 20% discount if I called them?

The 20% off for Prime members is terrible. Why would anyone want that? The 30% (every year prior to this one) off all pre-orders during E3 was WAY better. No need to spend money on Prime each year, and a greater percentage off.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The 20% off for Prime members is terrible. Why would anyone want that? The 30% (every year prior to this one) off all pre-orders during E3 was WAY better. No need to spend money on Prime each year, and a greater percentage off.
It's good for stuff that didn't qualify (CEs and LEs) and games that are announced and released between E3s. We also have no idea what the next E3 sale will look like.

Tapejara

The thing I do like about the 20% off deal is that it applies to (most) Limited Editions/Collector's Editions. Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (the one that comes with MW remastered) is $87 instead of $109.99 now, whereas it was excluded from Amazon's E3 deal. I don't buy many LEs anymore, but this was one I had my eye on.

Big Chungus

Went in on the Xbox One S upgrade deal when I found out the 500gig also got a $50 price cut.

IGVwEsIl.jpg)

Not bad for $11.50 and 5 games; two of which I got back (though your mileage may vary on Fallout 4, guess it's not really supposed to qualify but the stores in my region were giving it out anyways).

hold up, how do i do this deal?

i have 5 eligible games

N° 2048

(before tax)
Is Prime 79.99?

So if you buy seven 74.99 games in a year, you get em for 59.99. that's 15 savings.

15 * 7 = 105 which already passed your investment of 79.99

or ?

imBask

Banned
Is Prime 79.99 + TAX?

So if you buy seven 74.99 games in a year, you get em for 59.99. that's 15 savings.

15 * 7 = 105 = savings?

or ?

the thing is, it's not worth it unless you already use Twitch Subs and order other stuff from Amazon... that's where it gets juicy and why it is now worth it for some people

BadHand

DEAL ALERT

BestBuy has 10% off wearable pre-order. Called them and got $55+tax applied on my launch PSVR pre-order.

Hey that's awesome, thank for the heads up. I phoned and got the deal on my PSVR preorder too.

They guy said I will be charged full price and then refunded the 10% the next business day - is this what is happening for you too?

dcelw540

Hopefully this works! I got watch dogs 2 and battlefield 1 pre ordered at 50 dollars on amazon back in June and I talked to this guy on amazon in a chat and I told him about how being prime gives 20% off pre ordered games and my games are already $50 and he said he'll give me the 20% on top! He said it should show up in the next 24 hours. So if this happens both watch dogs 2 and battlefield 1 for less then $40!

UberTag

the thing is, it's not worth it unless you already use Twitch Subs and order other stuff from Amazon... that's where it gets juicy and why it is now worth it for some people
I was outright dismissing the idea until I read about the Twitch sub perk. Now I'm intrigued.

farisr

DEAL ALERT

BestBuy has 10% off wearable pre-order. Called them and got $55+tax applied on my launch PSVR pre-order.
Thank you so much. This really helps.
Hey that's awesome, thank for the heads up. I phoned and got the deal on my PSVR preorder too.

They guy said I will be charged full price and then refunded the 10% the next business day - is this what is happening for you too?
Just called in to get it changed, they told me the same thing (but 3-5 business days).

Anyways thanks to this, now the PSVR bundle comes in for cheaper than the US exchange rate, whereas before it was overpriced by $50. Awesome!

imBask

Banned
What's this about Twitch Subs guys?

on twitch you can subscribe to streamers for $5 a month to support them (and the website). It gives you access to emoticons and whatever the streamer wants to do with it, like a special day to play with his subscribers, a private discord, etc

well Amazon bought Twitch a while ago, and now you get one free sub a month with Prime to support whoever you want!

Heads up: Amazon gave me 20% off my PSVR pre order when I asked. Still probably gonna cancel mine because I'm trying to act like a responsible adult but the option is there!

Details. Please.
You quoted the new Prime Discount?

Yup! I just said I knew there was a 20% discount and after about 10 minutes of checking they determined it was eligible and it shoukd show in 3-5 business days.
It's weird because on one hand they didnt say "we'll do it just this one time" like they usually do, they just said it was "eligible" with no issue. On the other hand, the discount didnt automatically apply to my order. Definitely worth chatting with them and asking.

Kyolux

Yup! I just said I knew there was a 20% discount and after about 10 minutes of checking they determined it was eligible and it shoukd show in 3-5 business days.
It's weird because on one hand they didnt say "we'll do it just this one time" like they usually do, they just said it was "eligible" with no issue. On the other hand, the discount didnt automatically apply to my order. Definitely worth chatting with them and asking.

Holy shit! I'm getting in on this for sure!!

Kyolux

Did you call or just chat?

edit: oops didn't mean to double post.

farisr

Didn't work for me.

They just linked me to the promotion and said if the item meets the conditions laid out in the details, the promo will automatically be applied when it ships.

(it doesn't, obviously)

wanted to apply this to my 2nd preorder (ordered one for my brother and for myself from BB and amazon). Oh well, at least got 10% off from BB.

Kyolux

Didn't work for me.

They just linked me to the promotion and said if the item meets the conditions laid out in the details, the promo will automatically be applied when it ships.

(it doesn't, obviously)

Aww shucks.. I'm on the chat thing and I'm guessing it won't work either.

edit:
Naila: Glad to know you are doing good. I'm fine too. Thanks for asking!
I'm going through your query.Please stay connected while I look in to the details for you.
Thanks for staying connected.
I’m sorry this is taking longer than expected; could you please be on hold for another 2 minutes while I continue researching?

what I got so far

Wait it out. who knows. You may get lucky.

At least your BB order gets 10%, still a good discount.

snack

Amazon applied an additional 20% off my Battlefield 1 (PS4) from the E3 promo back in June. $39.97 all in after taxes for it ain't too shabby!

Kyolux

I'm guessing it's going to be a no. She just asked me if the promo was active when I pre-ordered this "game".

That's a nope for me here. (for reason stated above)

But free $10. I'll take it!

farisr

Well, at least I got all my old e3 preorders (including the couple of ridiculously discounted ones that are still left) upgraded to prime shipping now. All of them show release date delivery now.

farisr

Ended up paying $45 CAD for a FH3 code. (I managed to get an order in before Target fixed the price, but they cancelled on me an hour later, sigh...)

Kinda felt nostalgic for the older E3 sales as that's what they would come out to after tax.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's the 5 games to break even thing that gets me since you essentially have to be paying near full price for them. 20% off an $80 game doesn't save you that much, especially once tax is thrown in.

Kind of hard to justify paying that much with how fast prices are collapsing for most games.
(before tax)
Is Prime 79.99?

15 * 7 = 105 which already passed your investment of 79.99

or ?
The value is personal, because I guess if you buy a lot of small things from Amazon then the "free" shipping is worth it. But if you're doing it just for the games, then you need to buy more than 5 for it to be worth it.

The new Twitch thing announced today is okay, but unless you are a student, I still don't think it's that great if you're in it only for the game deals. The thing should be 60 bucks at most, considering there's no value add to the membership otherwise.

Bit of a PSA

If anyone here has placed a pre-order for Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition from amazon.ca, please note that you might have been charged an extra $5 as an "environmental handling fee". I only noticed it a couple of days ago, but figured that this should be pointed out just in case.

here is the link for the item in question:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KP4ZYGK/

As far as I'm aware from reading amazon's website, the fee is supposed to be for recycling electronics. Unless the coins are a part of the program, I don't think they're supposed to be charging this particular fee for this item. Eb games still has it for sale and I haven't seen them charge the fee when I tried ordering it from them (I didn't complete the checkout process though). Just a heads up for anyone else who might have ordered it from amazon.

Wow. Amazon.ca just retroactively refunded me $12 as the 20% discount on Dragon Quest 7 3DS. Apparently because it was from within the last 30 days I guess?

Luigi87

I'm not sure. Their FAQ seems carefully worded, and this particular one stands out.

The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?

Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price.

Kiro

Well, with the wonky preorder situation of E3, my order is only 17% discount right now. Hoping to get that to 37% right now. Worth a try.

Kiro

Amazon CS said they would give me an additional 20% discount on the games within 24 hours. I have the conversation saved, so they can't get out of it now.

At the rate that people are trying to get an additional 20% off on already placed discounted orders in here we can expect this amazon prime bonus to end by next week....

wachie

Thanks, bud. Just got 10% off my PSVR pre-order too.
Cheers.

Yes, correct. When it ships, log into your BB account and check the receipt PDF and it should reflect the 10% credit.

Thank you so much. This really helps.Just called in to get it changed, they told me the same thing (but 3-5 business days).

Anyways thanks to this, now the PSVR bundle comes in for cheaper than the US exchange rate, whereas before it was overpriced by $50. Awesome!
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom