• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

With the recent news of it being discontinued in North America, it is becoming harder and harder to find one at all, let alone get a good deal on one. I tried looking for one recently for a friend, but there were no stores at all in town that had any in stock. Finding one online was not much easier, Amazon is one of the few left that I found selling them new, and the prices have skyrocketed. I would say your best bet finding one for a decent price is Kijiji or someplace similar.

I suppose it probably doesn't help, but there's also the option soon to stream it to a PC... I imagine with a laptop and an HDMI cable you might be set for game streaming.

zroid

Banned
If any of you collect airmiles, just a heads up: they'll start expiring at the end of the year. There's still time to use them but I didn't even realize that they had an expiry date. In case anyone else didn't know, airmiles announced back in 2011 that your miles will expire after 5 years, and this is the 5th year after they made that announcement.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...d-soon-expire/article29072125/?service=mobile
Wow thanks I had no idea. My parents hae a ton of Air Miles stockpiled, I don't think they knew either.

Picked up my N3DS Pokemon edition today. They held it a couple of extra days for me.

It turns out that one of the employees knew that the guy who pre-ordered it didn't want it before the other night, when I went in, but the manager didn't get that message.

Fularu

Banned
Anyone had Amazon change the platform for a pre order and keep the E3 promo discount without a hassle?

I want to change my PS4 Overwatch to PC but not if I have to go through multiple chat reps just to get it done.

If it's the regular edition you'll probably be fine if you're polite and try a few of them

If it's for the CE then you're out of luck, it's unavailable on PC.

Wow thanks I had no idea. My parents hae a ton of Air Miles stockpiled, I don't think they knew either.

Time to start using them on things that, let's face it, aren't worth the number of miles that you spent real money to get in the first place! I know I will! :D

Sora_N

Tapejara

Did anyone pre-order Stranger of Sword City on XB1? I didn't see the $10 discount when I pre-ordered; are we just not getting the discount in Canada or this an exchange rate thing?

SickBoy

I wish I wasn't stupid back when they changed them from "dream air miles" to "regular air miles". Can't use them as cash :/

Yeah, I think my Dream Air Miles collecting days are over (which I'm sure is what they want). There was a time when I was doing quite a bit of shopping at Safeway and getting a couple of hundred bonus points a week... but those days are gone and Air Miles collecting is at a trickle lately.

Still, managed a flight last year using them and have enough for a short flight (1400 points-ish) again this year, so I guess it's not all bad. Sucks for anyone with just a few hundred.

Mupod

Uh, so I can't get at my old Future Shop preorders anymore, site redirects to Best Buy and the old FS orders aren't listed there. Still have Zelda and FExSMT 39.99 preorders from 2013 hanging on for dear life, but I've moved AGAIN and have no idea how to update my address with them. I was honestly shocked that they shipped 'Wii U X' and was hoping they'd just keep on trucking with the last two.

also I'm legit impressed they actually seem to have kept track of what 'SMT x Fire Emblem' turned into. Boxart is showing Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the preorder page for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U).

edit: looks like I gotta call them. I still wince when I think of what happened the last time I had to call in for these orders, that poor bastard actually gave up halfway through trying to pronounce 'Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem'

X-Factor

It was posted a few pages back by another poster that you have to do this:

must be logged out of bestbuy to see futureshop orders
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/profile/checkorderstatusfutureshop.aspx

it helped me out tracking my orders

Uh, so I can't get at my old Future Shop preorders anymore, site redirects to Best Buy and the old FS orders aren't listed there. Still have Zelda and FExSMT 39.99 preorders from 2013 hanging on for dear life, but I've moved AGAIN and have no idea how to update my address with them. I was honestly shocked that they shipped 'Wii U X' and was hoping they'd just keep on trucking with the last two.

also I'm legit impressed they actually seem to have kept track of what 'SMT x Fire Emblem' turned into. Boxart is showing Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the preorder page for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U).

edit: looks like I gotta call them. I still wince when I think of what happened the last time I had to call in for these orders, that poor bastard actually gave up halfway through trying to pronounce 'Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem'

jholmes

UFile screwed something up that I fixed myself, so I wound up getting a voucher for the online version that I don't need. If anyone still hasn't done their taxes and is interested, PM me and maybe we can work something out for it.

Iced

UFile screwed something up that I fixed myself, so I wound up getting a voucher for the online version that I don't need. If anyone still hasn't done their taxes and is interested, PM me and maybe we can work something out for it.

What did they screw up, if you don't mind me asking? I tried using that site last night but got stuck trying to enter HST I collected for my freelance work. There was no where for me to enter the value. Tried searching online and couldn't get a definitive answer, so I just paid the extra 2 bucks and did it on Turbo Tax's site.

jholmes

What did they screw up, if you don't mind me asking? I tried using that site last night but got stuck trying to enter HST I collected for my freelance work. There was no where for me to enter the value. Tried searching online and couldn't get a definitive answer, so I just paid the extra 2 bucks and did it on Turbo Tax's site.

Basically they don't support Vista anymore but they don't tell you this. The program itself works fine but you can't upload to the CRA. I suppose one could argue that I'm the one who screwed up, but they gave me the code at any rate.

Sora_N

I dunno, what are you thinking? I used them last year, wasn't sure if I would use them again this year.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If any of you collect airmiles, just a heads up: they'll start expiring at the end of the year. There's still time to use them but I didn't even realize that they had an expiry date. In case anyone else didn't know, airmiles announced back in 2011 that your miles will expire after 5 years, and this is the 5th year after they made that announcement.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...service=mobile
I remember doing this thing where I split between "cash" miles and "dream" miles. What can you actually do with the dream miles?

---

Also, anyone have any idea how to access US Netflix now? The service I used is now gone.

Ryde3

My buddy is looking to buy an Xbox One today... the best deals I saw were at the Microsoft Store.

400$ for a 1TB console + The Division
250$ for a 500GB console + Gears or Tomb Raider or Forza or Rare Replay.

Is there anything else going on right now? I recall someone posting a refurbished link not too long ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He's interested in COD but there doesn't seem to be any bundles right now.

ohlawd

Happening tomorrow at 1PM EST due to server issues it seems. Should be available in-stores.
goddammit. probably writing a quiz at that time

really banking on BB lowering the price and applying the discount then. didn't TPHD's discount only happen cuz people whined about it

For those of us that managed to order 'The Big Short' when Amazon.ca had pre-orders for under $5.00, my copy just shipped. So it doesn't look like they're canceling them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On a computer? ZenMate works for me. Don't use Hola.
Ended up buying Getflix since they are the only company actively trying to find workarounds for Netflix region locking. I know that Netflix has to pretend to do what they need to do, but man, Canadian Netflix is really gimped because of Shomi and whatever the other service is called.

Ended up buying Getflix since they are the only company actively trying to find workarounds for Netflix region locking. I know that Netflix has to pretend to do what they need to do, but man, Canadian Netflix is really gimped because of Shomi and whatever the other service is called.

Crave.

UnblockUS has been working for me without problems. I think they're also putting in the effort to keep regions unlocked.

snack

Try smarflix, it's free - for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom