• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone is dying on me and I like my current no contract BYOP plan with Fido. Can I just buy a OnePlus 2 or OnePlus 3 and activate it with Fido? How good are those phone? I know I heard good comments but I want to ask here too.

Lexxism

My phone is dying on me and I like my current no contract BYOP plan with Fido. Can I just buy a OnePlus 2 or OnePlus 3 and activate it with Fido? How good are those phone? I know I heard good comments but I want to ask here too.
Yes, of course. Those phone are really good option to use. I'm not sure with the sim tho. If they will let you use your old one or buy another. Are you using micro or nano sim?

UberTag

That's why it is essential to pre-order. I got Mafia 3 for 30% off from E3 pre-order last year. And now they stacked the 20% Prime discount for some reason. So $44.73 with tax here in B.C. Release day shipping too. Playing the game now :)
Is this 20% Prime auto-discount on top of already-discounted pre-orders thing something that's actually happening or is this one of those phish for the CSR that likes you scenarios?

Yes, of course. Those phone are really good option to use. I'm not sure with the sim tho. If they will let you use your old one or buy another. Are you using micro or nano sim?

Micro. OnePlus are Nano only, right? People are converting their Micro to Nano by themselves but I don't feel comfortable doing that. Need to ask Fido how much is a new Nano sim and I need to think about choosing between Plus 2 or Plus 3. No way I would pay what is asked for a recent Samsung or iPhone.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Micro. OnePlus are Nano only, right? People are converting their Micro to Nano by themselves but I don't feel comfortable doing that. Need to ask Fido how much is a new Nano sim and I need to think about choosing between Plus 2 or Plus 3. No way I would pay what is asked for a recent Samsung or iPhone.

Sim cards are cheap, and you can go to one of those cellphone shops where do do repairs, they have tools to cut normal sim cards to micro/nano sizes.

And you're right to avoid paying Apple/Samsung prices. If you're not afraid of "exotic" brands, I suggest looking into importing a Xiaomi phone from China. They have "global" versions including english/french menus and the Play Store, and for less than $250 you can get a ridiculously good phone for the price. That's what I did and I couldn't be more satisfied. Of course, I heard OnePlus are very good too, but I've never tried them personally.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Regarding Gears of War 4

Amazon said:
We have received a call from the developers about the delay in the release.
It is difficult from them to release it on October 11th.

Yet every other retailer will have it out in time? Get fucked lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Regarding Gears of War 4

Yet every other retailer will have it out in time? Get fucked lol
What the flying fuck is going on. The game went gold over 3 weeks ago, why the fuck would this even happen? With Amazon no less, not some mom and pop store Jesus Christ.

Gitaroo

if i was to buy a basic but decent 4ktv without worrying about hdr for now which brand 4ktv would you recommend?

been thinking about replacing my 1080p set for a while, its done its time

Check sony new x700d, x750d, x800d. If you want to go even lower tier, there is a heir 55" & 65" 4d tv for 500-750 @ costco. Does basic 4k stuffs but I heard no 4:4:4 chroma for pc. If you are not planning to use it for pc its nt a problem at all.

Check sony new x700d, x750d, x800d. If you want to go even lower tier, there is a heir 55" & 65" 4d tv for 500-750 @ costco. Does basic 4k stuffs but I heard no 4:4:4 chroma for pc. If you are not planning to use it for pc its nt a problem at all.

mostly just for gaming and some streaming really

Eventually we'll just be buying our games from a shady dude in a van who picked through the dumpsters of US Gamestops. "At least the bits of banana peel stuck to the cover were fresh, and the guy didn't punch me in the teeth this time. Still better than Amazon."

terrible

Banned
For some reason, I tried to order from Dell.ca seems it shows up at 199.99. But it seems like it switches me to the american site?

Oh weird, it's doing that for me too. Definitely not a good deal if it's $200 USD when it's $250 CAD here at Canada Computers and the like.

soultron

Banned
Random, but I have 2 balcony tickets to DJ Shadow tonight in Toronto at The Phoenix. I can't make it.

$60 for the pair if anyone wants them. I paid $105.

Why is the Tales of Berseria Collector's Edition $200? It doesn't even come with anything out of the ordinary. Heck, it doesn't even come with a statue like most CE in this price range.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LY3WFEJ/

It should be $100 max with the things it comes with imo.

I mean, its going for $150 in the states, so the CAD price isn't bad per say. The issue is that its stupid expensive in all markets. Not like I was going to buy it anyway since I'd rather play it on my PC than PS4.

FrsDvl

What's a good site to buy winter jackets, with a nice selection? I don't usually buy clothing online, but I'm lazy and don't want to go to a store.

i-Jest

What's a good site to buy winter jackets, with a nice selection? I don't usually buy clothing online, but I'm lazy and don't want to go to a store.

Look forward to sales following Thanks Giving., I'd keep an eye on The Bay, The Gap, Old Navy, and Holt Renfrew. I know Gap is doing 40% off store wide excluding GQ and Pendleton. Not sure what the online store promo is atm. Are you looking for a puffer, parka, or leather jacket for winter?

FrsDvl

Look forward to sales following Thanks Giving., I'd keep an eye on The Bay, The Gap, Old Navy, and Holt Renfrew. I know Gap is doing 40% off store wide excluding GQ and Pendleton. Not sure what the online store promo is atm. Are you looking for a puffer, parka, or leather jacket for winter?

No clue what kind I'm looking for really, as long as it's warm, and not too ugly looking. I'll keep an eye on those stores though, thanks!

What kind of winter jacket? There's always sites like:
http://www.liveoutthere.ca/
http://www.thelasthunt.com/
http://www.altitude-sports.com/

I purchased from all 3 over the years.

I'll check those sites as well, thanks

Tapejara

Madness

mostly just for gaming and some streaming really

Sony XBR series, I would only say only go above the X800D series. What size are you looking for? I would honestly tell you, anything with some HDR is better than not. If you can absolutely wait, do so, so that next years sets start to unify 10 or 12 bit HDR.

However, any 4K set will be better than your 1080p, I would stick with Samsung and Sony and Vizio over LG as their lowest options use limited pixel structure resulting in a weaker picture. HDR is real game changer when done right though.

Kiro

No shipping from amazon yet for tomb raider. Do we get a discount for them not fulfilling the services that I pay for?

no way nx is $300

nx will have to be $200 at most, at least for a base model

launching the 3ds at $250 was one of the biggest mistakes nintendo has made

if the nx is a handheld with a dock like eurogamer report i could see them launching the handheld only at $200 while having the handheld and dock and controller at $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom