• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Even if I can find it for $20 or so around then? Still not worth it?

I only got SO because there were few other options for RPGs on the PS4, and it looked cool enough.

It's not awful but if you've got FFXV and World of FF preordered, those are very likely going to be superior games. SO5 has good concepts to its lore, world, and characters, but the budget isn't there for everything to feel fleshed out.

The best comparison I've heard is that it feels like disc 1 for a bigger RPG that we never got.

kevin1025

Banned
It sucks mang, let it go. IMO the $20 or whatever would be better spent on a good meal or something.

I only got SO because there were few other options for RPGs on the PS4, and it looked cool enough.

It's not awful but if you've got FFXV and World of FF preordered, those are very likely going to be superior games. SO5 has good concepts to its lore, world, and characters, but the budget isn't there for everything to feel fleshed out.

The best comparison I've heard is that it feels like disc 1 for a bigger RPG that we never got.

Darn, that makes me sad. I was hoping for the best. I'll put it toward an extra viewing of Rogue One, haha.

Every time i see these lists it reminds me how little money I'm spending in the next 6 months.

My list:

Zelda Wii U - $60

I'm not really sure why people are making lists again. It's not like the this is a time-limited sale or anything from amazon. I guess if the MSRP drops?

farisr

The only time I'm going to post a list now is at the end of the year, to show how many preorders I cancelled vs how many I kept. LOL.

UberTag

I would feel disingenuous posting a list of my pre-orders because there's no way in hell I'm keeping like 80% of them.

Why would I want to brag about the number of games I'm buying Day 1 sight unseen for $70 including tax?
At least a good deal would be worth sharing so others could take advantage of it.

DVCY201

Are you guys made out of money? Like more than 75% of those games are going to be discounted further than 20%. I don't even have time to get through most of these games before the next one comes out

Fularu

Banned
I have FF XV for 30$, Paper Mario, Mario Party, Zelda Wii U (for 30$) and Dragon Quest 8 and uh... I believe that's it

I've canceled everything else, including some dirt cheap crap I'll buy for 5$ on PSN during a flashsale down the road (I'm looking at you Titanfall 2 and BattleField 1)

kevin1025

Banned
Are you guys made out of money? Like more than 75% of those games are going to be discounted further than 20%. I don't even have time to get through most of these games before the next one comes out

The ones I listed are $50 or under, with the price drops and 30% and all! Gears and FF XV are $39 with taxes.

Kyolux

I'm single and don't go out all that much.

But yeah, most of those are discounted way more than 20% off except for a few.

And I like to have games day 1 if I can. It's just something I enjoy.

Anyone know what No Man's Sky is going for used at EB or Best Buy? I want to flip my copy before it's worth nothing and buy it down the road if they ever add anything.

farisr

Anyone know what No Man's Sky is going for used at EB or Best Buy? I want to flip my copy before it's worth nothing and buy it down the road if they ever add anything.
69.99 at best buy (used).

Trade in value at best buy is $18. Multiple people on kijiji have it listed at $50. Someone even listed it for $35. May be another Deus Ex situation all over again, where it's not selling.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
With Thanksgiving being next Monday, when do you guys expect Amazon to ship games released on the 11th in Toronto? I know EB will ship the Friday before, but Amazon doesn't strike me as the kind of company that thinks ahead like that.

With Thanksgiving being next Monday, when do you guys expect Amazon to ship games released on the 11th in Toronto? I know EB will ship the Friday before, but Amazon doesn't strike me as the kind of company that thinks ahead like that.
Hmm that's a good question i imagine they'll go out friday unless they overnight them on monday.

I preordered a game from VGP, anyone know how long their shipping usually takes?

I live in Toronto and it seems to take about a day after being charged for normal orders. The last time I pre-ordered anything with an explicit release date was a few years ago, though (Drakengard 3); back then it was reliably two days after release date for me.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Oh my, fuck, I just realized that Gears released that day!
However, when I go to Amazon and check the Gears order, it says they will ship it on the 6th. I hope that's fucking true because mine's got two-day shipping and I'm right next to the Mississauga warehouse, I always get my packages on the second day even with free shipping, meaning I might get it on the 7th which is when the Ultimate Edition early access begins! Pray for me pls.

Also, looks like Xbox Marketplace has finally changed to regional pricing. Forza Horizon 3 DLC prices are weird, $3.89, $12.84 for what I assume costs $2.99, $9.99 in the US. QQ

iphys

Seriously, I always have so many games to play I might as well wait for sales and save myself from paying for prime. With the high MSRP these days not even a 20% discount is very tempting, and it's a rarity a game gets released that I'm actually dying to play day 1.

FpxrQKz.jpg

Seeing that subject line pop up as a notification on my phone just now threw me for a bit of a loop, lmao.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know this will affect at least one person in here.

As of Oct 1, #hospitalparking over $10/day will be discounted for frequent visitors. http://ontario.ca/cw3t

04dPx3T.jpg
Better than shipping and list talk. ;)

EDIT: Hope Amazon.ca matches that Zelda book price because I preordered it there during a 15% off books promo.

I wish I could wait for sales and discounts on released games. I obsess over them being out and that if I don't buy them/play them I'll get behind.

If Amazon expands their Prime pre-order discount to non-video games I'll be all over that. But 20% off a list book price isn't worth it.

EDIT: Wish I pre-ordered that Zelda book earlier. Now it's not high enough for free shipping.

N° 2048

I wish I could wait for sales and discounts on released games. I obsess over them being out and that if I don't buy them/play them I'll get behind.

Yep same here.

Also I live month to month so I never know where life may go...so I try to play a lot of games Day 1.

Luigi87

I know this will affect at least one person in here.

Better than shipping and list talk. ;)

EDIT: Hope Amazon.ca matches that Zelda book price because I preordered it there during a 15% off books promo.

I think they have?
My total cost is now $22.09 after tax (13% HST)
Purchased price: CDN$ 24.75, with 15% off

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think they have?
My total cost is now $22.09 after tax (13% HST)
Purchased price: CDN$ 24.75, with 15% off
Yep. They don't show that price on the product page though.

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 24.75
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.90
FREE Shipping: -CDN$ 5.90
15% Off Books: -CDN$ 3.71
Total before tax: CDN$ 21.04
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.05
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 22.09

Luigi87

lol
I use the TD MySpend app.

Amazon just charged me for Azure Striker Gunvolt Dual Pack. On the app it was listed as "Utilities".

Must think it's electrical related, lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If Amazon expands their Prime pre-order discount to non-video games I'll be all over that. But 20% off a list book price isn't worth it.

EDIT: Wish I pre-ordered that Zelda book earlier. Now it's not high enough for free shipping.

People still buy books from Amazon...? I've generally used bookdepository and it's always free shipping and decent prices.

Fularu

Banned
So my Yokai games arrived today (super fast shipping Amazon!) and I noticed that no 20% preorder promotion was applied

5 minutes later and a CSR issued the 18,40$ refund

Amazon is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom