• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Screenshot_2016-03-04-07-11-02_zpstvrphu36.png

For the record. I only had one copy on order and in the end this turned out to be a mistake on amazon's part. But it does confirm shortages and does confirm that they are cancelling orders.

Yeah, they cancelled mine. I am really irritated by this, but I'm not sure what I can do about it. :(

Edit: I also only had one copy ordered, they essentially said they ran out.

kevin1025

Banned
That's really not cool about the Gold edition. The regular just shipped for me (Amazon, PS4), so it's looking like there isn't shortages for that version.

That's really not cool about the Gold edition. The regular just shipped for me (Amazon, PS4), so it's looking like there isn't shortages for that version.

It's a weird thing to have a stock shortage on. It's not like it comes with something extra like a statue they produced. It's just digital codes isn't it? Maybe ubi is planning on pulling a bethesda and jacking up the price of the season pass.

zorbsie

Any deals on Disney Infinity 3.0? With Boba Fett releasing to everyone next week I'm getting the itch to pick this up, but not for $75.

kevin1025

Banned
It's a weird thing to have a stock shortage on. It's not like it comes with something extra like a statue they produced. It's just digital codes isn't it? Maybe ubi is planning on pulling a bethesda and jacking up the price of the season pass.

It does look to be digital codes, yeah. It could be that they didn't expect the Gold version to sell as much, but given the excitement for the game they should at least have a good chunk of copies ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they hike up the price on the season pass, since it's a few months before the first expansion and the other two have nebulous time frames.

No_Style

Any deals on Disney Infinity 3.0? With Boba Fett releasing to everyone next week I'm getting the itch to pick this up, but not for $75.

The Starter Pack? It goes on sale on a monthly basis. It was on sale last month for the week of Feb 5 - 11 for $59.99 @ BestBuy. If patterns hold true, I expect it to go on sale within the next two weeks.

whitehawk

Banned
I really miss Tsilon. A friend and I got really into the challenges on the site, and I still have some fond memories of them. At one point, I remember calling someone up for the first time in a decade to see if they still had my PSX memory card with my SOTN save. Good times!
tsilon was the bomb. Loved going to the site, and got a lot of stuff out of it

- Free Turtlebeach headphones
- 3DS for $100 (years ago when it was still pretty new)
- Free SSX at launch
- Gravity Rush at launch for $20
- Resistance fall of man free at launch

Insane how much free stuff I got. Other people probably scored more than me too.

frequency

Besides the rewards, tsilon was just fun. I liked the community we had here around it. The questions were fun to research for answers (although we shared the answers in the thread, I personally just used that as verification).

It also got me to replay games, which I rarely do, or start games in my backlog. Those challenges for trophies/achievements or taking a picture of your TV of something you had to do were fun too.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I do have a standard version coming from Best Buy (which, hilariously (not really) they screwed up the address on). I guess I'll just buy the Season Pass separately? Can I "pre-order" that?

terrible

Banned
When Sony said "You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 8th" they really meant it. I thought they'd have given us our $15 for spending $100 by now but I guess they're waiting until the last minute.

Wedge7

When Sony said "You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 8th" they really meant it. I thought they'd have given us our $15 for spending $100 by now but I guess they're waiting until the last minute.

Lol right, I actually forgot about that. Guess they were literally talking about that date. That $150 PSN wallet limit is so annoying, I forgot about it initially and tried to buy a few extra on that Toys R Us deal, now I gotta clear off about $15 worth so that I can actually put it in the wallet.

Im hoping it has install DVDs in the case. I did read that it somewhere along the lines of 5 DVD s for the pc version, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Starter Pack? It goes on sale on a monthly basis. It was on sale last month for the week of Feb 5 - 11 for $59.99 @ BestBuy. If patterns hold true, I expect it to go on sale within the next two weeks.
Easter is in three weeks so there'll for sure be another online sale.

No_Style

Can't seem to check my FutureShop order status via any website anymore. Everything redirects to BestBuy.ca's homepage. I guess contacting them is the only way to go now? RIP FutureShop

khaaan

Any sites got bravely default? Can't seem to find it on best buy, otherwise I would have to buy it off a Amazon third party seller

I took a quick look and couldn't find any either...surprised to see it isn't even listed most places (Best Buy, Walmart, EB, Toys R Us). VGP has a copy but it's the same price as the Amazon third party seller. They also have a bundle for Bravely Default + Bravely Second for $99.

zorbsie

What platform? Do you have a portal already? What playsets do you want?
Looking for the Xbox One version. I have a portal from DI2 on the same system.

That's what I thought. I will keep an eye out for it. Might go out and get Boba Fett just incase he becomes hard to find/get.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

evilenger

Has anyone received a shipping notification for The Division from their Futureshop order?

Nope nothing yet. I also don't even see the Future Shop Order in my order history when logged into Best Buy site. I sent them an email inquiry and might call later tonight when I get home from work to see what's up.

Maddog

Looking for the Xbox One version. I have a portal from DI2 on the same system.

DI3 digital version has recently been going on sale for around $15-20 and then you can just buy the playsets you want. That might be your best option if you already have a portal.

soultron

Banned
Anyone know of good deals on 64GB+ USB thumb drives right now? Looking to get one for my parents as a photo storage backup, in addition to their external HDD.

zorbsie

DI3 digital version has recently been going on sale for around $15-20 and then you can just buy the playsets you want. That might be your best option if you already have a portal.

I wanted to go this route, but currently digital version is $30. Playsets are $35. So the price is the same as buying the starter kit, only good thing is I don't have to swap a disc to play the game. I know the digital version went on sale a while ago, not sure what the chances are for it to go back on sale. Waiting for a starter pack to go on sale might be my best option now.

FrsDvl

Interesting, Amazon shipped The Divsion just now from Mississauga rather than Richmond, or Calgary. Still supposed to be here tomorrow, so it's all good regardless. First time they shipped me something all the way from over there though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, so I guess if anyone cares at all about Rock Band, now is the time to buy the instruments since Harmonix is ditching Madcatz for PDP. I wonder what happens to any bundles (I've never actually seen one in store).

kinger

Interesting, Amazon shipped The Divsion just now from Mississauga rather than Richmond, or Calgary. Still supposed to be here tomorrow, so it's all good regardless. First time they shipped me something all the way from over there though.
Based on what people have said in the past, I kind of assume that initial shipments are concentrated at one warehouse, and thus preordered games are sent from the initial warehouse that received the shipment rather than being dependent on where the customer is located.
How do you even ship a box that big in an envelope...
It's one of those big bubble wrap-lined thin tyvec envelopes that really don't protect anything.

Also +1 for damaged TPHD shipped in a bubble envelope from BB.

Jinto

Lol best buy are assholes. They shipped both Zelda in envelopes. Wtf.

Amazon used a box.

Yeah, I figured I was safe, since I had 2 coming. Didn't think they would try to put both of them in one envelope. I was wrong. Fortunately, only one of them was really damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom