• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can no longer select free shipping on Amazon without agreeing to a Prime trial? What bullshit is this?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot they increased the cutoff to $35.

antibolo

Banned
So yeah, what's a reasonable racing wheel to buy over here for PS4 that has FFB (for Driveclub VR mostly)?

My head tells me I should just get something without it and save money, but my heart knows how awesome FFB feels, just from all the Outrun 2006 C2C I've played in the arcades.

Anyone has some recommendations?

Last week I bought a G29 (Logitech's high end PS4 wheel) here:
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12661111164&vpn=941-000110&manufacture=LOGITECH

Sadly they seem to have significantly increased their asking price since then :(
I paid $354 + GST and it is now $411 which is no longer that great of a deal.

Kyolux

Last week I bought a G29 (Logitech's high end PS4 wheel) here:
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12661111164&vpn=941-000110&manufacture=LOGITECH

Sadly they seem to have significantly increased their asking price since then :(
I paid $354 + GST and it is now $411 which is no longer that great of a deal.

As awesome as this would be, I'm really not that much into driving games usually. So it's kind of a big investment on top of PS VR itself to get something like that. :/

edit:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-...ls/1205284721?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Anyone can tell me what model this is?

-SG

What is it? One of us could go get it and send it to you :p

Lol they're carbon bike wheels. I'll be out a decent amount of coin if Canada Post tell me to screw off. If you're feeling super generous and from the area, you could see if this guy will text you back because I think these are my wheels: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bike-frames-...-fibre-25-bicycle-wheel-black/1205528266?null

I emailed him but he didn't answer me. Probably because my phone number was on the packing slip. So shitty.

BadHand

Lol they're carbon bike wheels. I'll be out a decent amount of coin if Canadad Post tell me to screw off. If you're feeling super generous and from the area, you could see if this guy will text you back because I think these are my wheels: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bike-frames-...-fibre-25-bicycle-wheel-black/1205528266?null

I emailed him but he didn't answer me. Probably because my phone number was on the packing slip. So shitty.

Call the police. Opening other peoples mail, theft etc

Also, reverse the charge if you're not reimbursed. You're not responsible for the item until you accept delivery of it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Got Color Splash today, marking the first time in about a year and a half Amazon has actually got a game to me on release day.

Seriously considering subbing to Prime. Will probably do once I have a few more pre-orders lined up.

-SG

Call the police. Opening other peoples mail, theft etc

Also, reverse the charge if you're not reimbursed. You're not responsible for the item until you accept delivery of it.

Do you think they will do anything about it without me having proof though? Canada Post won't tell me where they delivered it, but if they would tell me the postal code and it matches the Kijiji ad, then there's a good chance those are mine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't remember, was the 25x Best Buy thing a better deal than 20% at Amazon? I'm tempted to buy CoD from Amazon just to avoid the certificate thing, but I have no idea if there's a massive difference between the two.

Megasoum

Banned
For anybody in here who's using Videotron as their ISP, you should check out the new Internet Packages they started offering in September.

I contacted them on the live chat today for an issue with my phone and the lady told me "By the way, I just noticed that you are currently paying 82$ a month for 60Mbps Internet... If you want I could get you 120Mbps for 79$ a month and unlimited download/upload".

So a tech is coming next week to setup the new router and basically double my speed for 2$ less every month!

Grimsen

For anybody in here who's using Videotron as their ISP, you should check out the new Internet Packages they started offering in September.

I contacted them on the live chat today for an issue with my phone and the lady told me "By the way, I just noticed that you are currently paying 82$ a month for 60Mbps Internet... If you want I could get you 120Mbps for 79$ a month and unlimited download/upload".

So a tech is coming next week to setup the new router and basically double my speed for 2$ less every month!

Same here, I'm going from 30mbps to 120mbps, and they loan a router for free, which is great since my current router is dying. All for the same price (for me anyway).

Kyolux

You can haggle more than that man.

I got that same thing for 61.99. They're activating it on the 19th for me. (I was leaving them for ebox, so you might want to say that's what you want to do).

i-Jest

In the past I've read there about people who bought DS games from Amazon market sellers, only to have gotten fake copies. Who are trustworthy sellers on Amazon.ca when it comes to DS games? I want to buy Chrono Trigger and Radiant Historia:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B001E27DLM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B004CVWETI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I'm thinking of going with Jadd Entertainment, but I wanted to see if anything here has any insight I should consider.

BadHand

Do you think they will do anything about it without me having proof though? Canada Post won't tell me where they delivered it, but if they would tell me the postal code and it matches the Kijiji ad, then there's a good chance those are mine.

That's for them to investigate, not you.

zroid

Banned
almost no one reads the Am***o thread anymore, so just letting people know Best Buy has a lot of them on sale this week. many under $10, some $5-6. for most of them it says online only but I picked up a FamiROB in stores for $6 today.

tiijj

In the past I've read there about people who bought DS games from Amazon market sellers, only to have gotten fake copies. Who are trustworthy sellers on Amazon.ca when it comes to DS games? I want to buy Chrono Trigger and Radiant Historia:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B001E27DLM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B004CVWETI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I'm thinking of going with Jadd Entertainment, but I wanted to see if anything here has any insight I should consider.

I bought my chrono trigger ds from videogameplus.

Anyone that received an email from Walmart this morning about having your PSVR preorder cancelled, it looks like it was a false alarm:

Thats crazy. I did receive the email saying it was cancelled but I didn't get one like the email above saying is was a mistake and it isn't cancelled. In the mean time I managed to pre order one from Bestbuy.ca who seem to think it will arrive on October 13th.

I phoned the walmart.ca but couldn't get to speak to an actual person to see if it is cancelled or not. Using the order tracking it looks like it is scheduled for delivery on November 3rd. Probably going to go into a store in person and get them to cancel it so I don't end up with 2.

Those 2 titles have been reprinted "recently" so I'm fairly certain that they are legit.

Oh for hecks sake. I've been waiting months for Atelier Sophie to get a price drop and Amazon goes and RAISES it another $10

Hahaha, oh man, $79.99. Crap.

Your best bet, if you don't mind digital, is to wait for a PSN sale. Atelier games usually show up every couple of months. Otherwise, wait for EB to start clearing it out (or maybe Best Buy, if they bother to stock any). Er, or not, because EB Games's site shows it as sold out.

...well, now you know for next time.

Stage On

Hahaha, oh man, $79.99. Crap.

Your best bet, if you don't mind digital, is to wait for a PSN sale. Atelier games usually show up every couple of months. Otherwise, wait for EB to start clearing it out (or maybe Best Buy, if they bother to stock any). Er, or not, because EB Games's site shows it as sold out.

...well, now you know for next time.

Well I know other places I can get it for $69.99 still but it really urks me to have to pay full price especially after waiting this long.

I guess they aren't printing as many copies anymore as they used to since in previous years it was pretty easy to get them for around $40 after a couple of months.

Well I know other places I can get it for $69.99 still but it really urks me to have to pay full price especially after waiting this long.

I guess they aren't printing as many copies anymore as they used to since in previous years it was pretty easy to get them for around $40 after a couple of months.

I think that's part of it, yeah. But also, keep in mind that $40 a few years ago would only be $10 off the MSRP; Atelier games are usually $10 cheaper than the normal price of a retail game, even at launch.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Front page of Amazon.ca banner.

RsGLZII.png

JRbmui0.png

Neat.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just realized, maybe for the next game I should just wait until release day and order it at 7 AM with the free same-day shipping, then, to avoid all this hassle that happened with Gears 4.
Missing out on them pre-order bonuses, though.

sikkinixx

My $35 gears shipped today at 2:30pm. I'm in Vancouver and it says shipping from Vancouver. I wonder why they would send the notice so early since it won't be here until Tuesday.

I just realized, maybe for the next game I should just wait until release day and order it at 7 AM with the free same-day shipping, then, to avoid all this hassle that happened with Gears 4.
Missing out on them pre-order bonuses, though.
But if you have prime you'll still get it on release day if you preorder. At least that's why I think my shipment started today cause I have prime.

My friend and I were gonna play co-op on ties but he ordered without prime and played extra for release day delivery. Now the CSR told him it'll be delayed for him and he'll get a refund on the release day shipping cost.

Perhaps prime is the answer

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
But if you have prime you'll still get it on release day if you preorder. At least that's why I think my shipment started today cause I have prime.

My friend and I were gonna play co-op on ties but he ordered without prime and played extra for release day delivery. Now the CSR told him it'll be delayed for him and he'll get a refund on the release day shipping cost.

I have Prime, pre ordered, and it won't get here until the 18th >(

etta

my hard graphic balls

I have Prime, pre ordered, and it won't get here until the 18th >(
Yea right now even with Prime there is some fuckery going on, but Xaero, the rep chat said they will get stock BEFORE release date, I am assuming Sunday or Monday, and ship it out then. So we should still be able to get it Tuesday, the system just says 18th now because it knows there's no stock and adds a comfortable amount of days enough to replenish stock in any scenario.
I definitely think they will get stock before release day, I mean this is a huge game, they have to have stock on release date, it was probably just delayed.
Toronto = GTA?
I think so, go to the Prime shipping info page, there is a tool there where you input your postal code and it tells you if that area is eligible for same-day shipping.

Man... Both Mafia 3 and GOW4 looks cool but I'm having a tough time buying solo campaign game for 80$ a pop these days.

That's why it is essential to pre-order. I got Mafia 3 for 30% off from E3 pre-order last year. And now they stacked the 20% Prime discount for some reason. So $44.73 with tax here in B.C. Release day shipping too. Playing the game now :)

-Deimos

Yea right now even with Prime there is some fuckery going on, but Xaero, the rep chat said they will get stock BEFORE release date, I am assuming Sunday or Monday, and ship it out then. So we should still be able to get it Tuesday, the system just says 18th now because it knows there's no stock and adds a comfortable amount of days enough to replenish stock in any scenario.
I definitely think they will get stock before release day, I mean this is a huge game, they have to have stock on release date, it was probably just delayed.

I think so, go to the Prime shipping info page, there is a tool there where you input your postal code and it tells you if that area is eligible for same-day shipping.

Awesome, looks like I'm eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom