• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bestbuy PSVR got held up because of my credit card. Not sure why, there's tons of credit space available. Anyway, I called and gave them a new credit card and now I am good. I have one for a friend coming from Amazon too but it hasn't moved yet.

My BestBuy Tomb Raider has started shipping already. Will probably be here Tuesday.
Did they charge you for your best buy order yet? Mine hasn't been charged yet.

Kyolux

So I went to a Canada Computers this afternoon to buy a thrustmaster t150.

Got home and it's a dud. :\ Now they're closed tomorrow so I'll have to go take it back (30 minutes away from my home) some time after work on Tuesday. :/

Sunset Overdrive is on sale for 20 bucks at BB.

Holy Fuck this game

I never felt so blown away by any game in recent memory
Missed it when it was free a month or two ago didja?

Overdrive is an excellent game that stagnates a bit in the final third ish. I'm not sure what it is but insomniac hasn't been doing so good in the boss department since a crack in time.

Shoeless

Got home and it's a dud. :\ Now they're closed tomorrow so I'll have to go take it back (30 minutes away from my home) some time after work on Tuesday. :/

That's unfortunate. I take it you bought in anticipation of Drive Club for PSVR?

kaiyo

Why didn't you buy it at BB? unless BB is farther away.

kaiyo

They don't have it in any of the stores around here (and don't ship it in Quebec for some reason). And it's $20 more expensive there too.

edit: Cleared up some details.

Ah, I see, you can always price match at BB +10% off the difference, but since they don't sell it in Quebec because there's no French in it, that's out of the question.

Edit: Weird, BB delivers the T150 Pro to Quebec, but not the regular one.

FyreWulff

no way nx is $300

nx will have to be $200 at most, at least for a base model

launching the 3ds at $250 was one of the biggest mistakes nintendo has made

if the nx is a handheld with a dock like eurogamer report i could see them launching the handheld only at $200 while having the handheld and dock and controller at $300

300 is the new base entry price. The 360 and PS3 never went below it (new) for the non-useless models before they stopped being shipped.

no way nx is $300

nx will have to be $200 at most, at least for a base model

launching the 3ds at $250 was one of the biggest mistakes nintendo has made

if the nx is a handheld with a dock like eurogamer report i could see them launching the handheld only at $200 while having the handheld and dock and controller at $300
Pricing something really cheap isn't in most cases the best way to go. The consumer market isn't used to spending little on a home console. Seeing a new console at $200 would make many go "uh, the PS4/Xbone are more expensive, but that's probably because they are better". This can be true, but there is a reason why customers will very often choose to, for example, but the more expensive grocery over the cheaper one. In most of the consumer's mind price=quality. The marketing department must strike a nice balance between an affordable, and competitive price within its market. $300 looks about right for a base model.

zroid

Banned
apparently CF Markville is open today on Sunday hours, so I guess the EB there will be open. Will pick up my Volcanion code hopefully!

edit: got it ^^

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think Amazon forgot it was thanksgiving
I think they still ship stuff on some of these holidays, it's just that Canada Post or others won't.
But if they ship it with their own courier all the way, then it might actually arrive here tomorrow.

Shoeless

Yeah. I'm so disappointed about it not powering up. When I tried disconnecting it/reconnecting it on the back for the wheel, there were sparks. =/

Wow, that's crazy. I had that happen once with a PS1, but that was my fault for plugging in a North American PS1 on 120v into an Asian socket at 240 with no step-down voltage converter.

My Gears 4 order says "being shipped today" right now.
Onto another roller coaster ride, sigh.

Mine just got charged to CC, despite having an original Oct 19 (???) delivery date. Hopefully shows up tomorrow!

Your avatar reminds me to catch up on that awesome show btw :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mine just got charged to CC, despite having an original Oct 19 (???) delivery date. Hopefully shows up tomorrow!

Your avatar reminds me to catch up on that awesome show btw :)
Mine got charged too!!

Whopeeeeeeee fuck yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ended up cancelling all of my Amazon orders as well as my Prime after all the bullshit they fed me, so if anyone ends up getting an extra copy of Gears 4 from pre order promotions they want to get rid of, lemme know :p

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ended up cancelling all of my Amazon orders as well as my Prime after all the bullshit they fed me, so if anyone ends up getting an extra copy of Gears 4 from pre order promotions they want to get rid of, lemme know :p
:(

I dunno man, $63 games are pretty sweet, even if they arrive a bit late. But I am guessing this doesn't happen for every game, Gears was just unlucky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, as stupid is Amazon is with shipping, the alternative is paying full price.

Or, I guess breaking the cycle and not playing games when they're new I suppose.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
:(

I dunno man, $63 games are pretty sweet, even if they arrive a bit late. But I am guessing this doesn't happen for every game, Gears was just unlucky.
I'd rather pay full price than deal with the constant lies and headaches I get from dealing with Amazon.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've been charged for over 10 hours but the status still says "being shipped today".
Maybe there's a delay and it already shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom