• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

I've been charged for over 10 hours but the status still says "being shipped today".
Maybe there's a delay and it already shipped out.
Well if they are using Canada Post shipping, their tracking systems are going to be down till midnight due to maintenance.

hookurs

Has anyone bought from B&H before and got it shipped to Canada-gunh? What are we talking for taxes and import fees? More than what the website quotes even though the website says its all I'll pay?

Lexxism

Has anyone bought from B&H before and got it shipped to Canada-gunh? What are we talking for taxes and import fees? More than what the website quotes even though the website says its all I'll pay?
I think you will pay the duties and taxes when you checkout.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh shit, it says "On the way" now, but October 12th delivery instead of tomorrow? It's priority and Prime, it should be here tomorrow.
It's with their own courier, AMZCA, and left the warehouse at 7:20 PM. I think it should definitely get here tomorrow.

Bought a used camera from them and didn't have to pay anything else when it showed up at my front door.

If you choose to pay import tax/duty on their site then there will be no additional fees when you receive the item.

kaiyo

I'm guessing because I bought my headset from Amazon I'm fucked and won't get it till two days after launch?

Should have learned my lesson with the ps4 and those asses.
My bb didn't ship yet, my amazon one says it will ship tomorrow.
If they do ship it out tomorrow I might get it Wednesday.

Nibiru

Banned
Forgot to cancel my ps vr order from best buy, guess ill have to return it in store.

I cancelled mine when I got the email saying that they wouldn't take it back if it was opened. I get the germs angle but this device might be great or it might be a jittery mess. So ya don't crack that seal lol.

My PSVR from Best Buy is still "In Progress". I chose PayPal debit as payment by accident. I hope my debit card doesn't have a daily limit that would prevent the charge going through. Just wanna see it say charged and shipped.

Anyome here replace the HD in their PS4? I am thinking about it and wondering if anyone has tips for a HD i should be looking for to put in? The articles ive been reading are all US based and im weeping at the price difference between HDs for can/us.

imBask

Banned
fucking Bell changed their plans since the last time I checked, now it's either 55 a month or 90 a month, 1Go or 8Go. No in-between

whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anyome here replace the HD in their PS4? I am thinking about it and wondering if anyone has tips for a HD i should be looking for to put in? The articles ive been reading are all US based and im weeping at the price difference between HDs for can/us.

Yeah. Used the 2TB Seagate backup slim which got as low as $80 last Xmas. Super easy to take out of the shell and many youtubes showing how it's done.

stn

Hey all. How does Amazon provide pre-order DLC codes? Do they usually email them shortly after the game is released? I pre-ordered one game specifically because of the DLC. Thanks!

terrible

Banned
Hey all. How does Amazon provide pre-order DLC codes? Do they usually email them shortly after the game is released? I pre-ordered one game specifically because of the DLC. Thanks!

They often email me the code right after shipping the game. Not always the case though.

univbee

Sometimes they're a pack-in (inside the game's case), usually that's not the case and they send them by email, usually after the item ships unless it's for like early Beta access or something.

BadHand

Best Buy charged me for PS VR on Friday but still waiting for it to be shipped. Was hoping it would get shipped out in good time, CP never deliver on the "expected delivery date" for me.

krae_man

Got two separate packages today. One for Tomb Raider and one for one of those $50 PS4 controllers.

PS4 controller: Showed up in a bubble mailer
Tomb Raider: In a box.

LOL Best Buy.

killroy87

Anyone in Vancouver know what happens when Amazon's courier service fails to deliver (they couldn't get into my building, and I was in a meeting when they called)?

Do they simply try again the next day? Should I call them back?

Lexxism

Anyone in Vancouver know what happens when Amazon's courier service fails to deliver (they couldn't get into my building, and I was in a meeting when they called)?

Do they simply try again the next day? Should I call them back?
Check if they leave any note. They usually say what will happen next.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
fucking Bell changed their plans since the last time I checked, now it's either 55 a month or 90 a month, 1Go or 8Go. No in-between

whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Because they want you to pay for the 8 gig plan. lol

It's so fucked up that a 70 dollar plan from 6gig 4 years ago is considered a good deal now.

JSR_Cube

Got two separate packages today. One for Tomb Raider and one for one of those $50 PS4 controllers.

PS4 controller: Showed up in a bubble mailer
Tomb Raider: In a box.

LOL Best Buy.

My Tomb Raider showed up in a box too. Wonder if there is a change in their system for mailing games. This was a pretty big box too.

My Tomb Raider showed up in a box too. Wonder if there is a change in their system for mailing games. This was a pretty big box too.

I got Mafia 3 and tomb raider from BB today (shipped on different days) and mafia was in bubble mailer and TR in box.

I assume it's cause of the weird case TR is in.

Oneself

Well played Amazon. I didn't even contact them and they sent me an apology for the late shipping of ROTTR PS4 along with a 5$ giftcard applied directly to my account.

:)

farisr

Me too... a gigantic box considering the contents.
I just had this arrive from Amazon an hour ago:
amazonboxmksyt.png

(Tabletop TV mount/stand for the 4k HDR TV I plan on getting next month)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom