• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryde3

Apparently they do check. My friend who has American Prime said that they asked for a copy of his timetable to prove his eligibility one year. But who knows.

I graduated almost 3 years ago, just used my student e-mail and haven't ever had to submit anything, and renew each year at 40$. Fingers crossed this never changes.

but like, let's say with the Amazon card, you check your balance on amazon or something?

also what's preventing me from taking the card with the $20 gift card and canceling it a month from now?

When you get your card in the mail, you'll sign up on the Chase website (they distribute the card). Then it just becomes any other online portal where you sign in and view your transactions, credit limit, balance, etc.

Applying and cancelling cards can affect your credit score. Don't overdo it.

imBask

Banned
https://www.chase.com/online/canada/canada-home-en.htm

They also send you a paper bill by mail each month.

No clue.

When you get your card in the mail, you'll sign up on the Chase website (they distribute the card). Then it just becomes any other online portal where you sign in and view your transactions, credit limit, balance, etc.

Applying and cancelling cards can affect your credit score. Don't overdo it.

that makes sense, sorta... Thanks!

so to recap I have to apply to every free credit card I can right?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I graduated almost 3 years ago, just used my student e-mail and haven't ever had to submit anything, and renew each year at 40$. Fingers crossed this never changes.
Amazon Student is 4 years max.

After you graduate or at the end of your fourth year of Amazon Student Prime benefits, whichever comes first, your subscription will automatically upgrade on its anniversary date into a full paid subscription for Amazon Prime (currently $79 a year).
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201552950

They don't know when you graduate so I don't know why they bother putting that part in.

Sweet!

IMG_2947_zpsyofekbyh.jpg

ohlawd

that makes sense, sorta... Thanks!

so to recap I have to apply to every free credit card I can right?
no way. not an expert but you shouldn't apply to a lot of cards in a short period of time. something about it hitting your score hard. it should bounce back tho. but there's also another problem where you gotta show activity for all the cards instead of not using it for months and shit

stick with a new one for a while. if you need another, apply waaaaay later

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Apparently they do check. My friend who has American Prime said that they asked for a copy of his timetable to prove his eligibility one year. But who knows.

I'll have to play the waiting game and see what happens. Hopefully it's all good, though. When you fill out the online form it mentions all they're going to do is send an activation/confirmation email to your student email address to verify whether you're a student. But I didn't take the time to look into the Terms & Conditions to get more detail.

They don't know when you graduate so I don't know why they bother putting that part in.

Part of the online form is providing your expected graduation date. So I'm guessing that's what they use to set the expiry date on the discounted Prime fees.

imBask

Banned
no way. not an expert but you shouldn't apply to a lot of cards in a short period of time. something about it hitting your score hard. it should bounce back tho. but there's also another problem where you gotta show activity for all the cards instead of not using it for months and shit

stick with a new one for a while. if you need another, apply waaaaay later

I was kidding ;)

I understand the general principle, I'll probably apply for the amazon one or whichever one offers me the best deal and stick with it for years and years. The less I have to deal with this stuff the better it is

Kyolux

You guys give up early. It may ship at like 7-8pm and still be delivered tomorrow. Especially if you guys are in GTA. I'm around Ottawa and I get stuff shipped late evening and receive it the next day.

r3n4ud

You guys give up early. It may ship at like 7-8pm and still be delivered tomorrow. Especially if you guys are in GTA. I'm around Ottawa and I get stuff shipped late evening and receive it the next day.
Same here, but for Montreal. Fuckers better ship Gears and Paper Mario soon though so they're here tomorrow.

At least a Dragon Quest Builders shipped.

Kyolux

I'm more worried about PSVR though. I really hope amazon doesn't drop the ball on that. I took a week and half off for that. (and do other things too, maybe)

Speaking of games releasing on the 11th though. My RotTR didn't ship either. I'm guessing that'll be tomorrow since Monday is Holiday.

I'm more worried about PSVR though. I really hope amazon doesn't drop the ball on that. I took a week and half off for that. (and do other things too, maybe)

Speaking of games releasing on the 11th though. My RotTR didn't ship either. I'm guessing that'll be tomorrow since Monday is Holiday.

Is there really a week and a half worth of games to play?

Driveclub I guess?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It's more so with the fact that if they were shipping today, I would have been charged by this point. It's no big deal in the long run as long as it gets here by Tuesday, I just hate that I was fed a bunch of bullshit by Amazon reps saying it would for sure ship today.

Kyolux

Is there really a week and a half worth of games to play?

Driveclub I guess?

Well, it's my first vacations of the year. Like I said, I'll be doing other stuff too.

But as far as games are concerned, I'll be playing a good bunch in VR.

Ace Banana (archery was really fun on Vive)
Here They Lie
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Loading Human
SportsBar VR (if that releases, seems like it might miss launch)
Battlezone
Rez Infinite
The Assembly
The Playroom VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Futuridium
That Demo disc

And then there's Driveclub and Rigs.. which I'll get none, one or both depending on other people's impressions. Oh, same for Batman.

I also have like two groups of friends coming over on different evenings where I'll have like 12-13 people here to try out VR over those two evenings.

Had you seen that list?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044658 (4th post) There's a lot of games coming out. Or better yet, http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/05/playstation-vr-launch-lineup-and-beyond/ has a lot of details for the launch line-up.

Well, it's my first vacations of the year. Like I said, I'll be doing other stuff too.

But as far as games are concerned, I'll be playing a good bunch in VR.

Ace Banana (archery was really fun on Vive)
Here They Lie
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Loading Human
SportsBar VR (if that releases, seems like it might miss launch)
Battlezone
Rez Infinite
The Assembly
The Playroom VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Futuridium
That Demo disc

And then there's Driveclub and Rigs.. which I'll get none, one or both depending on other people's impressions. Oh, same for Batman.

I also have like two groups of friends coming over on different evenings where I'll have like 12-13 people here to try out VR over those two evenings.

Had you seen that list?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044658 (4th post) There's a lot of games coming out. Or better yet, http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/05/playstation-vr-launch-lineup-and-beyond/ has a lot of details for the launch line-up.

Keep us updated on impressions

fooish101

Quick question for you prime veterans out there.

How does the two day shipping guarantee work?

I ordered a package yesterday but I'm told my guarantee date is next weds?

I'm assuming it's a two full business day guarantee after it has been shipped, not from the time of the order?

Thanks!

Kyolux

You should also get Summer Lesson on the Japanese PSN pupupu

Not really all that interested in it honestly. But I'm gonna keep an eye out and see how those that imported it fared with it. I can understand the gist of what's going on when someone talk in japanese, but I can only read hiragana and like half a dozen kanji, so that's less useful. But a lot of people seem to be importing with 0 japanese knowledge, guess we'll see.

Quick question for you prime veterans out there.

How does the two day shipping guarantee work?

I ordered a package yesterday but I'm told my guarantee date is next weds?

I'm assuming it's a two full business day guarantee after it has been shipped, not from the time of the order?

Thanks!

From my experience, it doesn't mean anything. The few times I asked CSR about it, they apologized about the delay or said some non-sense.

Vinc

Anyone has experience switching from Amazon Prime to Prime Student?

I subbed to Amazon Prime regular and got charged yesterday... today I subbed to Prime Student (should've done research beforehand) and it worked, now I'm on the free 6 months and it says it'll renew for half price after the six months expire. Does that mean my CC will automatically be refunded for the Prime sub I took yesterday? All traces of it are gone from my account right now...

Ryde3

Did anyone else purchase a Mafia 3 code from cdkeys, that turned out to be region coded? When I purchased it a few days ago, they only had 2 version - the regular version, and the deluxe version.

After receiving my key and trying to unsuccessfully redeem it in Steam, I visited the website and they now have 4 versions of the game - and the 48$ CDN version has a disclaimer reading:

This product can only be activated in the following regions: Europe (inc UK), Middle East, Africa

This was 100% not there before. I've contacted customer support, and hope they can right this. Their policy clearly says no refunds but I KNOW they changed their website. Super super frustrated.

kevin1025

Banned
Did anyone else purchase a Mafia 3 code from cdkeys, that turned out to be region coded? When I purchased it a few days ago, they only had 2 version - the regular version, and the deluxe version.

After receiving my key and trying to unsuccessfully redeem it in Steam, I visited the website and they now have 4 versions of the game - and the 48$ CDN version has a disclaimer reading:

This product can only be activated in the following regions: Europe (inc UK), Middle East, Africa

This was 100% not there before. I've contacted customer support, and hope they can right this. Their policy clearly says no refunds but I KNOW they changed their website. Super super frustrated.

I almost bought it from there but then decided to go PS4. You are right, though, it was one version only, and it said region: worldwide. Super uncool that they changed it the day before the game comes out. You definitely have reason to complain and ask customer support for a refund.

I Ordered my key 2 months ago when the store page said the key was worldwide. I got my key this morning which couldn't activate because it was for the wrong region. I then submitted a support ticket on the cdkeys site with my order number and received a working american region key a couple hours later. They said it was a screw up on their end so just submit a ticket and it should be resolved

This might have already been answered, but what kind of trade-in deals for the PSPro are there? I might trade in my PS4 if I get enough coming back to me to justify getting a pro...

Though I don't even have a 4K tv yet, so is it even worth it?

Anyone has experience switching from Amazon Prime to Prime Student?

I subbed to Amazon Prime regular and got charged yesterday... today I subbed to Prime Student (should've done research beforehand) and it worked, now I'm on the free 6 months and it says it'll renew for half price after the six months expire. Does that mean my CC will automatically be refunded for the Prime sub I took yesterday? All traces of it are gone from my account right now...

I did this recently and Amazon put $30.75 back in my credit card.

Mayyhem

why do all my e3 pre-orders still come up as $79.99? even under invoices? minus a few like battlefield 1 and gears 4 which are $49.99 cause they were a $30 off deal.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Chat rep is saying on their end it's in advanced shipping stage and I'll get tracking in a few hours.

I see that your order is in advanced shipping stage and I can confirm that you ll be getting the tracking details within few hours. I ll also create a follow up with your order and make sure to update you via email
Please do not worry. The game ll be delivered to you as promised and I ll take complete responsibility of that:)
Please do not worry, it ll be shipped before Monday or to be precise within next few hours itself

Also, Prime gets weekend delivery apparently.
Yes, we have carriers who do weekend deliveries too and we assign prime members with weekend shipping and delivery carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom