• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon

Banned
What was Amazon.ca's Gears of War 4 pre-order bonus? I need to know what extra they gave me... they don't say.

Also, the damn thing still hasn't arrived and won't until Tuesday.

Haines

Banned
I can't get over the PSVR bundle here being 800 bucks take home. Jesus Murphy.

The worst is I have a camera still boxed I was keeping for VR and it's useless to me bc I don't have move controllers and they want 130 plus taxes for them on the side!

Guess I'll just stick with my gear vr til they sort these prices out.

And maybe just sell my camera on kijiji

zroid

Banned
Funny how Move controllers are in vogue again. Remember when you could get them on clearance for like 10 bucks pretty much anywhere.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's the best place to buy comics in Toronto, or preferably online? I just read about Jessica Jones having a new series and #1 just came out, but Amazon doesn't have it in print.

cruisx

Neo Member
Hey guys, what do you think I could sell the following PS4 games The Division(sealed new) and Desus Ex Mankind Divided for on kijiji?

I spoke to Amazon support today, and as usual they offered better shipping.

A colouring book I ordered, which is horror themed, was released in the US earlier this month. Amazon.ca has always had a Nov. 1 placeholder, so I asked when it'd be out. Given the nature of it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants it before Halloween.

They said it said it'd ship on the 28th, and would give me free release day shipping for the delay. That was nice. I'd spoken to the author, though, and he was surprised the Canadian version was delayed into November, if it was.

I was surprised, though, that they couldn't help me get into contact with a seller. A major one.

I ordered an electric pencil sharpener, which was DOA. Since I ordered it for $100 pencil crayons, I was wary of getting another, so I asked for a refund and got one from Staples (which sucked ass and I had to return using their satisfaction guarantee -- something I'd never done before).

The seller saw my post about it being DOA in the review section, and emailed me offering me a new one even though I'd gotten a refund. I replied, but my email didn't seem to go through. They followed up as if it hadn't, and did so twice, but when I replied it still didn't go through to them.

I'd hoped Amazon could help me contact them, but she said they didn't have the info.

I had previously looked at their seller page, but I looked again, and in really small font, at the far edge, I finally found a customer support contact.

Aonuma

Four more IW beta codes that have never been posted elsewhere. Save yourself from buying the game this fall too ^_^

2. 4L4K-F6N7-HP4A
3. 7C48-47N2-398T
4. QKC7-HKNJ-5K4G
5. NQE9-RENH-BT8C

Four more IW beta codes that have never been posted elsewhere. Save yourself from buying the game this fall too ^_^

2. 4L4K-F6N7-HP4A
3. 7C48-47N2-398T
4. QKC7-HKNJ-5K4G
5. NQE9-RENH-BT8C

Thanks for the fifth, oh lord I hope it isn't as bad as I've been hearing.

23qwerty

Just picked up a psvr bundle at best buy, last one.
Man that price hurts a bit but all impressions seem very positive. Hopefully it's worth it.

i-Jest

2. 4L4K-F6N7-HP4A
3. 7C48-47N2-398T
4. QKC7-HKNJ-5K4G
5. NQE9-RENH-BT8C

All gone, most people didn't have the decency to take 2 seconds and type an acknowledgement, or a thank you. I've seen this in the give away threads far to often.

Thank you for your generosity Aonuma.

N° 2048

All gone, most people didn't have the decency to take 2 seconds and type an acknowledgement, or a thank you. I've seen this in the give away threads far to often.

Thank you for your generosity Aonuma.
He should have used the quote for email tag.

People can browse GAF without accounts...

JDH

Anyone know if the GamesForCanada is legit or still being run? I ordered 7 days ago and emailed the owner 2 days ago for an update and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm getting a bit concerned as more time passes, and wondering if i'm just being impatient and should wait a bit longer or not?

Haines

Banned
Just picked up a psvr bundle at best buy, last one.
Man that price hurts a bit but all impressions seem very positive. Hopefully it's worth it.

I hope you enjoy it man. We really get shafted on the price up here.

Im actually curious how long til that thing price drops. Too expensive to sit that high for long.

What was Amazon.ca's Gears of War 4 pre-order bonus? I need to know what extra they gave me... they don't say.

Also, the damn thing still hasn't arrived and won't until Tuesday.

Yeah mine should have shipped on friday, yet its still stuck in limbo. I really need to call them up, its like Amazon had a particular vendetta to enact on Gears 4 preorders has many have complained about his issue.

On a side note did you also get those promotions stscking where the game ended up being about $40 new?

kennah

Bunch of hours to kill in Montreal before a job interview. What should I do this morning? My only firm goal is to buy a belt.

dwsn

Neo Member
Anyone know if the GamesForCanada is legit or still being run? I ordered 7 days ago and emailed the owner 2 days ago for an update and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm getting a bit concerned as more time passes, and wondering if i'm just being impatient and should wait a bit longer or not?

They're legit, but I haven't heard of many people using them in years. The owner used to be really active on the CAG Canadian forums, but I think that place has dried up. In January 2016 they made a post confirming they were still operational, so I guess they're still kickin. Probably just a bit slower than their early days. Hope they get back to you soon.

Looks like a PSVR stand is finally available to preorder in Canada without having to import it:

Collective Minds PS4 VR Charging Stand - Best Buy - $39.99

j9q1t.png

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
Anyone know if the deluxe edition of FFXV comes with Brotherhood on the BluRay, or was S-E greedy and only included it in the Ultimate and Kingsglaive standalones?

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone have experience bringing stuff back from the US? I'll be in LA for a bit later this month and was thinking of getting a PSVR there since I have enough in US dollars already to afford it. And with the exchange + lower tax I would save about $75 CAD.

This is assuming I don't pay duty. The gov website seems to imply less than $800 and I dont have to pay anything, but their calculator said otherwise. Not sure... now... If there is a duty, it'd be better to just buy it here.

yeah, i preordered watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 in the same order but getting charged multiple times on my credit card...$54.98, 64.99 and 34.98...

all charged same day

I had read in the past for Walmart pre orders that people were getting charged and refunded by Walmart every day until the game shipped. I only have TF2 ordered with them and havent noticed any charges but it might be worth calling to confirm whats going on.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have any of you guys pre ordered a game through the Microsoft Store? Did you receive it Day 1?

I have BF1 pre ordered through there and I want to know if I will be getting it day 1 on Friday or next week?

Anyone have experience bringing stuff back from the US? I'll be in LA for a bit later this month and was thinking of getting a PSVR there since I have enough in US dollars already to afford it. And with the exchange + lower tax I would save about $75 CAD.

This is assuming I don't pay duty. The gov website seems to imply less than $800 and I dont have to pay anything, but their calculator said otherwise. Not sure... now... If there is a duty, it'd be better to just buy it here.

Yep, I believe shouldn't have to pay duties but if you do declare it, you'll be charged provincial taxes. So if you decide it bring it completely boxed, they may ask you questions about where you got it.

Tapejara

Caved in and bought Dragon Quest Builders off of PSN because I wanted to play it now. Only a few dollars more than Amazon w/ Prime discount, but I didn't want to wait for it to be delivered. $79.99 for a digital purchase still doesn't sit right with me.

You are allowed to bring back 800$ CAD of goods without paying any taxes/duties on it, if you leave Canada for more than 48 hours.

Personal exemptions

You may qualify for a personal exemption when returning to Canada. This allows you to bring goods up to a certain value into the country without paying regular duty and taxes.

Absence of more than 48 hours

You can claim goods worth up to CAN$800.

If the value of the goods you are bringing back exceeds CAN$800, duties and taxes are applicable only on amount of the imported goods that exceeds CAN$800.

Source: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifcrc-rpcrc-eng.html

IMO: Buy it here, it's better for warranty purposes anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom