• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
20% pre-order discount just got automatically applied to my E3 preorders. So 20% off on all 20% off price cut preorders I have. I feel blessed.

I feel like I am this close to actively campaigning to get other people's discounts revoked. What the fucking hell, Amazon? Where's my fucking pricing mistake?

(yes I am super salty and yes it is totally irrational and yes you should ignore everything I say because I am dumb)

Lexxism

I tried PRIME to ordered stuff this morning and received the order just now. Damn, I'm really tempted to get this service once the trial is over. Same day delivery is just amazing.

NYR

Gears ship already for anybody else? Got notice of shipping today from Amazon. Making me hopeful for a Friday delivery!
Mine shipped but it says delivery is Oct 11.

The nice surprise was the invoice - I only paid CDN$ 36.72! I forgot how cheap games were in 2015 lol.

I tried PRIME to ordered stuff this morning and received the order just now. Damn, I'm really tempted to get this service once the trial is over. Same day delivery is just amazing.

Prime kicks ass. More support for Amazon = better selection of stuff in the future

I used Prime over the weekend to order something, and they said it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday even though they shipped it out on Saturday (!). The Canada Post tracking on the item stops Sunday afternoon and the package hasn't resurfaced since. They have 40 minutes ("will arrive by 8pm today") to get my package to me before I start looking into what Amazon's delivery guarantee actually means.

Like, seriously. I think Amazon actually genuinely hates me.

Luigi87

Yeah, no bonus discount here, but whatever, don't bother me, lol

On the upside, my Gunvolt Dual Pack should arrive tomorrow!

For those of you who who've had Gears 4 ship, did you order it during the 30% off promo last year? What did the final price come out to be?
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 49.96
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
30% Pre-orders: -CDN$ 14.99
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 1.75
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 2.45
Total: CDN$ 39.17
Paid by Visa: CDN$ 39.17

Sealtest

Hopefully Amazon fixes the Shantae PS4 preorder soon and that they make the 20% off the real $34.99 price. All CS did was forward it to marketing.

F4r0_Atak

Hey guys, I really need help with how to use my 20% off coupon I received for the last Play 2016 promo (last August). I have about 45$ and I already planned to get the Resident Evil Revelations 2 season pass at 7.99$ and don't know what to get else. Any suggestions?

P.s Fyi, I already have most, if not all, the free PS Plus games they were giving out since the PS4's launch.

Kiro

It's a bit unfortunate that this thread has a certain outlook about "cheating the system" with Amazon and deals. I get that a lot aren't for it, but I like posting the clever stories of what I did and now I feel like I get shamed for it. Just fun to read the stories and banter.

Oh well!

Cynar

It's a bit unfortunate that this thread has a certain outlook about "cheating the system" with Amazon and deals. I get that a lot aren't for it, but I like posting the clever stories of what I did and now I feel like I get shamed for it. Just fun to read the stories and banter.

Oh well!
Fraud isn't cool. This isn't redflagdeals where it's cool to trick some customer support agent into a scam. If it's legit that's all good but yeah fraud sucks.

DVCY201

Oh well!

I think it depends on whether it's genius promo stacking or errors in Amazon vs pestering 10 CSR until one gives in and stacks the discounts anyway, despite not knowing any better. There were a lot of stories of just trying and trying new CSR until one buckled.

For example, I bought clothes for 70% off plus stacked another 20% off for signing up for their newsletter, that's awesome and legit.

THE PEOPLE GETTING 20% OFF THEIR E3 ORDERS, did you have Prime during E3 when you ordered? I didn't, and I'm not seeing any additional discount yet, but I have Prime now.

SickBoy

Yeah, I don't think anyone is worried about price errors or times when you get a great deal (i.e.: Gears of War 4 for $35+tax).

But I think it's uncomfortable reading about times when it seems like a customer service agent makes a mistake... maybe not the first time, but subsequent times when it's clear that people have realized "hey, customer service folks might be prone to screwing up in this particular way" and have quite obviously opened up service complaints simply in an effort to replicate that.

Never mind the occasional overture about outright fraud.

EDIT: As for 20% off, my Zelda preorder is marked down 20%, but it's one of those ones from this year's promo, where the applied "20%" is really a discount that targets a specific price. So the E3 discount is eliminated. No adjustments on other preorders as of yet, but I'll keep an eye out. Gears' "Prime preorder" price is higher than the $50 it hit via the preorder price guarantee, so I don't expect any movement on that. I do have some other 30% preorders that I'll be watching.

Kiro

I think it depends on whether it's genius promo stacking or errors in Amazon vs pestering 10 CSR until one gives in and stacks the discounts anyway, despite not knowing any better. There were a lot of stories of just trying and trying new CSR until one buckled.

For example, I bought clothes for 70% off plus stacked another 20% off for signing up for their newsletter, that's awesome and legit.

THE PEOPLE GETTING 20% OFF THEIR E3 ORDERS, did you have Prime during E3 when you ordered? I didn't, and I'm not seeing any additional discount yet.

True, I wouldn't pester and try to trick them. But today I asked about my E3 Promo and how it worked with the preorder 20% thing now. Next thing you know the guy is discounting all my games. I don't think it's very fair of me to get that, but I didn't try to trick him or even inquire with that goal in mind.

Luigi87

Same and I barely know what those games are...

If you're expecting something like Mega Man Zero, don't.

Gunvolt games are technically easier than the Zero games, but that's also because they don't play like standard action titles.
What GV does is he tags enemies with his blaster (you can apply multiple tags to either a single, or multiple targets, depending which blaster you have equipped) and then you cause the actual damage to enemies by using GV's Flash Field (that electrical field) which sends out bolts targeting tagged enemies.

The games are largely about avoiding damage, racking up combos, and speed running. I really liked the first one.

DVCY201

True, I wouldn't pester and try to trick them. But today I asked about my E3 Promo and how it worked with the preorder 20% thing now. Next thing you know the guy is discounting all my games. I don't think it's very fair of me to get that, but I didn't try to trick him or even inquire with that goal in mind.

No, that's totally cool. You didn't go out of your way and got a nice deal! I'm happy for you, I'd hope others are happy for you. I think it just rubs people the wrong way when others start attempting to replicate it multiple times, and then it affects all of us in the sense that maybe we'll get less promos or CSR won't be as helpful.

Kiro

No, that's totally cool. You didn't go out of your way and got a nice deal! I'm happy for you, I'd hope others are happy for you. I think it just rubs people the wrong way when others start attempting to replicate it multiple times, and then it affects all of us in the sense that maybe we'll get less promos or CSR won't be as helpful.

Ah okay, so posting about lucky unintentional gains is cool.
But agreed, cheating the system only hurts us all.

Anyways, I now have Spiderman and Death Stranding for 39.99 woo woo!

If you're talking about my comments earlier about wanting to revoke people's discounts: I apologize. That's me venting about feeling like Amazon won't give me the time of day while other people don't even ask for things and get everything for free. That's not on you (at least, not unless you're actively trying to trick CSRs or something), that's Amazon basically making their discounts totally random based on what CSR you managed to get today or the next day.

It basically makes it feel like you HAVE to contact CSRs and plead your case just to get the deal you thought you were getting, because look at all these other people who barely lifted a finger and get double discounts, why aren't I getting the same discounts, maybe I should use more forceful language or yell at a CSR on the phone or something but ugh, I don't want to be that person. So instead I get Amazon telling me that no, you don't get that 20% discount anymore, because fuck you, and I just take it. It sucks. But that's not really your fault.

Firestorm

I had Prime when I ordered. I don't anymore. I got an email saying RE7 was discounted 20% due to Prime and it was but no longer has the E3 discount. On the other hand my other games on that same order haven't been reduced by 20% nor did I get an email for them?

Any reason why signing up for the student Amazon Prime would give me money? I was on a regular Prime account with some time left still and switched to a student one. My credit card shows that Prime gave me $30.35 on that day. I'm confused lol.

SRG01

Just stopping by to say that The Source has cheap MLC SSDs on sale: $40 for 128GB and $80 for 256GB. Read/write is 550/450 respectively.

Both are OOS online so you have to go in-store. This is the second time this sale has happened in the past month or so too, so they're probably getting rid of old stock.

I got an e-mail that my Mafia 3 pre-order was another 20% off because I had Prime that month.......except I cancelled Mafia 3 a couple days ago!

Oh well

Wait, so some of you are getting 20% off all your recent E3 orders with Prime and some aren't?

Unkle

Would anyone like a 20% off PlayStation North American Store coupon?

Needs to be used in the next hour or so, though.

Samemind

omg it exists :D

50 pack of Reese cups/reese bits/o'henry and others for $10 WHAT

JmBkN1.gif

I miss the days of EB's trade 3, get 1 free deal, and when Blockbuster and Rogers Plus were still around. I used to get great mileage out of that.

I remember getting three games fully paid off for $100.

I would go to Blockbuster and Rogers Plus/Video and buy used games that qualified for ten to fifteen dollars, then trade them in.

Hell, I remember when EB had an old NHL game on for $1.52 used and $1.99 new. Blockbuster across the street was paying $10 for any used current gen game. I bought lots from EB, then PMed at Future Shop, and traded those in towards a DSi.

Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom