• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I lucked out in weird ways this week.

I had purchased a DC Comics Colouring Book from Walmart. It has all sorts of retro comic book covers and single sheets of superheroes, a lot of which are from the 40s and 50s. It's really nice. Anyways, it's $21.99 and Walmart charges sticker price. I cracked and bought it due to how cool it was. Then, yesterday, I found it at Shopper's and their books keep scanning for 25% off, so I bought it there then returned the one to Walmart because I hadn't used it.

I didn't have my receipt, so I got a gift card, and used it to buy another book that I bought recently as well. I bought that with cash, and still have the receipt, so I'll return that for my money back lol

Also ended up returning both of the Gears controllers to the store I got them from. I had a gift card I had forgotten about for Walmart, and used it to rebuy them while I decide which one I want to keep, or both (because I have a problem.) Walmart only wanted $79.99 instead of $84.99, too, so I lucked out.

Michael's has a 50% off coupon until Thursday, too, so I stopped there and got some cheap pencil crayons I love for 1/2 price ($6). While there, I looked at the Prismacolor artist sets they have. It made me glad I bought my 132 pack, when I splurged, from Amazon when they were on sale for $90.99. Michael's wants fucking $333 plus taxes. The 150 pack is $399.99, I think. (Thankfully for their shoppers, the 50% off coupons work for those, but still. It's still a lot more than Amazon. Amazon tops out at $280 for the set I bought.)

Why is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide $39.99 ($31.99 with Prime) on Amazon.ca but $53.49 on PSN?

o_O

Paycheck to paycheck. Good paycheck but unstable job.

Ah, okay. Sorry to pry. I'd just never heard the term before.

Is Verminitide the shooter? That one intrigues me because of the genre.

EDIT: I see that the pink shadow and light blue Xbox One controllers are now out. The blue one is really ugly, but the pink one looks better than expected. Must resist, though, because I'd be a moron to buy it.

SirKhalid

I used to buy a lot of books from Bookdepository when the Canadian dollars was strong. I bought a lot of manga for like 7-7.50 without tax with discount coupon.

Now, I only use Bookoutlet, Amazon and Chapters.

1337Sauce

So under my amazon orders, a lot of my E3 games are showing up as 63.99. Are the E3 discount prices being reflected here now? Some of my games still say 79.99, while others are at 63.99, which would be after 20 percent off.

Should I still expect my discount to be applied on top of that, bringing it down to roughly 51 dollars?

Lexxism

So under my amazon orders, a lot of my E3 games are showing up as 63.99. Are the E3 discount prices being reflected here now? Some of my games still say 79.99, while others are at 63.99, which would be after 20 percent off.

Should I still expect my discount to be applied on top of that, bring it down to roughly 51 dollars?
When did you do the pre-order? This year?

1337Sauce

When did you do the pre-order? This year?

Some this year and some last year.

For example: Gears 4 - Ordered E3 2015 - States 49.96 on my order page.
Dragon Quest Builders - Ordered E3 2016 - States 63.99 on my order page.

Now, 30 percent of 79.99 in the Gears situation does not equal 49.96...so I am assuming at some point it dropped down to 49.96, and therefore, my thirty percent should still come off that lowest price.

Where I get confused is with Dragon Quest. Applying the same logic, I would assume that my discount would come off whatever is listed on the order page. However, it seems like a big coincidence that 63.99 is exactly twenty percent off, which is what I get from the E3 2016 deal. Am I just lucky and Dragon Quest dropped to 63.99 for a moment, and I will still get another twenty percent off of that?

Sorry for the complicated question, just trying to see what pre-orders I want to keep since I will be investing in a 4K TV soon, and would like to cancel games I may not have time to get around to.

Lexxism

Some this year and some last year.

For example: Gears 4 - Ordered E3 2015 - States 49.96 on my order page.
Dragon Quest Builders - Ordered E3 2016 - States 63.99 on my order page.
I think Gears 4 price went down to $50 last June alongside FF15 etc. That price is before the 30%.

The 63.99 is the manually 20% discount. So, no more 20% will be added to your order unless you try to argue to amazon CSR that there's no 20% discount on your order.

1337Sauce

I think Gears 4 price went down to $50 last June alongside FF15 etc. That price is before the 30%.

The 63.99 is the manually 20% discount. So, no more 20% will be added to your order unless you try to argue to amazon CSR that there's no 20% discount on your order.

Yeah I'm not looking to argue, that twenty percent off is more than enough for me! Just threw me for a loop because I saw some of my games still at 79.99 lol!

Lexxism

Yeah I'm not looking to argue, that twenty percent off is more than enough for me! Just threw me for a loop because I saw some of my games still at 79.99 lol!
Was the 79.99 from 2015 or 2016? All of my 2016 pre-order were 63.99 (55.99 for FF12) and I already cancelled pretty much all of it. Only Persona 5 and FF12 were left but I don't think I'll want to pay 63.99 for and 55.99 for those games

1337Sauce

Was the 79.99 from 2015 or 2016? All of my 2016 pre-order were 63.99 (55.99 for FF12) and I already cancelled pretty much all of it. Only Persona 5 and FF12 were left but I don't think I'll want to pay 63.99 for and 55.99 for those games

79.99 from 2016. Games like Days Gone, Tekken 7, Prey and Agents of Mayhem.

Gears ship already for anybody else? Got notice of shipping today from Amazon. Making me hopeful for a Friday delivery!
Yup all 3 copies I ordered got shipping notices today, though I haven't seen any motion on the CP tracker. (I have an order for me and two for friends to get in on the prime savings)

Lexxism

79.99 from 2016. Games like Days Gone, Tekken 7, Prey and Agents of Mayhem.
Ah, only few games were manually discounted. You can talk that to their CSR if you are planning to play those game day 1. They can manually adjust the price after they shipped it. Or I guess just cancel it and wait for any discount in 1-2 months.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mine still says it's shipping out on the 6th for standard edition, and I am praying that's the case.

kevin1025

Banned
You lucky son of a bi-

:x

Let us pray together to the holy Gods and we must make a sacrifice to moirai, we must sacrifice the bowels and blood of a goat �� to the eternal spirits! (so it actually ships on the 6th)

As long as it's not the goat from The Witch, I'm in!

Also, sorry if it's been mentioned before (I didn't see it, though), but Resident Evil VII and Persona 5, from my 17-18% E3 deal thing were price adjusted down to $63.99 out of nowhere. They were the only two in the order to have it. Anyone else have that happen?

I was just about to come in here asking about Gears shipping. My standard edition has a delivery date of "Oct 11" but it says it will ship "Oct 6"

Could it have something to do with Thanksgiving on Oct 10?

Could the game be....COMING EARLY?

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN

etta

my hard graphic balls
I was just about to come in here asking about Gears shipping. My standard edition has a delivery date of "Oct 11" but it says it will ship "Oct 6"

Could it have something to do with Thanksgiving on Oct 10?

Could the game be....COMING EARLY?

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN
I got two day delivery so if it ships on the 6th I get it on the 7th, same as Ultimate edition...
I will celebrate so fucking hard if that happens.

farisr

As long as it's not the goat from The Witch, I'm in!

Also, sorry if it's been mentioned before (I didn't see it, though), but Resident Evil VII and Persona 5, from my 17-18% E3 deal thing were price adjusted down to $63.99 out of nowhere. They were the only two in the order to have it. Anyone else have that happen?
Did you get Prime, because I think it's a prime adjustment that they basically applied directly onto the price of the game. I tallied up the non-discounted games and the E3 20% off amount shown in the order details lines up with that now. Also, I had more games aside from those two adjusted.

Persona 5
Resident Evil 7
COD: Infinite Warfare
South Park Fractured But Whole
Steep
Gravity Rush 2
Hitman Standard edition

there's about 9 others that didn't get adjusted yet.

I got two day delivery so if it ships on the 6th I get it on the 7th, same as Ultimate edition...
Yeah, my ship date shows 6th, so I hope it arrives by the 7th, as games usually arrive the next day for me after they're shipped. Would be awesome if I can do a Gears co-op session this weekend.

kevin1025

Banned
Did you get Prime, because I think it's a prime adjustment that they basically applied directly onto the price of the game. I tallied up the non-discounted games and the E3 20% off amount shown in the order details lines up with that now. Also, I had more games aside from those two adjusted.

Persona 5
Resident Evil 7
COD: Infinite Warfare
South Park Fractured But Whole
Steep
Gravity Rush 2
Hitman Standard edition

there's about 9 others that didn't get adjusted yet.

Yeah, my ship date shows 6th, so I hope it arrives by the 7th, as games usually arrive the next day for me after they're shipped. Would be awesome if I can do a Gears co-op session this weekend.

I had Prime at the time, but I didn't when the 20% for all pre-orders went into effect. My Gravity Rush 2 is showing its regular price still, and South Park I have a 30% discount on from last E3. Maybe it's slowly updating and GR2 will be next for me!

But yeah, adding it up, it looks like they just dropped the discount on those two (RE7 and Persona) and made them that price, while the rest remain with their wonky 18% discount. I'm probably going to get Prime next month and update everything from this E3 to the new system, since it'll be more reliable then and actually 20%.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've got both Gears and the NXT Edition of 2k17 scheduled to ship on the 6th which also have them arrive on the 7th. Here's hoping :D

My gears is also shipping on the 6th but I still expect to get it on tuesday if they ship it with canada post.

I'd rather splash blood than paint this weekend.

flkraven

For some reason Rainbow Six Siege is $25 on sale XB1 store in Canada but $30 in the US. Likewise the gold version w/ season pass is $40 Canadian but like $55 US. Weird.

I was without a TV for about a year, so now I'm trying to get caught up on ps4 games. Looking to pick up dark souls3, fallout 4, and uncharted 4 between now and Christmas.

I remember their being buy 2 get 1 deals around black friday last year (with target?). Anyone know if something like that is coming down the pipeline?

MesH

Mafia 3 shipped for me yesterday, with 2 day shipping from amazon. Cancelled Gears, not big on the MP with Battlefield and COD dropping soon, will wait till it is heavily discounted to play the campaign.

farisr

So used that PLAY 20% off coupon (last day to do so people, get on it if you haven't), in conjunction with the PSN cards that I got from best buy with that visa checkout deal. Didn't have much I wanted to purchase right now, but basically got Destiny The Collection for $51.20 of actual cash spent in the end. Not bad.

Eoyote

Neo Member
For those of you who who've had Gears 4 ship, did you order it during the 30% off promo last year? What did the final price come out to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom