• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiro

Did ROTR have stock issues as well?
What the flying pigs is going on.

Not sure. I haven't asked amazon but I think it didn't ship because the weekend and holiday Monday made the shipping system wonky. Sucks was looking forward to playing it on Tuesday. Hopefully a miracle happens.

no way nx is $300

nx will have to be $200 at most, at least for a base model

launching the 3ds at $250 was one of the biggest mistakes nintendo has made

if the nx is a handheld with a dock like eurogamer report i could see them launching the handheld only at $200 while having the handheld and dock and controller at $300

It's not just a handheld. It's console level fidelity built into a hybrid system that can be taken on the go. It's absolutely going to be priced higher than the 3DS based on the functionality that has been described.

Lothars

It's not just a handheld. It's console level fidelity built into a hybrid system that can be taken on the go. It's absolutely going to be priced higher than the 3DS based on the functionality that has been described.
The 3ds was priced to high at launch and so far I get the feeling the NX will be to. It's not a good thing though

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If Nintendo has a problem pricing the NX hardware I can't even think of the consumer perception problems they'll have with pricing software. $300US sounds right if it's a console, but not a handheld. This will be the biggest problem for them if they're cutting into their console business.

kevin1025

Banned
Just caught up on the thread. That's insane about the Gears and Tomb Raider stock issues! How does this still happen on two major, major releases?

Mine shipped on Friday, even though it said it would on Thursday. But that some people still are waiting, that's not cool at all. Definitely try and get promotions or discount codes.

a916

No shipping from amazon yet for tomb raider. Do we get a discount for them not fulfilling the services that I pay for?

I'm still waiting on my shipment of Color Splash... which apparently might take 1-2 weeks... so is this garbage they are going to pull now that they are pushing Amazon Prime?

Kiro

I'm still waiting on my shipment of Color Splash... which apparently might take 1-2 weeks... so is this garbage they are going to pull now that they are pushing Amazon Prime?

Exactly. Don't we get something for them failing on their service?

a916

Exactly. Don't we get something for them failing on their service?

I complained and they told me they were going to ship my entire E3 order when the last item was released (so 2019...) they gave me priority one-two day shipping and even when I told them I qualified for same day shipping (I have Prime) they said they couldn't select same day shipping on this order... really unprofessional.

mdubs

Banned
Did anyone notice about tales of berseria collector's being $40 off if you have prime? is it still worth it?
http://amzn.to/2dChS2h

See I wouldn't mind the referral link but this was a pretty lame attempt right here to pretend to be helpful as if we haven't been talking about the Prime discount on things for the last week extensively. (It's also against the ToC so you may want to get rid of that before you catch a ban, especially as a junior)

chrono01

Well, I figured I'd give Amazon Prime a try for a year, considering I had Persona 5 Special Edition and The Last Guardian Premium Edition pre-ordered, and the amount of money saved on those two, as well as the Tales of Berseria Collector's Edition, already paid for the yearly fee for it. If I'm impressed with the service by the time of renewal next year, I may sign up again. We'll see.

Nice not to have to worry about E3 promotions anymore. Hopefully now they'll actually be better about shipping my items out on-time. :/

Hmm, I might just re-order all of my E3 games (the ones that haven't shipped yet), since I'll get the same 20% off anyway, as well as free two-day shipping.

I cannot stop thinking about that dawn shadow Xbox One controller. I don't need it, but something inside of me wants to get it because it looks so nice, even though it'd be a waste of money.

I'm trying to be strong.

Hm, a referral link from an account that only has 10 posts since 2013.
Curious.

With 8 of the posts containing referral links...

I cannot stop thinking about that dawn shadow Xbox One controller. I don't need it, but something inside of me wants to get it because it looks so nice, even though it'd be a waste of money.

I'm trying to be strong.

You have not bought it yet so you are strong, just stay that way! Go Chewie!

kaiyo

If someone buys the item using that link the person makes a percentage of the sale.

Just to clarify, when you click an amazon referral link, anything you add to cart (with in 24 hrs) and check out (with in 90 days as long as the item is in your cart and was add via the link) they get a 4-8.5% commission (% depending how many items and item type people bought from the user that month.)

Don't remember the exact hours after some one clicks the link before the referral expires.

Clear your cookies if you don't want to give commission to TakeyaDs or wait 24 hrs (i believe) before adding items to your cart lol

Just to clarify, when you click an amazon referral link, anything you add to cart (with in xx hrs) and check out within xx hrs they get a 4-8.5% commission (% depending how many items and item type people bought from the user that month.)

Don't remember the exact hours after some one clicks the link before the referral expires.

Clear your cookies if you don't want to give commission to TakeyaDs or wait 48 hrs (i believe) before checking out at amazon lol

Wow. Didn't know this. Thanks for the info. How can we tell we've clicked on a referral link?

BadHand

I'm trying to buy something on PSN but 2-step verification doesn't seem to be working? Not getting text messages through like usual. Anyone else getting this problem?

Vamphuntr

Talking about shipment delays. The Quantum Break PC Timeless edition shipping time is ridiculous on Amazon.ca. It finally showed up as available and my expected shipping date is in December T.T

I'm not downloading 80Gb on my 120 Gb cap for sure.

kaiyo

Wow. Didn't know this. Thanks for the info. How can we tell we've clicked on a referral link?

I made some correction in my post you quoted.

You can tell by looking at the URL, if it's shorten link it's high chance it is referral link,
i.e. referral link:
amzn.to/2ddyZqy

if you look at the full link you will see "tag=xxxx" in the url.
i.e. referral link:
amazon.ca/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll2&tag=kaiyo-20&linkId=b81262dddadc9f4fcc9478763b696046

pls don't ban me
edit: removed hyperlink

BadHand

What's the max PSN funds one can hold in the wallet in Canada? I thought it was $150 but I've just got $156 in my wallet.

Did they increase it when the CAD prices increased?

N° 2048

rofl you guys, it's not bad candy.
It's horrible and I'm so sorry for posting that link. I even deleted it from my history.

What's the max PSN funds one can hold in the wallet in Canada? I thought it was $150 but I've just got $156 in my wallet.

Did you get a refund? Maybe that allows it to go over the limit.

univbee

Yeah I think a few months ago. It's $200 max now, and when funding a wallet the "max out my wallet" option reflects this.

Just got charged for PSVR, feeling a bit of buyers remorse, I really hope this thing knocks my socks off.

I know this makes no sense but it kind of helps that I can't find a 4k HDR display for the same amount of money, I would have canceled it otherwise.

Shoeless

Just got charged for PSVR, feeling a bit of buyers remorse, I really hope this thing knocks my socks off.

I know this makes no sense but it kind of helps that I can't find a 4k HDR display for the same amount of money, I would have canceled it otherwise.

Which retailer did you buy it from?

JSR_Cube

My Bestbuy PSVR got held up because of my credit card. Not sure why, there's tons of credit space available. Anyway, I called and gave them a new credit card and now I am good. I have one for a friend coming from Amazon too but it hasn't moved yet.

My BestBuy Tomb Raider has started shipping already. Will probably be here Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom