• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hmm.. well I've had things shipped during the week-end before. But delivered? Don't think so.
Could be just Toronto/Vancouver. Or maybe on top of just in those cities, you need same-day delivery, which I think costs $3.99 extra for Prime.

I'm kinda bummed that it hasn't shipped yet, and I kinda feel like finishing up the Gears 3 playthrough, but at the same time I don't want to get burned out on the gameplay.
Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

i-Jest

Amazon Overcharge ALERT!

If anyone's got a couple Yo-Kai Watch games shipping, make sure you check Amazons math. I was over charged for both games. The 20% off didn't apply right. My issue was forwarded to the marketing team, so we'll see how this goes. *sighs*

Ryde3

I almost bought it from there but then decided to go PS4. You are right, though, it was one version only, and it said region: worldwide. Super uncool that they changed it the day before the game comes out. You definitely have reason to complain and ask customer support for a refund.

I Ordered my key 2 months ago when the store page said the key was worldwide. I got my key this morning which couldn't activate because it was for the wrong region. I then submitted a support ticket on the cdkeys site with my order number and received a working american region key a couple hours later. They said it was a screw up on their end so just submit a ticket and it should be resolved

They just issued me a key that works in Canada and the situation got sorted out before launch, so I'm happy. Pretty impressed by how quick it was handled tbh.

Vinc

That's exactly what happened yes. I was shocked still aha.

Hope it happens to me now! =D How long did it take after you switched to Prime Student until you got the refund? And did you switch to it by just going to the prime student page and signing up for it or did you contact customer service at all?

Kyolux

Just noticed my Rise of Tomb Raider pre-order will ship on October 6.. well.. there's 3 minutes left. XD

For my PS VR it says Oct 11. Wonder if that'll fare better.

So, does Walmart have a satisfaction guarantee? As in, if I decide against keeping a controller I've opened I can return it within 30 days if it's not been used?

baconcow

So, does Walmart have a satisfaction guarantee? As in, if I decide against keeping a controller I've opened I can return it within 30 days if it's not been used?

Walmart's return policy, on controllers, is 90 days. The details of what a return can entail is listed on their website FAQ. You'll have to take a chance and see how they react to the non-satisfied aspect. I know, from experience, that they allow returns on defective contollers, within 90 days.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Being shipped soon!!!

Now let's see if they actually deliver on Saturdays for Prime members without additional costs.

Amazon is built on a house of lies!

I did just notice that Amazon gives the option to request cancellation even when the package is out for delivery. I assume that's with their own courier service.

giphy.gif

etta

my hard graphic balls

I did just notice that Amazon gives the option to request cancellation even when the package is out for delivery. I assume that's with their own courier service.

Yea I don't get what the point of estimated time of shipping out is when they're inaccurate. I mean it's only the second time it had happened to me, and I'm not really entitled to the 4 day early access since I only got the standard edition, but man it would have been nice.

Hope it happens to me now! =D How long did it take after you switched to Prime Student until you got the refund? And did you switch to it by just going to the prime student page and signing up for it or did you contact customer service at all?
I honestly didn't get a notification after doing it or anything. It only showed on my statement 2 or 3 days later, but the date for when it was issued was the day that I signed up. And no, I didn't contact CS, it all happened automatically.

Vinc

I honestly didn't get a notification after doing it or anything. It only showed on my statement 2 or 3 days later, but the date for when it was issued was the day that I signed up. And no, I didn't contact CS, it all happened automatically.

Sweet! That's awesome. Thanks!

frequency

Amazon Overcharge ALERT!

If anyone's got a couple Yo-Kai Watch games shipping, make sure you check Amazons math. I was over charged for both games. The 20% off didn't apply right. My issue was forwarded to the marketing team, so we'll see how this goes. *sighs*

If you were charged 39.99 without a 20% discount, then that is the correct price. They adjusted Yo-kai Watch and Pokemon to 39.99 because people complained about the misapplied discount. MSRP of both is 49.99.

It was discussed in this thread when that happened.

Kyolux

So I cancelled Rise of the Tomb Raider. I figured I could wait for the inevitable price drop. I got enough on my plate anyway with VR and all those Final Fantasies and Dragon Warriors games.

Best Buy has the new PS4 controller (along with old ones) for $49.99.

I think the only difference is the light bar shows through the touch pad now but my launch controllers are all sorts of fucked up so I'm gonna pick it up.

UberTag

Best Buy has the new PS4 controller (along with old ones) for $49.99.

I think the only difference is the light bar shows through the touch pad now but my launch controllers are all sorts of fucked up so I'm gonna pick it up.
That's a decent price on a controller upgrade. Unlike most of the recent Day 0 game releases this is a deal I couldn't pass on. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey Canada GAF do you now of any shipping company ala Fedex, UPS, DHL etc that WILL be open next Monday? I need to ship something to the states Monday and I haven't had any luck finding any company that will be open that day.

Thanks!

Hmm very little on the box that pointed to it being the new controller but the picture on the back has a tiny light line on the touchpad and the text at the bottom said something about communicating over USB which I believe is exclusive to the new one so hopefully that was it.

Also a better battery which was a MUCH needed upgrade.

Do we know if the internals are swappable?

I have a white original DS4, but if the controller that comes with my PS4 Pro is the new one, I want to put the upgraded features in the white shell controller I already have.

Assuming that there actually is any change in battery life.

Fularu

Banned
If you were charged 39.99 without a 20% discount, then that is the correct price. They adjusted Yo-kai Watch and Pokemon to 39.99 because people complained about the misapplied discount. MSRP of both is 49.99.

It was discussed in this thread when that happened.
My copies were 32$ each

N° 2048

Guys, just got charged for Valkyrie Drive, Dragon Quest Builders and Paper Mario.

My wallet is crying. Broketober has begun.

Though I might return Paper Mario...too many games.

Real life hit me too hard. Cancelled like 3/4 of my Amazon E3 pre-orders because Im not gonna have time for them anyway. I only need Battlefield One and Persona 5 in my life right now

CRA5H

Ah apologies. It was a rumor when I read it a while back regarding imprvoed battery life. It uses the same 1000 mah battery as the original but some are saying it is lasting longer despite this.

Did anyone else order a Playstation VR from Walmart Canada? I received an email today saying that they didn't have enough to fulfil my order and as it would take longer than 3 days they just went and cancelled the order.

I made that order back on March 29th. Would have been nice for them to have not cancelled it just days away from launch so I would have known not to buy games like Tomb Raider & the new Call of Duty.

BadHand

Did anyone else order a Playstation VR from Walmart Canada? I received an email today saying that they didn't have enough to fulfil my order and as it would take longer than 3 days they just went and cancelled the order.

I made that order back on March 29th. Would have been nice for them to have not cancelled it just days away from launch so I would have known not to buy games like Tomb Raider & the new Call of Duty.

That really sucks. I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering from Walmart.ca and will never use them again.

bestbuy is having midnight releases in Vancouver and Toronto - they will also be making a limited amount of PS VR headsets online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom