• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They're $20 in the states. A 50% difference because of.... reasons?

20 USD = 26 CAD

$4 markup for dual language covers and manuals. You can thank Quebec for that one. Game prices would be so much cheaper otherwise.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
20 USD = 26 CAD

$4 markup for dual language covers and manuals. You can thank Quebec for that one. Game prices would be so much cheaper otherwise.

???

Do you have a source for that number? And why is it applied now after years and years of bilingual covers and price parity with the US?

F4r0_Atak

20 USD = 26 CAD

$4 markup for dual language covers and manuals.[/B] You can thank Quebec for that one. Game prices would be so much cheaper otherwise.

You do realize that the 4$ extra has nothing to do with dual language covers. It doesn't make much of a difference to also print a french translation of the text. Also, we haven't had manuals in quite some time now (almost 3 years now if not more). The 4$ is due to the import fee on video games when they come from US.

p.s. Forgot to add that depending on the CAD value, they sometime decide to take the loss on those import fees when they sell it in Canada. Remember the 59.99$CAD and 59.99$US games in 2012?

13randO

Did anybody get their $15 credit from PSN from last week(from the spend 100, get 15 back deal)? I've gotten no indication of getting the 15 back yet.

ohlawd

???

Do you have a source for that number? And why is it applied now after years and years of bilingual covers and price parity with the US?

You do realize that the 4$ extra has nothing to do with dual language covers. It doesn't make much of a difference to also print a french translation of the text. Also, we haven't had manuals in quite some time now (almost 3 years now if not more). The 4$ is due to the import fee on video games when they come from US.

p.s. Forgot to add that depending on the CAD value, they sometime decide to take the loss on those import fees when they sell it in Canada. Remember the 59.99$CAD and 59.99$US games in 2012?

you guys are like fish

because you fell for it hook, line and sinker

F4r0_Atak

you guys are like fish

because you fell for it hook, line and sinker

What do you mean?

367c0d7f418bd9c1bc66f1139c6be077.jpg

Fularu

Banned
the first DVD for copy of the division has scratches on it! :\ It looks like it came from a couple of indents on the plastic that was holding the disc in place. not too happy about that.

edit: this was the pc version btw. it has 5 dvds inside the case

Since it's a code tied to your uplay account, can't you like.. just download the game off Ubi's servers?

Since it's a code tied to your uplay account, can't you like.. just download the game off Ubi's servers?

it saves me not having to download 30+ GB when my internet is capped. After installation the patch was the only thing i needed and that was just over 1GB.

Maximus.

Does Best Buy have a bad reputation for shipping? I have Bravely Second CE order, I don't want it damaged beyond belief.

No they don't. I have bought a ton of shit from them and never was disappointed with what I received. The worst was one box once had a dented corner, but I didn't keep the box anyways. I think there are either some really hardcore collectors here, OCD people or just general complainers.

Sora_N

No they don't. I have bought a ton of shit from them and never was disappointed with what I received. The worst was one box once had a dented corner, but I didn't keep the box anyways. I think there are either some really hardcore collectors here, OCD people or just general complainers.

Well they shipped a game that's packaged in a cardboard box in a bubble envelope that is 95% going to damage the packaging. Would it be wrong to be annoyed? The retail price is $79.99 for the game. I would expect it to be shipped in a box.

Any deals on Dual Shock 4s these days? Buttons are sticking, there's a constant drift/input error on the left stick and rubber deteriorated long ago.

What a shit controller...this will be the first time in my 20+ years of gaming that I'll need a new controller due to terrible build quality. I've barely even used it.

23qwerty

Any deals on Dual Shock 4s these days? Buttons are sticking, there's a constant drift/input error on the left stick and rubber deteriorated long ago.

What a shit controller...this will be the first time in my 20+ years of gaming that I'll need a new controller due to shitty build quality.

Could look into just replacing the sticks and cleaning the buttons

What a shit controller...this will be the first time in my 20+ years of gaming that I'll need a new controller due to shitty build quality.

you are lucky, im on my 5th ds3 controller,

and on my 3rd wiiu pro controller

on 2nd ds4

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's the go-to place for Xbox Gold subscription nowadays? Since CDKeys are charging more for it than it should cost...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

What a shit controller...this will be the first time in my 20+ years of gaming that I'll need a new controller due to terrible build quality. I've barely even used it.

$61 @ amazon

Sora_N

I changed my sticks to Xbone ones and they've been amazing for a year. :)

Sora_N

Wtf? Do you dip your controllers in Doritos cheese? Do you toss your controllers in anger when losing?

I only had two controllers break on me in my life

One of the SNES turbo ones broke because when I was a kid I got really bad nosebleeds and one time I was nosebleeding and some got in it lol.

I had a DS3 suddenly stop working too.

Wtf? Do you dip your controllers in Doritos cheese? Do you toss your controllers in anger when losing?

every ds3 besides 1 had to be replaced because of the analog sticks became too loose to use

only 1 broke due to my own fault

1st wiiu pro controller had to be replaced due to loose analogs

2nd left analog broke though i dont know why

1st ds4 analogs became too loose to use also the rubber was going too

13randO

every ds3 besides 1 had to be replaced because of the analog sticks became too loose to use

only 1 broke due to my own fault

1st wiiu pro controller had to be replaced due to loose analogs

2nd left analog broke though i dont know why

1st ds4 analogs became too loose to use also the rubber was going too

Seems like a case of anime fighting games.
:p

Ryde3

This is so random, but has anyone who pre-ordered Battleborn from Amazon receiving daily e-mails that they don't know the release date for the game?

I've gotten atleast 20 so far... real annoying...

I get them for Homefront (which I need to cancel) and Sea of Thieves... I got into a customer service chat and they can't even fix it.

Dazzler

A friend of mine threw his Xbox 360 controller into a river in a fit of rage after losing online in FIFA one time

Needless to say he had to buy a replacement

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't broken a controller, but I have two Xbox One controllers with stick drift, not subtle drift either.

Luckily Microsoft had that price error a while back so I have one good controller.

I've gone through what will be 4. I still have my original SNES controllers and all other originals since then from N64, PS2 etc.

They are absolute fucking trash. Seriously, fuck Sony.

I have one right now that's only 2 months old. I'm waiting to send it in because I have another one out being replaced at the moment and need something to play with.

The one I'm using, when I hold L2 on it, the left stick even if left untouched drifts to the left. Tried playing some Battlefront yesterday and every time I would aim my character would walk left.

Anyone had Amazon change the platform for a pre order and keep the E3 promo discount without a hassle?

I want to change my PS4 Overwatch to PC but not if I have to go through multiple chat reps just to get it done.

Ryde3

Anyone had Amazon change the platform for a pre order and keep the E3 promo discount without a hassle?

I want to change my PS4 Overwatch to PC but not if I have to go through multiple chat reps just to get it done.

I tried to do it for Dark Souls 3, but they don't have it for PC... they certainly seemed like they'd have no issues doing it though.

Looks like EB games will be doing pre orders for bravely second collectors edition pre orders tomorrow , numbers are allocated and seem to be pretty low for small stores at least .

Dot-N-Run

Any deals on PSTV? I want to use it to stream my PS4 games.

With the recent news of it being discontinued in North America, it is becoming harder and harder to find one at all, let alone get a good deal on one. I tried looking for one recently for a friend, but there were no stores at all in town that had any in stock. Finding one online was not much easier, Amazon is one of the few left that I found selling them new, and the prices have skyrocketed. I would say your best bet finding one for a decent price is Kijiji or someplace similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom