• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draysoth

Did anyone else order a Playstation VR from Walmart Canada? I received an email today saying that they didn't have enough to fulfil my order and as it would take longer than 3 days they just went and cancelled the order.

I made that order back on March 29th. Would have been nice for them to have not cancelled it just days away from launch so I would have known not to buy games like Tomb Raider & the new Call of Duty.

I did March 22. I had to call in because I got a credit card error email, took a bit but its still coming...

Gitaroo

That really sucks. I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering from Walmart.ca and will never use them again.

bestbuy is having midnight releases in Vancouver and Toronto - they will also be making a limited amount of PS VR headsets online.

if BB can get a limited ammount of PSVR available online later then I guess they have enough to cover their preorder.

frequency

My copies were 32$ each

Which should not have been the case. It was an error on their end. Whether you encouraged that error or not, I don't know.

Amazon sent out the emails in July about it.
Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #[removed] for Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits - Nintendo 3DS. We are writing to inform you that we miscalculated your promotional discount and have updated your preorder price to $39.99.

Asking for an extra 20% off of the already discounted price is the kind of shady bullshit people pull on the customer service reps that pisses me off and ruins it for the rest of us.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh what the fuck...

Now my Gears said it's going to ship on the 14th and get here on the 18th despite it saying a few days ago that it was going to ship on the 6th.

And that's with priority shipping too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh what the fuck...

Now my Gears said it's going to ship on the 14th and get here on the 18th despite it saying a few days ago that it was going to ship on the 6th.

And that's with priority shipping too.
Contact them, I think they tried to pull this shit with my Uncharted 4 if I remember correctly, they told me to remake the order but that would cause my E3 discount to be gone, I had to go through 2 more reps before one made a new order and applied the discount manually.

And my Gears still hasn't shipped...

antibolo

Banned

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Contact them, I think they tried to pull this shit with my Uncharted 4 if I remember correctly, they told me to remake the order but that would cause my E3 discount to be gone, I had to go through 2 more reps before one made a new order and applied the discount manually.

And my Gears still hasn't shipped...
I did and they said I had the items grouped to be shipped all together. Which is bullshit because A) I never select that and B) I was literally looking at the order as they told me that and it said to ship them out as soon as they're released.

timnich

Anyone that received an email from Walmart this morning about having your PSVR preorder cancelled, it looks like it was a false alarm:

Dear Walmart Customer,

You may have received an email message earlier stating the your Pre-Order for the Playstation VR product has been cancelled.

The email was sent in error and your product is NOT cancelled. Rest assured that we have reserved this product for you and it will ship out as scheduled.

You will receive further updates shortly.

We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Anyone have any good router recommendations? I'm not too well-versed in this stuff but mine's super old and been acting up so it's time to upgrade. I'm looking for something in the price range of around $120 and I just want something dual band with good range.

-SG

Anyone here have any experience dealing with Canada Post after they delivered an item to the wrong address? What are the chances that I'll get my item? Not gaming related, but I bought some stuff from China and it somehow got delivered to Montreal (I'm in Ontario). I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the shipping label proving that it was to the correct address. Now it looks like the person signed for my package, paid the customs fees, and is now trying to sell my item on Kijiji...

First post in the Canadian deals forum, please be gentle.

Ratchet and Clank PS4 - $29.99

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ratchet-clank-ps4/10381565.aspx

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-Canada-3000550/dp/B00Z9LUDX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475870242&sr=8-1&keywords=ratchet+and+clank

EDIT: Wonder if this is a permanent drop. Amazon.ca also has it for $30.

I think No_Style (who runs the GameDealsCanada Twitter account/website) was thinking along the same lines, as I think it's dropped to that price on PSN as well.

Also, welcome! You'll fit right in, especially if you start complaining about shipping times.

Anyone have any good router recommendations? I'm not too well-versed in this stuff but mine's super old and been acting up so it's time to upgrade. I'm looking for something in the price range of around $120 and I just want something dual band with good range.

Check the OT there is always a thread about this.

Nighthawk is great if you can afford it, but I think there is some model of TP Archer that apparently is quite good at a cheap price.

teeg

kennah

Anyone here have any experience dealing with Canada Post after they delivered an item to the wrong address? What are the chances that I'll get my item? Not gaming related, but I bought some stuff from China and it somehow got delivered to Montreal (I'm in Ontario). I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the shipping label proving that it was to the correct address. Now it looks like the person signed for my package, paid the customs fees, and is now trying to sell my item on Kijiji...
What is it? One of us could go get it and send it to you :p

r3n4ud

Mine still says "being shipped soon", 10 hours later...
Mine was saying that too. Talked to CS, they said they're OOS. So I said fuck you guys, cancelled my order, went digital to play this weekend.

How can they be OOS on one of this year's biggest releases o_O

Fularu

Banned
Which should not have been the case. It was an error on their end. Whether you encouraged that error or not, I don't know.

Amazon sent out the emails in July about it.

Asking for an extra 20% off of the already discounted price is the kind of shady bullshit people pull on the customer service reps that pisses me off and ruins it for the rest of us.
Ruins what exactly? Amazon.ca is doing what Amazon.com has been doing for years, granting a permanent 20% preorder promotion for prime members.

It was about time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you were charged 39.99 without a 20% discount, then that is the correct price. They adjusted Yo-kai Watch and Pokemon to 39.99 because people complained about the misapplied discount. MSRP of both is 49.99.

It was discussed in this thread when that happened.
i-Jest was actually over charged. They charged him $99.95 - $3.97 + tax for both games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yep, so Amazon is giving me the whole "supply issues" excuse for even the standard edition despite how long I've had the damn game pre ordered. 20% off doesn't justify getting games a whole week late, so fuck it, I won't be resubbing, nor will I be using Amazon for anything else after this. Enjoy Gears everyone, I'm going to be salty for a week.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yep, so Amazon is giving me the whole "supply issues" excuse for even the standard edition despite how long I've had the damn game pre ordered. 20% off doesn't justify getting games a whole week late, so fuck it, I won't be resubbing, nor will I be using Amazon for anything else after this. Enjoy Gears everyone, I'm going to be salty for a week.
Saying the same to me, that their stock is dry.
HOW THE FUCK IS YOUR STOCK DRY ON THE BIGGEST FUCKING EXCLUSIVE OF THE HOLIDAY

r3n4ud

Man, Amazon CS must be getting shit on today. I gave them an ear full earlier anyways

And they still haven't shipped Paper Mario. The fuck is going on over there :/

-Deimos

If you're looking at the estimated ship date, it's not always right. I've had games with late estimated ship dates come on release day or the day after plenty of times, even with non-prime shipping.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you're looking at the estimated ship date, it's not always right. I've had games with late estimated ship dates come on release day or the day after plenty of times, even with non-prime shipping.
This is different though because Monday is a holiday. If it were to get here on Tuesday, it had to have been shipped on Friday by the latest.

antibolo

Banned
Friday releases are pretty shitty in general. Even when it's not a 3 day weekend it still sucks to have to wait until after the weekend when your order fails to be delivered on release day.

At least with Tuesday releases you get plenty of weekday buffer.

But I guess that's less of an issue in the US since the USPS does Saturday deliveries for some strange reason. And we Canadians are irrelevant to release date planning.

That review though...

Well, good for him!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This is different though because Monday is a holiday. If it were to get here on Tuesday, it had to have been shipped on Friday by the latest.
Lol I asked them why am I even bothering to pay for priority shipping if I'm not guaranteed to get it day one, and all they did was apologize. Going to call later and hope for better results than chat.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Lol I asked them why am I even bothering to pay for priority shipping if I'm not guaranteed to get it day one, and all they did was apologize. Going to call later and hope for better results than chat.
They gave me a $10 promotion and made a new order with a waived same-day delivery ($3.99 for Prime if in Toronto/Vancouver) and applied the $10, so $61 total now and it ships whenever they get the stock.
Oh god yes my Gears 4 shipped. Crisis averted

THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU ALL
WTF I JUST MADE A NEW ORDER

Kyolux

So yeah, what's a reasonable racing wheel to buy over here for PS4 that has FFB (for Driveclub VR mostly)?

My head tells me I should just get something without it and save money, but my heart knows how awesome FFB feels, just from all the Outrun 2006 C2C I've played in the arcades.

Anyone has some recommendations?

They gave me a $10 promotion and made a new order with a waived same-day delivery ($3.99 for Prime if in Toronto/Vancouver) and applied the $10, so $61 total now and it ships whenever they get the stock.

WTF I JUST MADE A NEW ORDER

It would be great if CSR would have any idea what the fuck is actually going on in their warehouses instead of whatever way they're organized right now.

terrible

Banned
So yeah, what's a reasonable racing wheel to buy over here for PS4 that has FFB (for Driveclub VR mostly)?

My head tells me I should just get something without it and save money, but my heart knows how awesome FFB feels, just from all the Outrun 2006 C2C I've played in the arcades.

Anyone has some recommendations?

It would be great if CSR would have any idea what the fuck is actually going on in their warehouses instead of whatever way they're organized right now.

I wouldn't personally bother getting a wheel without FFB, it's the FFB that really makes using a wheel great. You're better off just using a controller if you don't have FFB in my opinion.

The Thrustmaster T150 seems to be the best value FFB wheel on PS4 right now.

This thread might help you too.

Kyolux

I wouldn't personally bother getting a wheel without FFB, it's the FFB that really makes using a wheel great. You're better off just using a controller if you don't have FFB in my opinion.

The Thrustmaster T150 seems to be the best value FFB wheel on PS4 right now.

This thread might help you too.

I'm not sure where I could buy the T150.. I did look into it a few times.

Amazon doesn't seem to have it.

Best Buy I just checked "Cannot ship to Quebec". =_=

terrible

Banned
I'm not sure where I could buy the T150.. I did look into it a few times.

Amazon doesn't seem to have it.

Best Buy I just checked "Cannot ship to Quebec". =_=

Canada Computers and Dell.ca seem to carry it. Do they ship to Quebec though? I'm not sure.

Kyolux

Canada Computers and Dell.ca seem to carry it. Do they ship to Quebec though? I'm not sure.

Thanks, $200 on Dell.ca.. I'll have to think some more about it I guess.

Those $50-60 t80 on kijiji are kind of tempting just for convenience of price and the amount of time I'll probably spend on racing games (Not a whole damn much) though

BadHand

BB website is all fucked.

Got an email that Tomb Raider payment failed and I needed to change my payment info or the order will be cancelled. Log into their website and I'm getting all sorts of weird encryption errors - my credit card number turned into letters and symbols and then failed after clicking Submit.

Call them up and they can't change it over the phone either due to errors. Give it 30 minutes and check my RBC account, realize they have indeed charged my card afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom