• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got email from Amazon....

thought it was going to be about my PSVR shipping out.

but it's about delay of TLG to Dec... -__-
Ha yup just got the same message says expected ship date is dec 2nd, is that right? I don;t even know when TLG comes out anymore

Do games come out on Friday now? Whatever happened to Tuesday releases?
Friday releases are still a rarity but Amazon likes to get things out on Friday so they don't actually have to pay for 2 day shipping.

Games like mafia coming out on a friday are few and far, the only exception to this is Nintendo loves friday/sunday releases for some reason.

kevin1025

Banned
I just noticed yeah, BF1, TF2, and CoD are all Friday releases. I wonder why. :/

Not quite sure, to be honest. It could be to keep big games from each other. But because the fall is swamped, it's just putting things in the middle of other things, haha. Plus it makes me nervous that things won't deliver properly and will get pushed to Monday.

Gitaroo

Under my Gears of War 4 pre-order...

Arriving 20 Oct - 27 Oct

I've had the worst luck with my Amazon pre-orders lately... 3 last games came over 2 weeks late and I live in a major city.

Same here, they are usually quick with big AAA title, but not gears. What I normally do is send them an email on thursday if they still havent ship and ask them what the hell is going on. Normally if Im lucky they will ship it out expedited and arrive on next monday.

farisr

Just got email from Amazon....

thought it was going to be about my PSVR shipping out.

but it's about delay of TLG to Dec... -__-
I got the same email, which didn't mention the game in the subject line. I was reading the first sentence "We wanted to let you know there's a delay" and I thought it was about the PSVR for a second. So glad it was just about TLG's release date.
My PSVR pre-order on Best Buy still says "In Progress" and hasn't charged me yet. Anyone else?
Same. Got charged on Sunday, all that's happened is the option to change shipping address or cancel the order have gone away, everything else is the same. But I suppose I live in the "1 day" shipping zone, so probably won't get a tracking number or anything until tomorrow.

On that note, I was really glad to find out that I qualify for Prime Same Day Shipping, even though technically, my house isn't in the GTA.

Same. Got charged on Sunday, all that's happened is the option to change shipping address or cancel the order have gone away, everything else is the same. But I suppose I live in the "1 day" shipping zone, so probably won't get a tracking number or anything until tomorrow.

Okay cool, I see now that I got charged back on the 9th by checking PayPal. It doesn't say it on the Best Buy order page. Fingers crossed it gets shipped out tomorrow!

Naite

Any recommended places for Canadian PSN cards that e-mail the code after purchase? PSN has given me the dreaded invalid credit card error on both my credit card and paypal accounts.

Kyolux

Any recommended places for Canadian PSN cards that e-mail the code after purchase? PSN has given me the dreaded invalid credit card error on both my credit card and paypal accounts.

Maybe costco? Otherwise, you could try some convenience stores sometimes have some.

Madness

Damn Amazon still showing my Gears as shipping October 27th. Been preordered for over a year and half. Their shipping really does suck.

Madness

Contacted Amazon support, they gave me a $5 dollar promotional credit and said sorry these are the shipping times. October 20th to October 27th is inexcusable especially since Amazon canada western warehouse and Canada post sort center maybe 20 mins away at most. 9-16 days after launch is just messed.

big_z

Contacted Amazon support, they gave me a $5 dollar promotional credit and said sorry these are the shipping times. October 29th to October 27th is inexcusable especially since Amazon canada western warehouse and Canada post sort center maybe 20 mins away at most. 9-16 days after launch is just messed.

Did they ship your order? I'm in the same boat, preordered in 2015 and it still hasn't shipped even though it's in stock and available for one day shipping. Amazon is such garbage in Canada.

Contacted Amazon support, they gave me a $5 dollar promotional credit and said sorry these are the shipping times. October 29th to October 27th is inexcusable especially since Amazon canada western warehouse and Canada post sort center maybe 20 mins away at most. 9-16 days after launch is just messed.
i should do that, my shipping has gone to hell with them.

Madness

Did they ship your order? I'm in the same boat, preordered in 2015 and it still hasn't shipped even though it's in stock and available for one day shipping. Amazon is such garbage in Canada.

Nope. Said that they apologize but the shipping delivery dates are due to the speed you chose. Means they are purposely holding back.

i should do that, my shipping has gone to hell with them.

Yup. No guarantees they can do anything thiugh. Gears 4, Mass Effect Andromeda are some of the few games I have left. Once these are done, they can kiss my video game preordering business gooodbye for future purchases.

big_z

Nope. Said that they apologize but the shipping delivery dates are due to the speed you chose. Means they are purposely holding back.

Yup. No guarantees they can do anything thiugh. Gears 4, Mass Effect Andromeda are some of the few games I have left. Once these are done, they can kiss my video game preordering business gooodbye for future purchases.

Dude that's bullshit, did you contact them by online chat? The game should ship on release at the latest regardless of shipping speed. Hell I can order it right now with the same shipping option I originally used and receive it before my preorders copy will even be shipped. Bestbuy had this figured out years ago, wtf Amazon!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I noticed shit coming much faster after I upgraded to Prime and got people to switch my orders to Prime shipping. It's crazy how naked their upselling is. lol

Is Live Gold worth it if I'm only after the free one games and deals with gold
For what it's worth, Gold gives "real" games instead of the indie crap that Sony gives out. Whether you want those games is a whole other issue, but if you are in it just for the games, then Gold is a better value than Plus.

tiijj

Dude that's bullshit, did you contact them by online chat? The game should ship on release at the latest regardless of shipping speed. Hell I can order it right now with the same shipping option I originally used and receive it before my preorders copy will even be shipped. Bestbuy had this figured out years ago, wtf Amazon!

It used to be like that but in the past year or so, they dispatched it the day or two before the estimated delivery date.

The shipping speed is not really the speed of the shipping (99% of the time) but it is the processing and dispatching priority.

antibolo

Banned

I use pcgamesupply.com whenever PSN decides to be a dick and refusing my PayPal account for no fucking reason (which is happening more and more these days, based Sony).

In my experience they're the only site that sells Canadian PSN funds
1) At face value
2) With immediate delivery

Costco sells slightly under face value but their delivery is not immediate, so fuck them.

Amazon are crooks, nowadays if you don't pay for Prime they just sit on your orders to create artificial delays.

Well, I'm an idiot and weak. I couldn't stop thinking about how cool looking the Dawn Shadow controller is, so I went to Walmart and bought it this morning. My mind kept obsessing over it.

Thankfully, it was less than it was at EB ($69.99, the same price as a basic controller, instead of $79.99), but it was still a waste.

I just noticed yeah, BF1, TF2, and CoD are all Friday releases. I wonder why. :/

Yeah I'm really not happy with so many titles releasing on Fridays. I think Skyrim is another one. This pretty much guarantees not getting games for a few days since Canada Post is garbage, as is Amazon.

Kyolux

Well, I'm an idiot and weak. I couldn't stop thinking about how cool looking the Dawn Shadow controller is, so I went to Walmart and bought it this morning. My mind kept obsessing over it.

Thankfully, it was less than it was at EB ($69.99, the same price as a basic controller, instead of $79.99), but it was still a waste.

Can't wait for next week where you'll tell us how you finally got around to returning it. :)

Bestbuy PSVR has a tracking number now (Purolator)

Amazon PSVR is preparing for shipment and arrives by Thursday at 8.

Yeah, My amazon PSVR order has been in preparing for shipment since yesterday night, it still says they'll deliver by tomorrow but I have my doubts since they haven't even shipped yet.

farisr

Nice. Best Buy has shipped it out (or at least have a tracking number now).

But looks like for that 10% off deal they applied a flat discount after tax was charged, using the pre-tax price. Will probably need to contact them if that's how it shows up on my credit card. Difference of $9 there.

m23

Gears 4 arrived, $22.58, day one. LOL. (stacked/glitched 30 + 30% discount being applied to $50)

Won't be able to play it till tomorrow though, cause friend who wants to play through it alongside me isn't free tonight.

Wow, insane price. I managed to get it for $45 tax included.

$50 less prime 20% discount.

Ryde3

Gears 4 arrived, $22.58, day one. LOL. (stacked/glitched 30 + 30% discount being applied to $50)

Won't be able to play it till tomorrow though, cause friend who wants to play through it alongside me isn't free tonight.

lol, so I see your 22.58, and raise you FREE!

my 2015 E3 pre-order stalled for whatever reason, so I got into a chat yesterday. Long story short the CS rep said place a new order, and I wanted to make sure my discounts stuck, so I explained the 30% + the 20% Prime (was promised the Prime would apply retroactively by another CS rep last week.) After explaining, he says yes I can do that and I said okay let me know when to look at the adjustment on my new order.

This guy made it zero dollars and said sorry for the trouble! Why would I shop anywhere else?

I also bought an ultimate edition code for 70$ so I'm going to try and unload this copy for 70$ and keep it pushing. Wasn't even going to share this story but why not. My biggest win this year!

farisr

lol, so I see your 22.58, and raise you FREE!

my 2015 E3 pre-order stalled for whatever reason, so I got into a chat yesterday. Long story short the CS rep said place a new order, and I wanted to make sure my discounts stuck, so I explained the 30% + the 20% Prime (was promised the Prime would apply retroactively by another CS rep last week.) After explaining, he says yes I can do that and I said okay let me know when to look at the adjustment on my new order.

This guy made it zero dollars and said sorry for the trouble! Why would I shop anywhere else?

I also bought an ultimate edition code for 70$ so I'm going to try and unload this copy for 70$ and keep it pushing. Wasn't even going to share this story but why not. My biggest win this year!
LOL, nice. Damn lucky.

Kyolux

My PS VR hasn't been updated since it got the shipped status yesterday evening.

Only update I've had so far is this.

Electronic information submitted by shipper.

They either skipped scanning or lost it I guess? Or they're being extra slow?

CSR said it isn't lost and will be there by 8pm tomorrow. But that's just telling me what their site is telling me. Not very useful.

BadHand

I took Friday off so I don't care so much if it isn't here by tomorrow.

Only think that worries me is that if purolator don't knock, and just run away as fast as they can after putting the sticker on the door. I can't get it until Monday.

Canadian Gaming Discussion Thread 8: Assuming Direct Control(ler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom