• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon would offer a free games promo and people would find a way to get paid for them.

I've actually been paid for a game I bought. SFV CE. And I wasn't taking advantage of anyone. I got patched through to US support when a CS rep from across the pond stated that there was no pre-order costume bonus. The rep in the US intended to refund me $20 so that I can purchase the costume in the aftermarket. Only while doing so...he also somehow messed up and refunded the money for the whole game. BUT...he did noticed it after he did it. Then let me know of the mistake, and told me not to worry about it. To think of it as an added bonus for my troubles.

At the rate that people are trying to get an additional 20% off on already placed discounted orders in here we can expect this amazon prime bonus to end by next week....

I'm kind of getting tired of Amazon's unofficial policy of "if you bug us enough and the full moon is in Saturn, you get all the discounts, otherwise get fucked."

Magnus

There's a new 20% off games Prime deal?

So, if I ordered FFXV back when it was just $49, I should be able to contact CS and get $10 off?

farisr

It's over.
Oh man, I had no idea it was the last day yesterday. Saw your post about the deal at 1130pm last night. Really glad I didn't go "their phone lines close at midnight, might as well just do it tomorrow" and went with my gut instinct and rushed to contact support to get them to get the promotion applied.

So, if I ordered FFXV back when it was just $49, I should be able to contact CS and get $10 off?
I spoke to a representative, she said that the prices are supposed to be changed automatically to the new 20% off pre-order discounts. Even for orders that already have discounts on them from prior to this new deal (aka E3, etc), this discount seems to be an automated process, so I guess keep looking forward to getting those certificates in your account for every order lol. The price won't change but you will get an email after it ships telling you they have given you money for your next order. Some of us already got that for already shipped items.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

No. The 20% is off the list price. If the game is discounted in any way, the 20% Prime discount won't stack (unless the discount is less than 20% in which case Prime will top it up to 20% off)

People shouldn't be getting 20% off their discounted preorders. Sure you can try fooling a gullible CSR into doing it but don't be surprised if Amazon clamps down on the fine print and gets even more strict in the future.

No. The 20% is off the list price. If the game is discounted in any way, the 20% Prime discount won't stack (unless the discount is less than 20% in which case Prime will top it up to 20% off)

People shouldn't be getting 20% off their discounted preorders. Sure you can try fooling a gullible CSR into doing it but don't be surprised if Amazon clamps down on the fine print and gets even more strict in the future.
Read the post above yours. I got a certificate with money for my SMTIVA order that I put in when the game was both $59 (currently $64) + the E3 deal on top. To top it off, the item was shipped to me last Tuesday from last week. Rep said all of my pre-orders will be getting certificates for the next order, as this is an automated process.

Read the post above yours. I got a certificate with money for my SMTIVA order that I put in when the game was both $59 (currently $64) + the E3 deal on top. To top it off, the item was shipped to me last Tuesday from last week. Rep said all of my pre-orders will be getting certificates for the next order, as this is an automated process.

How much you got?

Also, yes it's an automated process. If you have a 17% discount on something (like the E3 miscalculations), you should get a 3% additional rebate, like some already signaled. Some CSR have been saying it does not work like you said, yours said it works like that and others had to asks about to get it. It's a Amazon mess like usual with no clear consistent answers from them.

How much you got?

I got $5:
Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #XXXXXXX for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Nintendo 3DS. As of September 30, 2016, Prime members may now save 20% on pre-order and new release video games.

Your order qualifies for this offer. Since we have already shipped your product, we've added a $5 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.

Thanks for being a Prime member! We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.ca

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

So they gave you a $5 credit now but how much discount did you originally get?

Edit: Just saw its the E3 deal so I guess its 20%.

You got the credit but not everyone is getting it when they contact CSRs from what it looks like.

univbee

Went in on the Xbox One S upgrade deal when I found out the 500gig also got a $50 price cut.

IGVwEsIl.jpg)

Not bad for $11.50 and 5 games; two of which I got back (though your mileage may vary on Fallout 4, guess it's not really supposed to qualify but the stores in my region were giving it out anyways).

Aww damn, would have totally done this but it looks like yesterday was the last day.

So they gave you a $5 credit now but how much discount did you originally get?

Edit: Just saw its the E3 deal so I guess its 20%.

You got the credit but not everyone is getting it when they contact CSRs from what it looks like.
I didn't contact anyone to get the credit, it was automatically attributed to me after it was shipped. I contacted CS after it happened to clarify whether this would be happening for all of my orders, to which she said it would. Basically the system checks your stuff after it's sent, notices that you didn't get discounted for the pre-order before shipping and rectifies the error automatically by reimbursing the money into your Amazon account, which will automatically take whatever money was given to you off of your next purchase.

Everybody getting the Prime credit: were you already Prime before the 20% promo or did you sign up in the last day or so? Curious to know if I'll be getting one or not (I'm guessing not because Amazon hates me).

snack

Everybody getting the Prime credit: were you already Prime before the 20% promo or did you sign up in the last day or so? Curious to know if I'll be getting one or not (I'm guessing not because Amazon hates me).

For me, yes. I was a prime member before the 20% promo.

Bronetta

I didn't contact anyone to get the credit, it was automatically attributed to me after it was shipped. I contacted CS after it happened to clarify whether this would be happening for all of my orders, to which she said it would. Basically the system checks your stuff after it's sent, notices that you didn't get discounted for the pre-order before shipping and rectifies the error automatically by reimbursing the money into your Amazon account, which will automatically take whatever money was given to you off of your next purchase.

Ah I see. Well that's pretty good for people who already had those preorders.

the difference in price of my order from e3 with discounts last year to what it would be if I replaced it with prime is about $2.

Is there a point in cancelling it and re-ordering them now or should I just ride it out and see how it goes with the discounts from e3?

iiicon

The only way to get Amazon Prime in Canada is with an annual sub, right? With the holidays coming up and the added benefits of Twitch I've been thinking that maybe Prime might almost kinda make sense, if only for a couple months.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The only way to get Amazon Prime in Canada is with an annual sub, right? With the holidays coming up and the added benefits of Twitch I've been thinking that maybe Prime might almost kinda make sense, if only for a couple months.
Has Prime ever gone on sale during Black Friday or Boxing Day?

wachie

Oh man, I had no idea it was the last day yesterday. Saw your post about the deal at 1130pm last night. Really glad I didn't go "their phone lines close at midnight, might as well just do it tomorrow" and went with my gut instinct and rushed to contact support to get them to get the promotion applied.
Same here, I was my unusual self and went against my procrastinating habit. I'm glad you and a few others got in on the discount.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So, uh, I went to get a Prime membership and it offered me it at $39.99 because somehow it still thinks I am a student? I went ahead and activated and I think it went through. The hell...?

Bronetta

So, uh, I went to get a Prime membership and it offered me it at $39.99 because somehow it still thinks I am a student? I went ahead and activated and I think it went through. The hell...?

Someone here stated they had been out of University for 3 years and it still offered him student Prime.

Did you do the free trial before? I think it remembers you as a Student even if some time has passed (I subscribed a year after my student trial had ended and it still gave me student pricing)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Someone here stated they had been out of University for 3 years and it still offered him student Prime.

Did you do the free trial before? I think it remembers you as a Student even if some time has passed (I subscribed a year after my student trial had ended and it still gave me student pricing)
Yea, I had a 6 month student trial active about a while ago, that's how it remembers I'm a student I guess.

soultron

Banned
/Goes to link Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts.
/Gets warning about how it can't be done because my Kindle store region is set to US.
/Checks Kindle store region settings using the instructions and links provided.
/Kindle store region is set to Canada.
/Wonders what to do next.

EDIT: Nevermind, the instructions were just poorly written.

Is the NES Classic up for pre-order anywhere? Whats the MSRP for Canada?

Edit - Oh, I see someone asked about the pre-order earlier on this page.... =/

Being on the fence, knowing that I missed a 50$ off by a day makes me want to cancel my PSVR more. It sucks... Great for those who got it, though!

Yeah, even with the discount (it's actually $62 off the price since there's a tax component too), I might still cancel. PSVR is such a ripoff in light of the lackluster software coming.

Gitaroo

Being on the fence, knowing that I missed a 50$ off by a day makes me want to cancel my PSVR more. It sucks... Great for those who got it, though!

I was on the fence, Rez convinced me to keep it. On top of that, I can game on my personal OLED screen (cinema mode) is a nice gimmick.

Yeah, even with the discount (it's actually $62 off the price since there's a tax component too), I might still cancel. PSVR is such a ripoff in light of the lackluster software coming.

Yeah I'm still wrestling with whether I should keep it or not but it really is an awful deal and I'm probably better off waiting.

Bronetta

Going through all the Prime eligible games at work to see if there's any good deals and I just saw this:

Quantum Break Timeless Collector's Edition PC - $32 after Prime discount.

Looks like it includes a Steam key. I know this game is supposed to be badly optimized but that's not a bad price if you want it day 1. Steam has it for $44 but the physical copy includes some bonus goodies.

stn

Any clue when this Prime deal for 20% off select games ends? I'm going ham over here with purchases, lol!

Yeah, it's not timed. But I'm still preordering stuff way in advance, in case of price drops.

It won't matter unless the MSRP specifically is the price that drops. Amazon no longer adjusts for temporary price drops; you get 20% off MSRP, regardless of whether the price later drops because Amazon decided to price match someone else's promo or randomly. In other words, if the price drop shows up like

$64.99 $59.99

you'll still get 20% off $64.99, not $59.99.

I'm totally not bitter about SMT4 nope no way

You can actually see this right now with certain games that are currently discounted:

mpAt1Zg.png

20% off $74.99 should be $59.99, not $63.99.

Sealtest

that's because they give you the discount on "list" price and not that price.

It's to avoid fiascos of price drops then them giving yoiu an additional 20% off that price drop.

I got $5:

Same here on same game. I just got back from a 1.5 week vacation "offline" and am trying to figure out if there's more I can do for any other e3 pre-orders I had made or how this all works.

Is the consensus that this is just a cool benefit and finally a nice reason to be prime in Can?

I'm seeing a lot of CSR bugging for profit posts but I'm such a non-bugging kinda guy. Let me know if I should change my ways.

Edit: holy crap Twitch Prime / Amazon!!
I missed a megaton and a half here, nice!

soultron

Banned
I wonder if the Prime discount will apply to new colours of controllers when they come out? I'd love to grab a new DS4 for long destiny sessions where I tend to play through a full charge.

Xenoflare

Ok, my XB1 controller's headphone jack is broken after all, got a free replacement from MS store but the people there made it sound like the stores technically aren't responsible for controller replacement and instead I need to contact Xbox online for sending replacements.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom