• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also +1 for damaged TPHD shipped in a bubble envelope from BB.

Damn, all this talk about TPHD damaged stuff irks the shit out of me.

That said, uhh, I think I've got a one up on people.

From Best Buy, for my TPHD order...I got an empty box. My Twilight Princess just isn't even IN the damn thing. Just some packing paper.

Gonna have to give them a call in the morning.

Sora_N

Damn, all this talk about TPHD damaged stuff irks the shit out of me.

That said, uhh, I think I've got a one up on people.

From Best Buy, for my TPHD order...I got an empty box. My Twilight Princess just isn't even IN the damn thing. Just some packing paper.

Gonna have to give them a call in the morning.

It got so damaged they were scared to put it in the box.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Future Shop closed down less than one year ago...
But...

L0lnuLT.png

Sora_N

Does Best Buy have a bad reputation for shipping? I have Bravely Second CE order, I don't want it damaged beyond belief.

They used to ship Amiibo in bubble envelopes too (I never got it like that though) until everyone complained.

I have no idea why they didn't have some sense and ship the Zelda game in a box though.

Good thing I'm returning the copies anyways.

Enilced2

Okay so I was looking around Best Buy to see if Tokyo Mirage Sessions was up for pre order and if they had updated the old SMTxFE listing into Tokyo Mirage Sessions and found this forum post.

Certain pages on our site might have the original release info on it while we wait for our vendor's to update the information, any pre-orders for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will transfer when the page updates to reflect the updated info "Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE". We're hoping to have everything up to date on our end this week.

As for Project Guard, I checked with our video game team, since Project Guard and Star Fox have merged, Project Guard technically doesn't exist any longer, all pre-orders will be cancelled for this game in the coming weeks. We will offer customers the opportunity to pre-order Star Fox in its place.

Anyone who pre-ordered Project Guard can expect to see an update to their order soon.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Hopefully it isn't too much of hassle for people who had Project Guard pre orders

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any hot deals? I'll even buy some
amiibo
on sale if I have to.

jholmes

Okay so I was looking around Best Buy to see if Tokyo Mirage Sessions was up for pre order and if they had updated the old SMTxFE listing into Tokyo Mirage Sessions and found this forum post.

Hopefully it isn't too much of hassle for people who had Project Guard pre orders

Bah! I was hoping that'd get turned into a StarFox pre-order.

Tik-Tok

Just got my copy of The Division from Futureshop after 3 years of constant e-mails about its progress. It really is the end of a era.

That's my last futureshop disc. Given the price of games and the price I pre-ordered it for I think I'm just gonna list it on Kijiji and make a couple bucks.

kswiston

Do Amazon.com Wii U eshop game codes work on Canadian systems?

If the exchange rates hold up, buying an American code for Pikmin 3 would be be about $3 cheaper than getting it off the Canadian store (plus no tax). Assuming Amazon updates their prices.

Zeeman

If the exchange rates hold up, buying an American code for Pikmin 3 would be be about $3 cheaper than getting it off the Canadian store (plus no tax). Assuming Amazon updates their prices.
Game codes work, Eshop credit doesn't.

terrible

Banned
Ugh that's such a good deal, I just don't know if I want to settle for 1 TB, if I'm upgrading I want to go big.

Considering how quickly I filled up 500GB I'm not even sure 2TB is enough for me let alone 1TB. I'm always at the max and I barely have any of my games installed.

Tapejara

Ugh that's such a good deal, I just don't know if I want to settle for 1 TB, if I'm upgrading I want to go big.

Considering how quickly I filled up 500GB I'm not even sure 2TB is enough for me let alone 1TB. I'm always at the max and I barely have any of my games installed.

2TB can fill up fast if you buy a lot of games (mine is pretty much full, plus I have to leave roughly 100GB free because I'm affected by the download glitch), but after I while I kind of realized I had a bunch of games I wasn't ever going to play again taking up space and just deleted them. Still would be nice to have external HDD support...

In any case what I'm saying is 1TB isn't enough, 2TB is a good amount of space that still needs to be managed, but it gives you a lot more breathing room. So yeah, if you're upgrading don't even bother with 1TB.

terrible

Banned
2TB can fill up fast if you buy a lot of games (mine is pretty much full, plus I have to leave roughly 100GB free because I'm affected by the download glitch), but after I while I kind of realized I had a bunch of games I wasn't ever going to play again taking up space and just deleted them. Still would be nice to have external HDD support...

In any case what I'm saying is 1TB isn't enough, 2TB is a good amount of space that still needs to be managed, but it gives you a lot more breathing room. So yeah, if you're upgrading don't even bother with 1TB.

What is the glitch you speak of? I think I probably have it.

I needed to have 110GB of free space to install the recent Black Ops III patch lol. That's pretty hard to do when you have a 500GB hard drive.

This is so random, but has anyone who pre-ordered Battleborn from Amazon receiving daily e-mails that they don't know the release date for the game?

I've gotten atleast 20 so far... real annoying...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

What dollar amounts are you working with here? The reprint releases in a few days for $30.

the first DVD for copy of the division has scratches on it! :\ It looks like it came from a couple of indents on the plastic that was holding the disc in place. not too happy about that.

edit: this was the pc version btw. it has 5 dvds inside the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom