• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon sent me an invalid dlc code for DQ builders. Kinda figures after they prime dropped the base price to 63, then thought 20% of 63 was 4 dollars.

Kyolux

Really hoping amazon.ca ships my ps vr tonight or overnight so I can stop worrying about having it for Friday.

Oh, it was updated to "Being shipped today "!!

edit:
Credit Card transactions Visa ending in ####: October 11, 2016: CDN$ 0.00

Is that normal? I don't want to ask CSR and have them fuck up my order.

Tiktaalik

Man this dollar is killing me. DQB seems really good, but is it $80 good? Yikes.

Games like this would be instant buys for me at $59, but these high prices are really making me pause.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Man this dollar is killing me. DQB seems really good, but is it $80 good? Yikes.

Games like this would be instant buys for me at $59, but these high prices are really making me pause.

Still haven't bought a full-price $80 game yet... I've been tempted by Paper Mario Color Splash for a couple of weeks now, but $75 + taxes for a sequel to Sticker Star on a dying console is a bit much...

farisr

Gears 4 arrived, $22.58, day one. LOL. (stacked/glitched 30 + 30% discount being applied to $50)

Won't be able to play it till tomorrow though, cause friend who wants to play through it alongside me isn't free tonight.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've got to Act 2 Chapter 2 of Gears and holy fucking shit, you guys.
In Rod we trusted and he delivered. Fucking GOTY contender for sure, all the fights so far have been so memorable, story and characters are so intriguing.

In Rod we trusted and he delivered. Fucking GOTY contender for sure, all the fights so far have been so memorable, story and characters are so intriguing.

I doubt that it's gonna be better than DOOM(at least for me) but I can't wait to start it tonight!

kaiyo

Really hoping amazon.ca ships my ps vr tonight or overnight so I can stop worrying about having it for Friday.

Oh, it was updated to "Being shipped today "!!

edit:

Is that normal? I don't want to ask CSR and have them fuck up my order.
Where do you live? It can ship on the 12 and make it on the 13th if you live in a major city

Has anyone had their PSVR pre-order ship yet?

I have a core unit and bundle with Amazon Canada and both are sitting at October 21-28 as an estimated delivery date with no charges.

Kyolux

Where do you live? It can ship on the 12 and make it on the 13th if you live in a major city

Yeah, I receive stuff on the next day usually. I just want this out of the way. It's mostly my anxiety kicking in.

I have a core unit and bundle with Amazon Canada and both are sitting at October 21-28 as an estimated delivery date with no charges.

Mine says is shipping Today. But I'll believe it when I see it. No appearant charges, but it seemed like it charged "$0.00".

farisr

The one I have ordered from amazon initially said 21-28. But then when someone mentioned that they were able to get CSR to give them 20% off with Prime, I contacted them, they didn't do it, but I had them update the shipping speed to prime.

Currently says it's going to arrive by thursday, hasn't been shipped out yet and I haven't been charged for it either.

Best Buy charged my credit card for the one I have ordered from them on Sunday. Haven't shipped it out yet.

JSR_Cube

The one I have ordered from amazon initially said 21-28. But then when someone mentioned that they were able to get CSR to give them 20% off with Prime, I contacted them, they didn't do it, but I had them update the shipping speed to prime.

Currently says it's going to arrive by thursday, hasn't been shipped out yet and I haven't been charged for it either.

Best Buy charged my credit card for the one I have ordered from them on Sunday. Haven't shipped it out yet.

Same status for me on both of my orders too from Amazon and Best Buy

Sealtest

I really wish Canada Post would go back to using couriers in my area.

I'm now having to wait till 6-7pm for my packages because they decided to make the local mailmen deliver them after his route.

Picollus

Neo Member
Just received my 2014 Bestbuy E3 30% Rise of Tomb Raider for PS4.

At the time, bestbuy added ps4 slot before it was annonced as exclusive.

Fun to get games for 49$ !!! in 2016

kevin1025

Banned

Yep, campaign is awesome so far.

Multiplayer is making my blood boil and giving me flashbacks. Effing shotguns...

Alexlf

Just got charged for my PSVR, and the status has been changed to "shipping today". Now to compulsively refresh the order page until I get a tracking number.

SickBoy

I was really skeptical about Gears as someone who's generally really liked the series. But I'm on the last act now and I've been loving it. And it looks fantastic, too. I'm not really interested in the whole system war debate, but it's right up there with Uncharted for "ooh, that's purty" moments.

farisr

I was really skeptical about Gears as someone who's generally really liked the series. But I'm on the last act now and I've been loving it.
Sounds great. I've been skeptical too, especially since the demonstrations they've done didn't seem all that great to me. The reasons I kept my preorder were that I was getting it for $22, and that there's pretty much no big AAA splitscreen games these days on PS4/XB1.

Kyolux

Just got charged for my PSVR, and the status has been changed to "shipping today". Now to compulsively refresh the order page until I get a tracking number.

Amazon.ca, BB or somewhere else? Mine says shipping today, but doesn't look like I've been charged.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Amazon.ca, BB or somewhere else? Mine says shipping today, but doesn't look like I've been charged.
Make sure it says "today" instead of "soon" because I think these two specific phrases relate directly to their stock level. On Friday and Saturday my Gears 4 said "being shipped soon", then I learned about the lack of stock. Then on Monday on my new Gears 4 order it said "being shipped today", and it was actually shipped that same day.

Kyolux

Make sure it says "today" instead of "soon" because I think these two specific phrases relate directly to their stock level. On Friday and Saturday my Gears 4 said "being shipped soon", then I learned about the lack of stock. Then on Monday on my new Gears 4 order it said "being shipped today", and it was actually shipped that same day.

Depends where I look.

On the order list, it says shipping today, on the invoice it says shipping now.

My order said 20th-24th until I contacted CS today.

They said its basically an error and should come on the 13th. The site was also updated to say that.

It's has not yet been shipped. No charges either.

Eh, Seagate. Wouldn't touch that with a stolen 10 foot pole.

tbf, seagate now, on average, has fewer HDD failures than WD

drive-stats-2016-q1-failure-by-mfg.jpg

Sounds like you got the game!

Mine was delivered this morning before 10:30am but unfortunately Im at work and won't be able to play until tonight :(

Sealtest

Guess I wont be getting my packages today thanks Canada Post.

Looks like my mail man decided he didn't want to deliver anything else today.

Update - Showed up at 7:49 pm...

MikeyMike

Under my Gears of War 4 pre-order...

Arriving 20 Oct - 27 Oct

I've had the worst luck with my Amazon pre-orders lately... 3 last games came over 2 weeks late and I live in a major city.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Under my Gears of War 4 pre-order...

Arriving 20 Oct - 27 Oct

I've had the worst luck with my Amazon pre-orders lately... 3 last games came over 2 weeks late and I live in a major city.
It's cos they hold shit back unless you use a paid shipping method or Prime. I had to make a new Quantum Break and I think Uncharted 4 order on release day because it still hadn't shipped out.
Sleazy dirtbags.

kaiyo

Just got email from Amazon....

thought it was going to be about my PSVR shipping out.

but it's about delay of TLG to Dec... -__-

kevin1025

Banned
Ooo, potential Last Guardian early shipping. It now says it's shipping December 1st, so could possibly show up four days early!

Just got email from Amazon....

thought it was going to be about my PSVR shipping out.

but it's about delay of TLG to Dec... -__-

Got that too, haha, that's what made me go check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom