• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Mine is still stuck. I called Canada Post and they said they still don't have it. It's been about 24 hours ffs...

Edit: Amazon support is on phone with CP.

I see that the carrier are pretty assured that the order will be there for the delivery by tomorrow
The carrier has apologized for the delay in the delivery, however, be assured that the item will be with you by tomorrow

They gave me another $5 for it.

Almost feel bad about this.

eyesradar

anyone knows if there is a midnight release for the coming pokemon games in GTA?

I know the EB in Oakville Place used to do it all the time but I asked this time they said there will be none since NOA wants at lease 300 preorders to have a midnight release something like that...

Any recommended places for Canadian PSN cards that e-mail the code after purchase? PSN has given me the dreaded invalid credit card error on both my credit card and paypal accounts.

Check PCgamesupply.

Ordered from there many times, codes become available within minutes.

i-Jest

So if I pre-ordered games before getting Prime do I still get the discount on release day?

If your referring to E3 discount and the Prime discount stacking, I'm under the impression its hit and miss for people. If your in Toronto I believe prime shipping does get you your stuff day 1, or so I've read.

kaiyo

Got my shipping notification email for both Bestbuy and Amazon on the PSVR.
Went to Canada Post to pick up my phone + free headphones shipped from UK last Thurs. Didn't get hit with taxes =D

kaiyo

Got my shipping notification email for both Bestbuy and Amazon on the PSVR.
Went to Canada Post to pick up my phone + free headphones shipped from UK last Thurs. Didn't get hit with taxes =D

Looks like amazon is shipping using their own courier. Dam, that means if no one is home can't pick it up at a local store.

BadWolf

Thinking of getting a BenQ projector instead of a TV, is it better to wait for a black Friday deal or whatever or does stuff like this not go on sale usually (in which case I would just buy it now)?

Sealtest

speaking of delays did Shantae half genie hero also get delayed again? Just got an email from amazon saying December 13th now

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
speaking of delays did Shantae half genie hero also get delayed again? Just got an email from amazon saying December 13th now
Update on Release Date

First things first – we are going to have to adjust our Target Release Date, moving it back from our 9/27 Target Release date by about 6 weeks, give or take. We know this will disappoint some of you, but we feel that it’s necessary to take that extra time for bug fixing and adding additional polish. We know you want the final product to be excellent and so do we! Thanks for your patience and support as we approach the finish line!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1669641

Kyolux

$5 and a free prime month extension later.. my tracking for PS VR is still not being updated.

One of the CSR did call Canada Post allegedly. They're assuring me it's gonna be there by end of day Today. I really hope it is.

I'm starting to think I should go and try to grab one at a store this morning.

Hard to take them seriously when they say my unshipped Battlezone will be here Today when it hasn't shipped.

kaiyo

My PSVRs are out for delivery, hopefully someone is home to accept the package. Especially the amazon one.

Amazon just made the delivery before I left my house

Endy MacK

I just signed up for a Prime trial. I currently have Battlefield 1 pre-ordered at the E3 $49.98 price. Does anyone know, if I switch shipping from free standard to free same day, will it revoke my E3 price?

Also....any chance I'll get the additional 20% off that $49.98 price? :D

kaiyo

I just signed up for a Prime trial. I currently have Battlefield 1 pre-ordered at the E3 $49.98 price. Does anyone know, if I switch shipping from free standard to free same day, will it revoke my E3 price?

There no sameday for preorders, but you can switch to prime two day.

No.

You'll probably need to contact a CSR to get your pre-order switched to free Prime shipping; if you try to do it via the website it acts as if you don't have Prime and will charge you for two-day shipping.

There's no same-day shipping on pre-orders, but Amazon says their two-day shipping is guaranteed for release day arrival on pre-orders. As this thread should already illustrate, YMMV.

Kyolux

I'm having trust issues with canada post right now. With them not updating the tracking. I think I'm gonna try my luck with the best buy opening at 10 over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom