• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Any recommended places for Canadian PSN cards that e-mail the code after purchase? PSN has given me the dreaded invalid credit card error on both my credit card and paypal accounts.

Yeah I'm getting that now too, and I have zero idea why. Purchases still work if I do it through the PS4 itself, but I can't get the website to work through any means. If I try to re-enter my CC info on the site, it just gives me a "please enter a valid CC number" error. It's suuuuuper obnoxious.

Stage On

So much for waiting for Atelier Sophie to have a price drop. Best buy has moved it to final clearance so If I want a physical copy I guess I'll have to pay full price. I'm not sure what to do since the idea of paying $80 for a game is making me feel sick.

kaiyo

My PS VR hasn't been updated since it got the shipped status yesterday evening.

Only update I've had so far is this.

They either skipped scanning or lost it I guess? Or they're being extra slow?

CSR said it isn't lost and will be there by 8pm tomorrow. But that's just telling me what their site is telling me. Not very useful.
Means the courier didn't pick it up yet.

My Bestbuy launch bundle got tracking number but the core didn't yet.

So much for waiting for Atelier Sophie to have a price drop. Best buy has moved it to final clearance so If I want a physical copy I guess I'll have to pay full price. I'm not sure what to do since the idea of paying $80 for a game is making me feel sick.

just wait for it to be cheap on psn, its already $10 less than the price at bestbuy

terrible

Banned
lol, so I see your 22.58, and raise you FREE!

my 2015 E3 pre-order stalled for whatever reason, so I got into a chat yesterday. Long story short the CS rep said place a new order, and I wanted to make sure my discounts stuck, so I explained the 30% + the 20% Prime (was promised the Prime would apply retroactively by another CS rep last week.) After explaining, he says yes I can do that and I said okay let me know when to look at the adjustment on my new order.

This guy made it zero dollars and said sorry for the trouble! Why would I shop anywhere else?

I also bought an ultimate edition code for 70$ so I'm going to try and unload this copy for 70$ and keep it pushing. Wasn't even going to share this story but why not. My biggest win this year!

I thought my copy was "free" because I didn't see any charged on my card for it yet. This morning I figured I'd look at the detailed order invoice and I guess I had a $50 gift card on the order that I had forgot about and that is what was used to buy it. Oops.

Call of Duty for the past few years has always had a one day price drop to about 60-65 bucks a month or two before release. This was good for people that preordered during E3 because it makes the game even cheaper due to the overlap.

So far there has not been a one day sale for Cod Infinite and with the game coming out in a few weeks it looks unlikely.

:(

Kyolux

Means the courier didn't pick it up yet.

My Bestbuy launch bundle got tracking number but the core didn't yet.

I got a tracking number. To me it seems more like they skipped scanning them when they picked it up. At least going by what CSR said. Doesn't make sense that they would have created the tracking # yesterday and 22 hours later it wouldn't have moved.

BadHand

I got a tracking number. To me it seems more like they skipped scanning them when they picked it up. At least going by what CSR said. Doesn't make sense that they would have created the tracking # yesterday and 22 hours later it wouldn't have moved.

BestBuy create the tracking number when they create the shipping label. CP update the tracking (via scanning the shipping label) when they pick up the order from BB.

Imagine those paying that for Eve: Valkyrie, they will feel sick buying AND playing it.

Kyolux

Imagine those paying that for Eve: Valkyrie, they will feel sick buying AND playing it.

Thanks $20 amazon.com pricing error. :)

So now my tracking # just doesn't exist anymore on canada post. Way to make me anxious... (edit: back to what it was.. I guess they're having issues.)

bryt

Dammit, why is Blazblue Centralfiction $80 on PSN. I like my fighting games to be digital but it's only $65 on Amazon.

I guess since bestbuy hasnt really shipped any PSVR yet, no one will get it before the weekend right?

Is their distribution center in Mississauga? maybe if you live really close by.

Oneself

First time I have trouble with amazon's shipping (on pre-orders) and they've been handling the situation like, well, the best CS would do.

I never contacted them about it and they gave me a 5$ gift card yesterday and told me / apologize for the delay. Today, they refund the shipping fees (2days shipping), again entirely on their own.

Using the tracking number, I should get it today or tomorrow (1-2 days late).

Kyolux

Same thing with amazon, they printed the label say at 8pm but courier doesn't pick up until next day at say 4pm or when ever

Maybe. But it's been about 24 hours now. And I usually get stuff shipped way faster with Amazon than that, especially with prime.

Well the COD IW beta is coming out in a few days, and apparently Amazon Canada won't be handing out beta keys for people who pre-ordered the game (correct me if I'm wrong here, but this was all over reddit).

Anyone know if Amazon USA (amazon.com) hands out these sort of codes to international customers? Checked the last few pages and I didn't see anything related to the beta that's coming out.

UberTag

Well the COD IW beta is coming out in a few days, and apparently Amazon Canada won't be handing out beta keys for people who pre-ordered the game (correct me if I'm wrong here, but this was all over reddit).

Anyone know if Amazon USA (amazon.com) hands out these sort of codes to international customers? Checked the last few pages and I didn't see anything related to the beta that's coming out.
Any word on whether Best Buy Canada is playing ball on this?

Shoeless

Maybe. But it's been about 24 hours now. And I usually get stuff shipped way faster with Amazon than that, especially with prime.

I just got my notification from Amazon that my headset has shipped and is in transit. Got a tracking number and everything.

I'm not with Prime, I just placed a normal order and then paid a little bit more for two day/same day shipping. But, I do live in the GTA/GHA area, so I expect it really will show up at my door sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Moltenix

What's the best deal in Canada currently for ps4s?

If you want a fancy new slim, Best Buy has the Uncharted 4 one bundled with Overwatch for 379.99 until tomorrow.

We'll probably see something better for Black Friday if you don't mind waiting. I'm hoping for like U4 Bundle at 350 and 2 games before getting mine.

So, I bought a copy of River City: Tokyo Rumble 3DS (with the keychain) from amazon.com through DealTavern at the beginning of the month.

I checked UPS and its been transferred to the local post office for delivery.

In Fontana, California. I'm in Toronto.

So far, this is the day that just keeps on giving. Can't wait for what happens next.

Kyolux

I just got my notification from Amazon that my headset has shipped and is in transit. Got a tracking number and everything.

I'm not with Prime, I just placed a normal order and then paid a little bit more for two day/same day shipping. But, I do live in the GTA/GHA area, so I expect it really will show up at my door sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Yeah I got that yesterday. I have my tracking infos. It's just been idle for a whole day.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any deals for the rest of us plebs who arent getting a PSVR?

Kyolux

I would imagine that if you're on Prime anyway then it's probably just being held up on the checkpoint system somewhere. If you got your shipping notification as early as yesterday, it must have moved by now.

Yeah, it's just a bit nerve-wracking. I hope they're not holding it until they're ready to ship Rigs and Battlezone.

Kyolux

It's doubtful that'll be a serious issue. I didn't order any games, I just bought them off the PSN and downloaded them.

I wasn't going to. But then the 20% prime stuff kicked in last week or two weeks ago? It made me reconsider for some games. Also they gave me a $10 when I asked a question.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah I'm getting that now too, and I have zero idea why. Purchases still work if I do it through the PS4 itself, but I can't get the website to work through any means. If I try to re-enter my CC info on the site, it just gives me a "please enter a valid CC number" error. It's suuuuuper obnoxious.
It was doing that to me and a few other people last week when we tried to buy Mafia 3 digitally.

Yeah I got that yesterday. I have my tracking infos. It's just been idle for a whole day.
I'm tracking a few different items through Canada Post and they've all been idle in Mississauga all day despite being picked up last night at 7:30pm, so I wonder if something is up with their tracking

Reich

My order just shipped with Canada Post from BC.

Can I change the Shipping & Handling in the process?

I shoulve take Express Shipping.

They might be a bit delayed in handing out tracking numbers. I just got mine 20 mins ago, but the tracking info says it started shipping about 5 hours ago.

I hope this the case, at this point I believe I am the only one with an Amazon pre-order that hasn't been shipped.

antibolo

Banned
I'm pretty sure that shipping times are directly proportional to how far one is located from the closest distribution center.

If you're within the same metropolitan area as the distribution center I don't think you should be worrying about your PSVR not being shipped yet. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom