• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKhalid

DEAL/PRICE ERROR (YMMV)

Target USA has Forza Horizon 3 digital for $19.99 USD. THIS WORKS IN CANADA. You have to switch back to the US site, which is counterintuitive, but then it'll let you checkout with a Canadian credit card.

No one's sure when this one will shut down (or if it's already shut down) so get your orders in fast.

Super good deals, I saw that thread and was able to order! I was not too sure if I want the VIP pass. Too late now for that decision!

Enilced2

So just got this email from Amazon. Not sure if this means this will end up happening with all E3 preorders but it is interesting.

We're contacting you about order#--- for Forza Horizon 3 - Xbox One Standard Edition. As of September 30, 2016, Prime members may now save 20% on pre-order and new release video games.

Your order qualifies for this offer. Since we have already shipped your product, we've added a $2 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.

Thanks for being a Prime member! We hope to see you again soon.

Anyone else get this?

Ryde3

Got a code, about 26GB downloaded, I'm hype!!! I got this plus Gears 4 for a total of 43$ and change, best deals in awhile here.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
As far as terrible opinions go, this is near the top of the pile. Not only is rotr extremely boring, it's story is also a joke. Apparently it's a graphical showcase yet I'm still waiting for those "impressive" visuals to show up. Rotr is significantly worse than the reboot and that was average.

*shrug* I had to force myself to finish UC4. Tomb Raider was a lot more fun throughout. Sorry my opinion offends you that much.

SickBoy

The new Tomb Raiders are divisive (or, maybe it's that the people who hate it really hate it, and do so loudly). I really like both of them. If you played the reboot and liked it, there's a strong chance you'll like Rise.

I think Uncharted 4 was the first in the series to really deliver on story, and it's far better than Tomb Raider in that department. I wouldn't say that -- by video game standards -- there's anything terribly wrong with the ROTR story. Gameplay wise, it really depends on your tastes, but I probably found more consistent enjoyment in Tomb Raider.... but Uncharted does have moments that are incredible.

So I ordered a Blu-ray from AmiAmi and shipped it using the registered Air Small Packet option. Total value of the item is ~100CAD
What are my odds that I'll get screwed over by customs fee and other charges?
I've only started ordering items from Japan very recently, and haven't had that experience before.

ohlawd

gawd I would have loved that cheap Forza Horizon 3

So I ordered a Blu-ray from AmiAmi and shipped it using the registered Air Small Packet option. Total value of the item is ~100CAD
I've only started ordering items from Japan very recently, and haven't had that experience before.
that's the shipping I picked for my Cordelia figure and I made it out safe (no customs)

It's always going to be luck of the draw. I've never ordered from AmiAmi but I have ordered from a bunch of places in Japan and Hong Kong over the years (Yesasia, CDJapan, HMV, etc.) and not once have I been hit with customs. That said, I usually get unregistered air mail shipping or cheaper, and I've heard the more expensive options might get searched more often. But I think you'll probably be fine.

MarkusRJR

Does the new Amazon.ca 20% off video games cover just pre-order or is it also including already released games?

There's a few Nintendo games I've always wanted to pick up but they're never going to go on sale normally. Would be awesome to pick them up for 20% off.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does the new Amazon.ca 20% off video games cover just pre-order or is it also including already released games?

There's a few Nintendo games I've always wanted to pick up but they're never going to go on sale normally. Would be awesome to pick them up for 20% off.

Only preorders and new releases (upto 2 weeks if its the same policy as US Amazon)

If you dont mind me asking, which games are you looking for specifically?

Moltenix

I paid about 68 CAD for my digital copy of Horizon 3. *sighs*

Ah well, can't win them all. Enjoy the game for those that got it, it's fantastic!

stn

Guys, need quick help. When does Amazon charge you for a pre-order? When it ships or when you place the order? Many thanks! I got the Prime trial and am contemplating ordering a BUNCH of games right now, some pre-orders. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it only good for pre-orders for games coming out within 2 weeks?????

Shoeless

Guys, need quick help. When does Amazon charge you for a pre-order? When it ships or when you place the order? Many thanks! I got the Prime trial and am contemplating ordering a BUNCH of games right now, some pre-orders. Thanks.

You only get charged when they ship.

kevin1025

Banned

EDIT: Is it only good for pre-orders for games coming out within 2 weeks?????

You will be charged when the game ships. It's good for any game pre-order, and new releases within two weeks of their release date.

stn

Thank you! And is it true that only games coming out within the next two weeks will be valid for pre-orders? Thanks.

EDIT: Aha, got it. So new releases will only have the deal for two weeks from release? Thanks.

MarkusRJR

Only preorders and new releases (upto 2 weeks if its the same policy as US Amazon)

If you dont mind me asking, which games are you looking for specifically?
Zelda: TP HD, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (missed that clearance sale at The Source) and Kirby Planet Robobot.

Moltenix

The Target one came out to $68 CDN or from a different source?

I guess I'm waiting till Black Friday!

Nah, preordered it last week for that much by getting some digital Xbox gift cards off the Singapore MS store. Then switching my location to Singapore and getting the game for 70 SGD from the Singapore app store which was about 68 CAD. Worked for other GAFers from UK and Europe where their digital version is also overpriced. You still own the game even after you switch regions back.

A bit of jumping thru hoops but no way was I gonna be paying full price lol

kevin1025

Banned
Nah, preordered it last week for that much by getting some digital Xbox gift cards off the Singapore MS store. Then switching my location to Singapore and getting the game for 70 SGD from the Singapore app store which was about 68 CAD. Worked for other GAFers from UK and Europe where their digital version is also overpriced. You still own the game even after you switch regions back.

A bit of jumping thru hoops but no way was I gonna be paying full price lol

Good call, haha.

imBask

Banned
omg the prime game deal is finally here?!?!

and I get a free twitch sub?!

omg is Prime finally good in Canada?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT IS THIS

Bronetta

Rogers just sent me an email about shomi getting cancelled and apparently they're giving 6 months of Netflix as consolation. Not bad but Im still gonna call them to give them an earful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom