• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

N E R O

I just love this amazon 20% off of preorders prime deal.. justifiable..

I guess its time to switch back to Amazon as the main source for new releases vs BB ( which i still have some preorders left from the 30% E3 preorders deal las year )

FrsDvl

Yup, I'm on the Telus 100 MB too her ein Vancouver, and was none too pleased to see that it costs more than the Fibre (that I can't yet get)

For what it's worth, I called them and they gave me 10$ off on internet and $10 off on TV for 6 months, when I brought up the price difference.

i-Jest

I really need to decide whether to keep my Paper Mario Color Splash pre-order or not. It's released in a few days, and I'm not sure if it's worth the $74.99 (+ E3 discount) cost. It looks fun enough, and the reviews have generally been nice. However, it's a lot to pay for a game that's not a Limited/Collector's Edition. But then, Nintendo games rarely drop in-price...

Cancelled mine. I have enough to play and the discount just isn't deep enough to justify the purchase.

Do you have anything else in the timeframe you're interested in?

I'm in a similar boat at the moment but I'm thinking the Gunvolt 2-pack and maybe Shantae Half-Genie Hero will be more economical purchases at the time.

The tricky thing about Colour Splash is that IIRC it's the final first-party Wii U game (before Breath of the Wild) which might make it a collectors' item in the future, but at the same time it'll probably be available more cheaply during retailers' inevitable clearance of Wii U stock. That's going to be the best shot to get Wii U games for cheap pretty much ever.

Yeah, I was thinking about games and accessories being cheaper soon, now that the console is at the end of its lifespan. I need more pro controllers. I doubt I'll find any retailer carrying the Smash edition GameCube controller or adapter, once clearance starts. I'll probably double dip with digital purchases of games I already have, just to save on laser life.

Any place in Toronto still selling Wii Shop points, or is it cheaper to pay by CC on Wii Shop Channel?

etta

my hard graphic balls
BOOOOO Amazon you said you'd ship Gears 4 on the 6th and you ain't done jack yet!!11!

Jk.

I do hope it ships out in the next 6-7 hours.

Pls.

Anybody have any recommendations on good credit cards? After looking for a bit my current ones cash back rewards are lacking (0.50% on everything and 1% on gas and groceries).

Recommendations for best cash back value with no fee? I'm looking at the Costco one and the BMO one and am wondering if there's another out there that's better.

NYR

Just got my copy of Gears 4 from Amazon Prime. Earliest I've ever got a game.

How reliable is the prime 2 days shipping on game with prime ?
I've been thinking about getting it .
See Above. :)

It is perfect, always get release day delivery on new
games.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Anybody have any recommendations on good credit cards? After looking for a bit my current ones cash back rewards are lacking (0.50% on everything and 1% on gas and groceries).

Recommendations for best cash back value with no fee? I'm looking at the Costco one and the BMO one and am wondering if there's another out there that's better.

If I remember correctly, the Tangerine MasterCard is one of the better options for cash back.

The Amazon (Chase) Visa is another possible option, but you don't get as high a percentage for cash back.

ys45

Thanks guys I think I will sub to prime the 20% is not that much but the fact that I can get games on release date or real close without paying extra is a huge plus for me.

And I always end up ordering like 10 + games on amazon each year .

Thanks guys I think I will sub to prime the 20% is not that much but the fact that I can get games on release date or real close without paying extra is a huge plus for me.

And I always end up ordering like 10 + games on amazon each year .

I also find it gives you more bargaining power with the amazon support reps should something go wrong and you need to contact them.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They keep assuring and promising me that it will ship today, but we'll see. The fact that it's not even "preparing for shipment" doesn't leave me too hopeful.
Yea, mine said they will leave a note for high priority. I don't want to contact them TOO often about this, I think 57 times might have sufficed xD

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait actually, thinking about this, doesn't Prime also do shipping on non-business days? Meaning that even if it doesn't ship today but ships tomorrow, we should still get it on Saturday and enjoy 3/4 of the Ultimate's early access?
Haven't you read the review thread?

It's at 85 on MC so it's ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

We should have listened xviper.
Oh xviper thou holy prophet, messenger of the divine, hear thee and let thy tongue be law.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Amazon.CA Prime Subscription Deal?

I just signed up for Amazon Prime Student version using my university alumni email address (although it doesn't identify it as an alumni email address) to get the six-month trial. Got the activation/confirmation email and everything. So I'm pretty confident I'll be getting the reduced Prime rate after the trial period is over.

Could be worthwhile trying yourselves if you want to save on the Prime subscription fee. Don't even need to create a new account with your "student" email address; just need to give them the "student" email address when filling out the online form after logging into your account with your usual email address.

How reliable is the prime 2 days shipping on game with prime ?
I've been thinking about getting it .

I live in PEI and I usually always get releases on release day or earlier. With the exception of Friday releases. They never seem to arrive on time.

Lexxism

Fido mastercard. 1.5% everywhere, no annual fee and can request a statement credit at the end of the year.

imBask

Banned
I realized i'm still using my old student credit card with no cashbacks or perks, I could upgrade to something better

The Amazon one looks cool since I shop on Amazon a lot... I have to call my bank though because I have no idea how any of this works, i'm really bad with finances

BadWolf

Been using the Amazon card for a while now.

The Amazon one looks cool since I shop on Amazon a lot... I have to call my bank though because I have no idea how any of this works, i'm really bad with finances.

You just apply for it online on the amazon .ca website.

imBask

Banned
Been using the Amazon card for a while now.

You just apply for it online on the amazon .ca website.

yeah but like... how do I pay it? i'm that bad. My student card was setup like 10 years ago so I don't exactly remember how any of it went

and do I have to call them to cancel my current card if I change? lol

FINANCES ARE HARD MAN. we should just trade rocks back and forth that'd be easier

BadWolf

yeah but like... how do I pay it? i'm that bad. My student card was setup like 10 years ago so I don't exactly remember how any of it went

and do I have to call them to cancel my current card if I change? lol

FINANCES ARE HARD MAN. we should just trade rocks back and forth that'd be easier

Use online banking and pay online or take the invoice to your bank and pay in person (pretty much like any other invoice). You can check your card balance online or on the paper bill they send you each month.

You probably want to keep your current card around since you seem to have had it for very long and likely have a lot of credit history connected with it. No need to cancel it when getting another.

SickBoy

Haven't you read the review thread?

It's at 85 on MC so it's ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Really? Wow. I was looking at that thread this morning, mainly to get a sense of how it scored and if there was an indication of campaign length. Didn't get into the goofiness. I think 85 is a really good score, especially for a shooter, and maybe even more for a shooter like Gears, which is often treated as a meat-headed bro-fest deserving of eye-rolls.

imBask

Banned
Use online banking and pay online or take the invoice to your bank and pay in person (pretty much like any other invoice). You can check your card balance online or on the paper bill they send you each month.

You probably want to keep your current card around since you seem to have had it for very long and likely have a lot of credit history connected with it. No need to cancel it when getting another.

but like, let's say with the Amazon card, you check your balance on amazon or something?

also what's preventing me from taking the card with the $20 gift card and canceling it a month from now?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amazon.CA Prime Subscription Deal?

I just signed up for Amazon Prime Student version using my university alumni email address (although it doesn't identify it as an alumni email address) to get the six-month trial. Got the activation/confirmation email and everything. So I'm pretty confident I'll be getting the reduced Prime rate after the trial period is over.

Could be worthwhile trying yourselves if you want to save on the Prime subscription fee. Don't even need to create a new account with your "student" email address; just need to give them the "student" email address when filling out the online form after logging into your account with your usual email address.
Apparently they do check. My friend who has American Prime said that they asked for a copy of his timetable to prove his eligibility one year. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom