• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the days of EB's trade 3, get 1 free deal, and when Blockbuster and Rogers Plus were still around. I used to get great mileage out of that.

I remember getting three games fully paid off for $100.

I would go to Blockbuster and Rogers Plus/Video and buy used games that qualified for ten to fifteen dollars, then trade them in.

Hell, I remember when EB had an old NHL game on for $1.52 used and $1.99 new. Blockbuster across the street was paying $10 for any used current gen game. I bought lots from EB, then PMed at Future Shop, and traded those in towards a DSi.

Those were the days.

I preferred Future Shop's/Best Buy's trade 1 or 2 and get 1 free. I wasn't going to get Pokemon Black 2 at launch, but I was able to get it just by trading in an old Professor Layton game, and I got that Professor Layton game by trading in LittleBigPlanet Vita I believe, and I got that game by trading in Lollipop Chainsaw or something that I got cheap. It was like getting free games.

I think Amazon is applying the new 20% off to my E3 preorders?

I preordered Breath of the Wild and Gravity Rush 2 during E3

In my cart, they're now showing up with a subtotal of $64. They then list "20%" being taken off (resulting in $55), and then tax leading to a new total of $64.

In comparison, I preordered Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata when the new Prime program was announced. In my cart, those games are given the $64 price (20% off of $80), but with tax come up with $72 as the end total.

Is this what others are experiencing?

Zelda/Gravity Rush
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
CDN$ 63.99
Shipping & Handling:
CDN$ 0.00
E3 20% Off:
-CDN$ 8.00
Total before tax:
CDN$ 55.99
Estimated GST/HST:
CDN$ 7.28
Estimated PST/RST/QST:
CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total:
CDN$ 63.27

Nier/Yakuza
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling:
CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings:
-CDN$ 16.00
Total before tax:
CDN$ 63.99
Estimated GST/HST:
CDN$ 8.32
Estimated PST/RST/QST:
CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total:
CDN$ 72.31

I preferred Future Shop's/Best Buy's trade 1 or 2 and get 1 free. I wasn't going to get Pokemon Black 2 at launch, but I was able to get it just by trading in an old Professor Layton game, and I got that Professor Layton game by trading in LittleBigPlanet Vita I believe, and I got that game by trading in Lollipop Chainsaw or something that I got cheap. It was like getting free games.

Yeah, I loved that promo too.

I remember I had my Mom trade something in for me while I shopped because we were in a rush. They had a deal on where you could trade 1 for DOOM 4: BFG Edition. I had a game I was surprised was on the list.

When she traded it in, the guy made a remark, because he said it was worth a dollar or less and he couldn't believe they'd accept it.

I also traded a couple of duds for Fallout: New Vegas UE, which saved me the cost of the DLC. I got to play the DLC, then traded that copy back in for more than I paid for it.

Their trade in processes were really slow, though.

orochi91

Apparently, I'm an Amazon Prime member.

Didn't realize they re-upped the trial subscription from my final year at university in 2015; got stealth charged $39 (+ tax), despite having disabled automatic renewal.

Persona 5 Steel Book Edition got discounted 20% ($63 now); will this 20% discount apply to my PS4 Pro pre-order as well?

Luigi87

Apparently, I'm an Amazon Prime member.

Didn't realize they re-upped the trial subscription from my final year at university in 2015; got stealth charged $39 (+ tax), despite having disabled automatic renewal.

Persona 5 Steel Book Edition got discounted 20% ($63 now); will this 20% discount apply to my PS4 Pro pre-order as well?

Unlikely. Generally the Prime discount is meant only for games, not systems or accessories.

orochi91

I'm digging these 20% discounts; it got me to pre-order FF12 HD and Digimon World: NO.
Unlikely. Generally the Prime discount is meant only for games, not systems or accessories.
That's unfortunate; I would have been over the moon if they allowed system discounts.

ohlawd

yeh Amazon gave me 20℅ off on Persona 5 SE and I ordered that way back. waiting on my discount for Pokemon Moon because that's the last game I'm getting from them before my sub expires

farisr

Holy fuck if it does this... Oh man. 40 bucks a year ain't so bad anyway... Right?
I'm not a student, but I was subscribng to Easy Allies on twitch anyways. Them giving out a free twitch sub with this means it's actually coming out to $20 for me, even at the full pricepoint.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So if Prime discounts for E3 games "just happen"... what about Prime shipping? Do you need to ask them to change that? I can't see an option looking at some of my orders.

If you already have a discount they don't add on the prime one
Oh is it an accident for most people?

Holy fuck if it does this... Oh man. 40 bucks a year ain't so bad anyway... Right?
Yeah, if you ordered a lot and can get it for 40 and it is retroactive, seems like a no brainer...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How can I see the invoice for each pre-ordered game? I can only see the amount of the whole order...
There's a way to view order details in the order page to show individually shipped orders, but it only shows invoices for games that they've charged and shipped.

Vinc

So I just contacted Amazon to clear up this prime situation. The chat representative was very clear: 2 promotional discounts cannot be applied at the time of the order, but even if you have a promotional discount from E3 and you subscribe to Prime, you WILL get an additional 20% off from Prime for all games that ship after September 15 and that were ordered in the past, as long as you're still subbed to prime while it ships. So I just subbed for a year of Prime for 90 bucks taxes in, and I'll save like 200 bucks on my games orders. That's a crazy, crazy good deal.

My orders didn't get auto-adjusted after I subbed, so I re-contacted them for clarification, they said it'll take 24 hours for it to adjust, or it'll adjust as they ship to make sure I'm still a prime subber. This is awesome stuff! He also reassured me that the promotions will stack for current existing orders, but won't in the future. So if they do a 20% off this E3, prime accounts won't get an extra 20% off, but for current orders, they will. (And there might be a special prime incentive at E3 this year if they choose to have it, but that's my own speculation)

BadHand

Does anyone have PS VR preordered with BB?

They have been really good in the past for release day delivery, but my order page says October 31st. Hopefully this is going to be adjusted next week.

khaaan

So I just contacted Amazon to clear up this prime situation. The chat representative was very clear: 2 promotional discounts cannot be applied at the time of the order, but even if you have a promotional discount from E3 and you subscribe to Prime, you WILL get an additional 20% off from Prime for all games that ship after September 15 and that were ordered in the past, as long as you're still subbed to prime while it ships. So I just subbed for a year of Prime for 90 bucks taxes in, and I'll save like 200 bucks on my games orders. That's a crazy, crazy good deal.

My orders didn't get auto-adjusted after I subbed, so I re-contacted them for clarification, they said it'll take 24 hours for it to adjust, or it'll adjust as they ship to make sure I'm still a prime subber. This is awesome stuff! He also reassured me that the promotions will stack for current existing orders, but won't in the future. So if they do a 20% off this E3, prime accounts won't get an extra 20% off, but for current orders, they will. (And there might be a special prime incentive at E3 this year if they choose to have it, but that's my own speculation)

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll definitely sign up
as a student
then.

Holy shit, I almost wish I was less conservative with my E3 preorders. This is great.

Yea, but I live right next to the GTA warehouse, all my items get delivered on the second day after shipping, regardless of whether I use free shipping or not.

Same thing happens to me, even though I live in Markham. I do have Prime, and i'm really hoping a miracle happens and it arrives on Friday.

But I must by cynical so that I'm not let down.

Yup, it's definitely coming on the 11th 8)

Grimsen

I'll believe it when I see it on my own orders. :p

i-Jest

So Prime membership 20% discount is stacking for E3 orders, and it's not some screw up in the system? I'm a student, I should probably do this since Yo-kai Watch 2 hasn't shipped yet, among others. My $49.96 FFXV order from this year, plus 20% off would be so delicious. I didn't think I could top my E3 FFXV order from 2014 but I might just be wrong.

That would be a good way to encourage a bunch of people to sign up now, wouldn't it?

I thought I would never get Prime, it's likely that I'll prove myself wrong now.

JSR_Cube

Does anyone have PS VR preordered with BB?

They have been really good in the past for release day delivery, but my order page says October 31st. Hopefully this is going to be adjusted next week.

Here's what mine says:

Release Date: October 13, 2016
Free delivery arrives as early as Oct 31.

Vinc

It's just bullshit coming from a random amazon rep, people need to stop thinking that everything they say is pure facts.

Well I subscribed to Prime off that bullshit, and Mafia III will likely ship tomorrow. If it doesn't happen, I have both transcripts from both agents telling me it will apply an ADDITIONAL 20% off before it ships, so yeah... if it doesn't work tomorrow, they'll hear from me and I'll demand a refund for Prime :)

Both reps were very clear. They can't stack discounts at the time of order, but if you have previously placed orders, they'll adjust regardless of the discounts at the time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Same thing happens to me, even though I live in Markham. I do have Prime, and i'm really hoping a miracle happens and it arrives on Friday.

But I must by cynical so that I'm not let down.

Yup, it's definitely coming on the 11th 8)

Yea we shouldn't get our hopes up, just in case.
But if we do get the 4 days early access with our standard edition, I will celebrate so fucking hard.

diaspora

So wait... that's the same guy I talked to... and he's telling you it won't apply to your E3 order? looooooooool. If Mafia III doesn't ship with the full discount, I'm def cancelling prime immediately.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'd be nice if it did, but I don't really care either way since I've been a Prime user for ages. Having the additional 20% applied to existing orders would be nice, but I'm hardly expecting it and having it year-round on all items is just gravy.

Mupod

I only got a notification for 20% off my Zelda preorder. If it ends up stacking it'll almost match my prehistoric Future Shop preorder. Hm...

Firestar

These customer service guys barely speak enough English to do basic tasks for your orders, theres no way you can trust that much information out of them. I looked at my E3 orders and every item that now offers the prime discount removed the E3 discount, so they are not stacking at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom