• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endy MacK

-SG

I'm having trust issues with canada post right now. With them not updating the tracking. I think I'm gonna try my luck with the best buy opening at 10 over here.

They delivered my most recent purchase to another province so I am also having trust issues... Still haven't been able to resolve that one and Canada Post are basically telling me I can't do anything without the sender initiating an investigation.

Kyolux

They delivered my most recent purchase to another province so I am also having trust issues... Still haven't been able to resolve that one and Canada Post are basically telling me I can't do anything without the sender initiating an investigation.

Well, I'm home with a core from Best Buy. Will have to return the amazon one either to Best Buy or Amazon.

Seik

Banned
Just got River City Ransom 3DS from VGP.

I should've read about the game first, the disappointment on my fucking face when I saw the story mode wasn't multiplayer...damn.

Thanks for the info. I may contact them, or just leave it as is.

I would highly suggest contacting them to change from Free to Prime shipping. In my experience there is a huge difference in delivery times between the two. There are also some titles for pre order that on checkout will tell you which shipping option to use if you want same day delivery.

khaaan

Get a $10 gift card when you spend $40 or more at chapters. Excludes gift cards and Lego (and American Girl, if you're into that).

Might grab an artbook or two.

Edit: Gift card only valid from October 24-October 30 :/

lupinko

Oh if anyone wants Japanese PSN Yen for Summer Lesson we can definitely work something out.

I live in Japan.The game is all in Japanese duh, but it seems to be one of the games that takes advantage of VR based on the GAF thread.

kaiyo

Oh if anyone wants Japanese PSN Yen for Summer Lesson we can definitely work something out.

I live in Japan.The game is all in Japanese duh, but it seems to be one of the games that takes advantage of VR based on the GAF thread.

I hope it gets localized maybe next spring/summer? Lol

suikodan

Just got River City Ransom 3DS from VGP.

I should've read about the game first, the disappointment on my fucking face when I saw the story mode wasn't multiplayer...damn.

The disappointment about the game overall. I'm selling it today :p

Still need to get some yen for it, cards are kinda expensive on Play Asia.

Cmagus

Just a heads up Best Buy Canada has had some standard PSVR bundles up for awhile now if you're looking to grab one I've been checking the last hour and they still have them.

Maddog

Get a $10 gift card when you spend $40 or more at chapters. Excludes gift cards and Lego (and American Girl, if you're into that).

Might grab an artbook or two.

Edit: Gift card only valid from October 24-October 30 :/

I think you only get the giftcard if you shop in store which is often more expensive than the website so check prices before buying because it might not be worth it.

SickBoy

I'm not sure how accurately their stock checker accounts for preorders and such, but certainly looks like EB Games is flush with core and bundle packages across the country.

Everyone's waiting for NX news before committing their money ;)

Tik-Tok

So I bought two used playstation move controllers form EB. They won't charge. They don't have any more used ones in stock at the store. Is it wishful thinking to think they would exchange them for new ones?

Their policy says:

Opened new or used merchandise may be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase and cannot be returned for a refund.

So I bought two used playstation move controllers form EB. They won't charge. They don't have any more used ones in stock at the store. Is it wishful thinking to think they would exchange them for new ones?

Their policy says:

Opened new or used merchandise may be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase and cannot be returned for a refund.

Hmm

was this bought in store? maybe you should talk to the manager and explain the situation. Maybe they will be considerate since they're selling move controllers from when they first came out 8 years ago to VR customers.

Man, that dawn shadow controller is beautiful. (Opened it.)

PSVR is awfully tempting, but almost $1000 is too rich for my blood for something that may just end up being a gimmick.

Sealtest

Dipped into my NX fund and bought the PSVR... gaf is such a bad influence sometimes.

But my god its beautiful

Was anyone else told you can't return these at best buy and they'd only exchange it if its defective. I thought they allowed console/acc~ returns.

kevin1025

Banned
If you already have a PS4 I'd definitely go for the 1060, assuming your GPU is 3+ years old.

I sold my PS4 last month to go for the Pro. It's the slight tipping point because of all the cool exclusives coming, but the price difference between card and console is also starting to become a factor. My current GPU is the HD7870, it's now barely the minimum on everything, haha.

Madness

After 2 hours with amazon customer support. They cancelled my preorder and reordered all games with 1 day shipping and the 30 percent e3 preorder promotion applied. Ended up with it being ten dollars cheaper and assured Gears will come Monday and that future games like Mass Effect will be $49.99 with free 1 day ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom