• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

But Cloverfield isn't out until next week. It's not playing anywhere right now.

It comes out the 10/11 and there's showings on that Thursday for theatres say an hour from me. I contacted Cineplex VIA Twitter and they said if there aren't showings now then it means it won't be coming.

Parapraxis

What's a cheap price for a 1TB External nowadays?

I got this from Amazon in November (amazing deal, should have bought 2!)
NYcTnAE.png

terrible

Banned
The Thrustmaster T300RS racing wheel (PC, PS3, PS4) is on sale for $350 at Best Buy and Amazon right now. That's the cheapest it's been on Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.ca. Pretty solid deal for anyone looking for a wheel.

Banned
I can't believe the Wii U is still $329 over here. I want to pick one up since I missed the last years worth or games, from Splatoon all the way up to TPHD.

This thing should be $199 USD.

I can't believe the Wii U is still $329 over here. I want to pick one up since I missed the last years worth or games, from Splatoon all the way up to TPHD.

199$ USD is 270$ cad, pretty close to 330$, since it comes with 1-2 games!

The guy selling his Pokemon N3DS for $350 still hasn't sold it. That's kind of justice in a way.

EB hasn't called me, so I guess they've yet to sell the one I have on hold. Can pick it up tomorrow if it's still there.

Don't need it, but want it.

I ordered The Division from Futureshop when it was announced at E3, I wonder what pre-order bonus I will get (if any)

I also can't believe how many games I still have in my FS orders lol

I ordered The Division from Futureshop when it was announced at E3, I wonder what pre-order bonus I will get (if any)

I also can't believe how many games I still have in my FS orders lol

You might get that pin since its a best buy preorder now.

I really hope amazon ships my copy tonight or tomorrow morning.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah I'm honestly surprised. I live in Ottawa and my theater is has like 8 auditoriums or whatever.

Which theatre isn't showing it in Ottawa? When I checked the times for Thursday a good chunk of places are having it for Thursday night showings. Cineplex is usually pretty good at having all the big releases.

Maybe it has to do with the way it was announced and they never booked any screens for when they were still calling it "Valencia" when doing out schedules. Plus I find that Cineplex updates next week's schedule Monday night/Tuesday morning, so it could still show up!

PM me. I've been (inactively) looking to sell mine, white with 320GB HDD, was thinking posting online this Spring for all. Happy to sell to a GAFfer in Toronto.

Elitist1945

Which theatre isn't showing it in Ottawa? When I checked the times for Thursday a good chunk of places are having it for Thursday night showings. Cineplex is usually pretty good at having all the big releases.

Maybe it has to do with the way it was announced and they never booked any screens for when they were still calling it "Valencia" when doing out schedules. Plus I find that Cineplex updates next week's schedule Monday night/Tuesday morning, so it could still show up!

The one on Carling Ave, Coliseum. I hope a showing does show up because I really wanna see this haha.

kevin1025

Banned
The one on Carling Ave, Coliseum. I hope a showing does show up because I really wanna see this haha.

I know how you feel, haha, I'm excited for it too. They'll almost definitely have it there, that location is usually good at having everything! The schedule will pop up on Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken. If not, a little bit of a trek to Landmark in Kanata has a bunch set up for Friday, along with two IMAX and one regular on Thursday night!

A few days ago late at around 2-3am, i decided to browse the clearance section of bestbuy.ca. ended up picking up:

Splatterhouse (PS3) for 9.99
Stranglehold (PS3) for 4.99
Neverdead (360) for 4.99
Singularity (360) for 4.99

and a mechanical pencil so the order could qualify for free shipping. lol

FrsDvl

Anyone know if Amazon.ca is having supply issues with The Divsion, since .com is apparently having big supply issues.

Tapejara

Godzilla PS4 is on clearance for $14.97 at Best Buy. Despite the game's shortcomings it's a lot of fun if you're a Godzilla fan. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=90131af8b773c0e53837f497511928c8en02

A few days ago late at around 2-3am, i decided to browse the clearance section of bestbuy.ca. ended up picking up:

Splatterhouse (PS3) for 9.99
Stranglehold (PS3) for 4.99
Neverdead (360) for 4.99
Singularity (360) for 4.99

and a mechanical pencil so the order could qualify for free shipping. lol

You did good. Singularity is amazing and I really enjoyed NeverDead.

killroy87

Anyone know if Amazon.ca is having supply issues with The Divsion, since .com is apparently having big supply issues.

Can't speak for Amazon, but EB (physical store) called me and said they won't be getting hard copies of the Gold Edition which I pre-ordered, and instead will give me the game and a DLC code for the season pass. Dame difference, but I thought it was interesting. The Gold Edition is currently unavailable on Amazon now too, which is odd. Seems like a weird thing to put supply constraints on .

FrsDvl

oh lord, i hope they don't cancel orders.

this is just me thinking worst case and all.

I don't think they would, lol.

Anyway, i talked to a CSR and he said mine has shipped already apparently, i was never charged, or got a shipping notification though. But i'm sure that'll happen tomorrow.

And there don't seem to be any issues with supply in Canada.

I don't think they would, lol.

Anyway, i talked to a CSR and he said mine has shipped already apparently, i was never charged, or got a shipping notification though. But i'm sure that'll happen tomorrow.

And there don't seem to be any issues with supply in Canada.

did you order the regular version or the gold edition?

i ordered the gold for PC

so here's the relevant blurb from my conversation when i asked if there were was any truth to the supply issues with regards to my order:

I agree that we have inventory issues with this item but it is for the orders who will placed now and it does not affect on the orders that are placed already.
Please do not worry,you will receive the order as scheduled.
TO avoid any delays,I have upgraded the shipping speed to 1 day at no extra charge and you can see the same on your order page.

so i guess there are supply issues with gold editions of the game. I'm not sure what she meant by orders that were placed now, since all the gold editions are OOS atm.

It sucks that there isn't a digital option available for us on amazon.ca.

FrsDvl

i ordered the gold for PC

so here's the relevant blurb from my conversation when i asked if there were was any truth to the supply issues with regards to my order:

so i guess there are supply issues with gold editions of the game. I'm not sure what she meant by orders that were placed now, since all the gold editions are OOS atm.

It sucks that there isn't a digital option available for us on amazon.ca.

Hope they aren't going to end up screwing up there, I've been told before that i would get a game on release, that there weren't supply issues ( guitar hero live ). and then the day of release i got an email saying that they didn't have enough stock to fufill my order at the time.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I find it hard to believe my copy has shipped as is, since there is no charge, or shipping notification whatsoever for me. Amazon CSR isn't very up to date with what's going on in their warehouses unfortunately.

Very YMMV but Walmart has dropped prices on splinter cell blacklist and assassins creed iv black flag collectors edition to $40 if they have any left . Just picked up blacklist, was originally 160.

Fularu

Banned
I would say this is Shipping-GAF Lite at best. i mean, it's just me and FrsDvl talking about it. lol

Besides, in this case, I have no problem with getting it shipped late. I just hoping they actually send me a copy of the game I ordered.

Has Amazon ever failed to deliver a game? Never happened to me

Anyone got a confirmation from FS for division? I got charged on the 3rd but didn't receive any email :( hoping for a surprise arrival tomorrow!

FadgewackeR

Neo Member
Without wanting to go over a shed load of old ground, my question is this...

I'm in the UK and my main account is based there but I pre order from the Canada to take account of the Canada savings vs GBP... When will my Division pre-order be available to play on my UK account?

My PS4 is the primary console for all my accounts and the countdown timer suggest 5am GMT (so EST), but is contradicted by another countdown timer in the options tab for my app, which shows some erroneous characters.

Anybody got any experience of pre ordering from Canada and go-live times in the UK?

FyreWulff

I really miss Tsilon. A friend and I got really into the challenges on the site, and I still have some fond memories of them. At one point, I remember calling someone up for the first time in a decade to see if they still had my PSX memory card with my SOTN save. Good times!

:)

Weird, unless it was some super rare edition of a game it shouldn't happen.

Screenshot_2016-03-04-07-11-02_zpstvrphu36.png

For the record. I only had one copy on order and in the end this turned out to be a mistake on amazon's part. But it does confirm shortages and does confirm that they are cancelling orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom