• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I sold my PS4 last month to go for the Pro. It's the slight tipping point because of all the cool exclusives coming, but the price difference between card and console is also starting to become a factor. My current GPU is the HD7870, it's now barely the minimum on everything, haha.
Yo could get the 1060 now, save the difference, add to that over the next 6-12 months and get the Pro on a sale, like next Black Friday.

Naite

Late reply, but thanks for everyone that recommended pcgamesupply for psn cards. Like I expected, the issue with my cc/paypal on my psn account still isn't working, but this is a good enough alternative for me.

kevin1025

Banned
Yo could get the 1060 now, save the difference, add to that over the next 6-12 months and get the Pro on a sale, like next Black Friday.

I ended up watching some Horizon and Last Guardian footage and have fallen back in line with the Pro! Plus with all of the Amazon pre-orders it would seriously hurt to cancel all of those, since most PC deals would actually cost a little more than the Amazon ones.

Not to mention the crazy backlog I have sitting on my account, leaving it there with half-finished games feels like it'd be a waste!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I ended up watching some Horizon and Last Guardian footage and have fallen back in line with the Pro! Plus with all of the Amazon pre-orders it would seriously hurt to cancel all of those, since most PC deals would actually cost a little more than the Amazon ones.

Not to mention the crazy backlog I have sitting on my account, leaving it there with half-finished games feels like it'd be a waste!
Yea then just get a 1160 next year.

After 2 hours with amazon customer support. They cancelled my preorder and reordered all games with 1 day shipping and the 30 percent e3 preorder promotion applied. Ended up with it being ten dollars cheaper and assured Gears will come Monday and that future games like Mass Effect will be $49.99 with free 1 day ship.

On what basis? I'm confused.

big_z

After 2 hours with amazon customer support. They cancelled my preorder and reordered all games with 1 day shipping and the 30 percent e3 preorder promotion applied. Ended up with it being ten dollars cheaper and assured Gears will come Monday and that future games like Mass Effect will be $49.99 with free 1 day ship.

How did you manage this? I spent over an hour yesterday simply asking why my order hasn't even left the warehouse. First person was useless, clearly choosing not to understand the situation.
Second person, a supervisor, I asked if I placed an order for gears today with standard shipping if it would ship today and he said yes Amazon has stock at the warehouse near me. Then I asked why my order that I placed 16 months ago isn't set to ship for a week and he took a good 10 minutes to check only to come back and say everything looks fine and not to worry. No matter what I said they avoid the question/situation.

Madness

How did you manage this? I spent over an hour yesterday simply asking why my order hasn't even left the warehouse. First person was useless, clearly choosing not to understand the situation.
Second person, a supervisor, I asked if I placed an order for gears today with standard shipping if it would ship today and he said yes Amazon has stock at the warehouse near me. Then I asked why my order that I placed 16 months ago isn't set to ship for a week and he took a good 10 minutes to check only to come back and say everything looks fine and not to worry. No matter what I said they avoid the question/situation.

3 different reps. 1 just disconnected for no reason. Another said oh I am a different amazon support let me get Canada despite it saying so and so from Amazon.ca and whatnot and being on Amazon.ca and then finally I got one guy who took a long long time. Spoke with his supervisor. He could not determine what went wrong with the order or why it was not shipping. He said there is something preventing the order from moving into shipping or final order status. Some error or unforeseen circumstance over and over. He kept trying to get me to cancel my order so he could create new one, apply 30% off and did and gave me 1 day ship for all future orders of games already ordered.

In the end, I get Gears monday now, and Mass Effect and whatnot guaranteed 1 day ship and ten dollars less than what I originally had. But only issue is, he made Mass Effect 55.99 based on 30% off of 79.99 and then gave me $10 off so it sits at 45.99 before tax. But lets say tomorrow game goes down to 59.99 price error, $49.99 whatnot. Everyone else will get it for 30% off of 49.99 but he did say if I find out price went below $79.99 I could request adjustment. It is all a shitshow. Keep at it. We've preordered the games for years and they're purposely not shipping. Guy even said he sees that copies are in stock waiting to be shipped out and that there are no supply issues.

He only gave me some warbird gnasher pack now as it is no longer a preorder. Don't know if I will get zombie dom or the gold weapons.

Cynar

Dipped into my NX fund and bought the PSVR... gaf is such a bad influence sometimes.

But my god its beautiful

Was anyone else told you can't return these at best buy and they'd only exchange it if its defective. I thought they allowed console/acc~ returns.
Not for things you wear. Once you crack that box open it's yours.

teeg

He only gave me some warbird gnasher pack now as it is no longer a preorder. Don't know if I will get zombie dom or the gold weapons.

I ordered from Amazon and I only received a code for the Warbird Gnasher Pack. Are the Zombie Dom and Gold Weapons automatically added by playing it near launch? The only code packed in the game was the codes for Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement.

Did anyone who ordered Gears of War 4 from Amazon get the Zombie Dom and Gold Weapons DLC?

Madness

Magically after Amazon recreated the order with 2 day shipping, Amazon processed and shipped my order at 10:28 pm PST just 3 hours after speaking to the customer service rep and it is already out for delivery as of 7 am today. So they probably saw that it was a literal case of a 20 minute process and ship from Annacis Island warehouse to Richmond CP sort facility etc. I am not ordering any more games from Amazon, especially multiplayer. Price savings not worth it if they are purposely going to sit on the game and delay launch for upto 3 weeks later just because you didn't have Prime or opt for the $20 dollar shipping fee.

I ordered from Amazon and I only received a code for the Warbird Gnasher Pack. Are the Zombie Dom and Gold Weapons automatically added by playing it near launch? The only code packed in the game was the codes for Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement.

Did anyone who ordered Gears of War 4 from Amazon get the Zombie Dom and Gold Weapons DLC?

Yeah you should have gotten them already. It even says contact retailer on the Xbox page announcing this. Who knows. Retailer specific preorder bonuses have always been messed. Whether it is employees forgetting to print the codes on receipt, taking them for themselves or just not even knowing or keeping track.

BadWolf

Ended up buying the BenQ projector I mentioned on the previous page, along with a 100 inch screen.

I've been watching movies and playing games on a 23 inch monitor for the past 6+ years so this should be quite the upgrade lol, can't wait.

JSR_Cube

I am done with Amazon. I got my PSVR but I upgraded the shipping as I am a Prime member about a week ago. Yesterday, I get the notice that DriveClub, Until Dawn and Rigs are all pushed back now. I talked to the CS rep and they said because I upgraded shipping, I lost my place in line in the preorders and now I'm screwed. I talked the supervisor as well and she was just as useless. What a joke. I upgrade the shipping and now I get the items weeks later? Would have been nice if someone told me that when they changed the shipping. They also lied to me twice. One said the items were going to ship on launch day and then the next one said that everything was fine with my order when I double checked.

How does a company suck so terribly?

Endy MacK

I would highly suggest contacting them to change from Free to Prime shipping. In my experience there is a huge difference in delivery times between the two. There are also some titles for pre order that on checkout will tell you which shipping option to use if you want same day delivery.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. I don't want to be waiting a week if I can help it.

Has anyone had luck getting 20% off their $49.98 Battlefield 1? I'm not sure if it should qualify or not, as it technically doesn't already have a discount applied.

Cynar

I am done with Amazon. I got my PSVR but I upgraded the shipping as I am a Prime member about a week ago. Yesterday, I get the notice that DriveClub, Until Dawn and Rigs are all pushed back now. I talked to the CS rep and they said because I upgraded shipping, I lost my place in line in the preorders and now I'm screwed. I talked the supervisor as well and she was just as useless. What a joke. I upgrade the shipping and now I get the items weeks later? Would have been nice if someone told me that when they changed the shipping. They also lied to me twice. One said the items were going to ship on launch day and then the next one said that everything was fine with my order when I double checked.

How does a company suck so terribly?
I don't know. We've been telling people that Prime only affects the orders while you make them with prime. It's not retroactive. It does make sense to me having worked retail that then modifying your orders or probably possibly cancelling them to accommodate your request would mess with your position in queue. Situation sucks but they bent over backwards for you when they really shouldn't have.

N° 2048

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. I don't want to be waiting a week if I can help it.

Has anyone had luck getting 20% off their $49.98 Battlefield 1? I'm not sure if it should qualify or not, as it technically doesn't already have a discount applied.

I tried they said they'd get back to me in 48 hours max and that was like last week.
Still haven't heard from them.

Endy MacK

I tried they said they'd get back to me in 48 hours max and that was like last week.
Still haven't heard from them.

Hmm, that's annoying. Seems like a silly thing to take 48-hours to answer.

You should post here if you do get a reply. I'm sure we are not the only ones wondering :)

Savitar

When there is a decent price and some decent games out there I might jump into the VR bandwagon, but as it stands...meh, feels too demo ish.

But it is a step towards something better down the road one day.

farisr

Did anyone get their 10% back at BB for their WTPREORDER discount code on PSVR yet?
Nope. Also, be on the lookout for if they gave you a proper 10% off or not.

Checking the receipt, they gave me a flat $70 off after they had charged taxes (which means I paid $9 extra). Unless the receipt is wrong and I get $79 back on my credit card, I'll be contacting them once it shows up on my statement.

Nope. Also, be on the lookout for if they gave you a proper 10% off or not.

Checking the receipt, they gave me a flat $70 off after they had charged taxes (which means I paid $9 extra). Unless the receipt is wrong and I get $79 back on my credit card, I'll be contacting them once it shows up on my statement.

Credit is usually before tax on the invoice if it under the total price and labeled as "Discount"

EX1: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess amiibo bundle I got a 20$ (30% off) discount and received 20$+tx on my credit card.
EX2: The fire emblem fates LE I got a 20$ (20% off) discount and received 20$+tx.
EX3: The bravely default LE I got 22$ discount and received 22$+tx. (not sure why 22$ instead of 20$ in this case)
(Got these discounts because they were eligible for some 20%-30% off discount at some point).

farisr

Credit is usually before tax on the invoice if it under the total price and labeled as "Discount"

EX1: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess amiibo bundle I got a 20$ (30% off) discount and received 20$+tx on my credit card.
EX2: The fire emblem fates LE I got a 20$ (20% off) discount and received 20$+tx.
EX3: The bravely default LE I got 22$ discount and received 22$+tx. (not sure why 22$ instead of 20$ in this case)
(Got these discounts because they were eligible for some 20%-30% off discount at some point).
Yes, usually it is. But this promotion was added after the order was made and is being handled differently, by Best Buy. They said initially they will charge the full amount for the headset, and 3-5 business days later, a refund for the discounted amount will be given. Depending on how the reps applied the discount, as it seems like they were doing it manually, they may very well have not included tax in the discount and are giving a flat discount instead.

We'll find out when the actual refund is made, but the way the receipt shows the discount, I really don't think it's taking tax into account.

Mine were also added post-order, by someone telling me via email: "We have added the X$ credit to the order #Y".

On the invoice it shows as:
nQ351I8.png

and on my credit card it shows as a 22.99$ refund 3-5 days after the order has shipped (just double check my credit card for my 3 previous claims).

farisr

Just saw this, LOL:
frequentlyboughttoget7lsq9.png

Mine were also added post-order, by someone telling me via email: "We have added the X$ credit to the order #Y".

On the invoice it shows as:
nQ351I8.png

and on my credit card it shows as a 22.99$ refund 3-5 days after the order has shipped (just double check my credit card for my 3 previous claims).
Okay, that's a relief. Glad I won't have to call them. Thanks for the info.

3 different reps. 1 just disconnected for no reason. Another said oh I am a different amazon support let me get Canada despite it saying so and so from Amazon.ca and whatnot and being on Amazon.ca and then finally I got one guy who took a long long time. Spoke with his supervisor. He could not determine what went wrong with the order or why it was not shipping. He said there is something preventing the order from moving into shipping or final order status. Some error or unforeseen circumstance over and over. He kept trying to get me to cancel my order so he could create new one, apply 30% off and did and gave me 1 day ship for all future orders of games already ordered.

In the end, I get Gears monday now, and Mass Effect and whatnot guaranteed 1 day ship and ten dollars less than what I originally had. But only issue is, he made Mass Effect 55.99 based on 30% off of 79.99 and then gave me $10 off so it sits at 45.99 before tax. But lets say tomorrow game goes down to 59.99 price error, $49.99 whatnot. Everyone else will get it for 30% off of 49.99 but he did say if I find out price went below $79.99 I could request adjustment. It is all a shitshow. Keep at it. We've preordered the games for years and they're purposely not shipping. Guy even said he sees that copies are in stock waiting to be shipped out and that there are no supply issues.

Hmm now that you mention it my Gears 4 copy is still in shipping limbo, said to ship today but it still has not moved at all, and it also has 30% discount from last year. Guess I better contact a rep later on.

Reich

Two days since no update on my tracking number on Canada Post website. My package is still at Richmond, BC. Should i start to worry?

I took the controller out of its box this evening, and noticed it was scratched at the top. I also heard clicking noises when I touched the front panels and put pressure on them, which made it seem like they weren't secured properly.

For peace of mind, I returned it to Walmart and got a new one. Hopefully it's fine.

Aonuma

EB Games told me when I paid in full for Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition that I couldn't cancel my preorder since they printed me off that code to play the MW campaign early.

Well I played the Infinite beta and I want out pretty badly now, I'll see if they'll refund me anyways or if I have to go in on launch day and pick it up/return it at the same time or something.

EB Games told me when I paid in full for Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition that I couldn't cancel my preorder since they printed me off that code to play the MW campaign early.

Well I played the Infinite beta and I want out pretty badly now, I'll see if they'll refund me anyways or if I have to go in on launch day and pick it up/return it at the same time or something.

Good to know. I haven't gotten a code, so I should cancel mine before they print it.

I'm going to wait for a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom