• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Zzzzfare

Man I was really hoping this one wouldn't be a complete let down following BO3.

In other news, Operations in BF1 is fucking nuts.

uiuzl3tr2grx.gif

In what world is a $29.99 Remaster a clearance price? C'mon BestBuy.

I just double-checked my order from earlier this year, and it looks like I managed to snatch VC Remastered back in February during a Best Buy pre-order sale for $31.99.

It's rare, but sometimes it really does pay to pre-order with the discount.

Returners

EB Games told me when I paid in full for Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition that I couldn't cancel my preorder since they printed me off that code to play the MW campaign early.

Well I played the Infinite beta and I want out pretty badly now, I'll see if they'll refund me anyways or if I have to go in on launch day and pick it up/return it at the same time or something.

The multi is bad huh?

I'm going to try the beta this weekend and figure if I'm keeping it.

Sealtest

I haven't played cod since advanced warfare but the multiplayer didn't even feel like call of duty. But maybe that's a good thing and people like that.

Now that launch has come and gone I don't really feel the urge anymore, which I'm very happy about.

Traded 5 games to save 100$(eb games) and plan to sell a couple things to cover a good chunk of the cost.

I also bought batman and until dawn but I'll return them when I'll get my amazon copies at 20% off.

Now that launch has come and gone I don't really feel the urge anymore, which I'm very happy about.

I was considering it, but I'm glad the urge has never been too strong on my end. I haven't thought about it much since release, and just told myself it's too expensive.

I don't plan to really buy anything in the coming month, outside of maybe the odd game if something speaks to me.

soultron

Banned
EB Games told me when I paid in full for Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition that I couldn't cancel my preorder since they printed me off that code to play the MW campaign early.

Well I played the Infinite beta and I want out pretty badly now, I'll see if they'll refund me anyways or if I have to go in on launch day and pick it up/return it at the same time or something.
Ask for the number for head office and sort it out there if they don't immediately balk.

SickBoy

Ha, I still feel the urge, but the "gotta have it" tech lust faded a bit before launch. I think part of it was expecting that scarcity wasn't likely going to be a huge issue (and here we are, a few days after launch and it looks to be largely available across the country, if EB Games' stock checker is remotely accurate).

It was actually heartening to read that Sony's making money on the hardware... means there's room to move on that front :)

...I imagine that sooner or later I'll have one... but I guess it'll probably be on the "later" end of that spectrum, because I'm certainly most concerned about the price.

Shoeless

Same here. PSVR Shipped from Amazon using Canada Post. So much for pre-orders huh?

Why art though PSVR?!

Something weird is going on with Amazon and Canada Post. I got a little worried at first when my tracking number disappeared from Canada Post's database. However, my PS VR unit actually did arrive on launch day, but when I check with my delivery status, it's still out for delivery even though the post man handed it over to me three days ago.

Luigi87

I must admit that I was unsure about psvr when I unboxed it but I've just played the thumper demo and I am blown away.
I'm reading a lot of that impressions in the launch thread. I'm actually quite surprised by the general positive reactions, as opposed to more lukewarm.

What cpu/gpu/monitor do you have right now and what monitor are you considering?

CPU: i7 920 oc'd @ 3.8GHz (yeah, first gen i7, lol)
GPU: GTX 1070 (oc'd to.. something)
Monitor: 24" Samsung SyncMaster SA350 (1080p, 2ms, 60Hz)

The one I was looking at is this 27" Dell.

Thing is, that is a 1440p monitor, and dunno how well it would work with my old CPU.

Aonuma

Ask for the number for head office and sort it out there if they don't immediately balk.

I went in person to EB Games which was the right thing to do and they said no at first but luckily the manager was there and he caved even though they're not supposed to undo those preorders etc, etc. Let me switch my credit over onto a couple other preorders, so I'm happy that I was able to jump the CoD ship for this fall -- just have to decide if I'm desperate enough to check out Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 instead now.

JDH

Mine hasnt moving since october 10. What about yours?

It was shipped on October 12th (due to my dumb credit card thinking it was fraud) and having to change payment methods. It was last updated as a departure scan on Oct 13 @ 12:47am but should have been scanned as at least arrived at another destination by now.

Something weird is going on with Amazon and Canada Post. I got a little worried at first when my tracking number disappeared from Canada Post's database. However, my PS VR unit actually did arrive on launch day, but when I check with my delivery status, it's still out for delivery even though the post man handed it over to me three days ago.

I know Canada Post was having website tracking issues all of yesterday, so maybe nothing is working when it comes to updates right now?

Between Amazon, Canada Post and Intelcom, I am starting to despise ordering online...

I went in person to EB Games which was the right thing to do and they said no at first but luckily the manager was there and he caved even though they're not supposed to undo those preorders etc, etc. Let me switch my credit over onto a couple other preorders, so I'm happy that I was able to jump the CoD ship for this fall -- just have to decide if I'm desperate enough to check out Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 instead now.

Good thing I know the assistant manager and most of the employees.

kevin1025

Banned

Titanfall 2 is the correct answer.

N° 2048

Titanfall 2 beta was horrible.

Get Battlefield 1.

Battlefield always sucks. Hopefully I'll like COD. I'll borrow Battlefield from the library and play its campaign, which will likely suck.

Hopefully Titanfall 2 will be decent. I'm not paying full price for that, either. Will likely rent.

r3n4ud

Battlefield always sucks. Hopefully I'll like COD. I'll borrow Battlefield from the library and play its campaign, which will likely suck.

Hopefully Titanfall 2 will be decent. I'm not paying full price for that, either. Will likely rent.
You're going to be pleasantly surprised by Battlefield. I've put 5 hours into the campaign and looooved it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
All you motherfuckers are wrong.

The dudebro shootbang to go this holiday is clearly Modern Warfare Remastered.

Why so negative?

I didn't own a PC, so I missed out on the earlier Battlefields. I didn't like Modern Combat much, but did end up absolutely loving Bad Company. The second wasn't as good in my book (I loved the first one's campaign a lot more), but was still quite good.

Got excited for Battlefield 3. Got it at a midnight launch. The campaign was boring and buggy and made me lose progress. The multiplayer was too big and bored me.

I played BF4 at my friend's but never liked it.

I want to like Battlefield. I like the idea of WWI, and am excited about that. I'm just not willing to spend money on a Battlefield game right now.

Titanfall was quite good. I enjoyed it for a while. So, I've been wanting to play the second. But GAF seems down on it, and some have played it unlike me.

I usually like Call of Duty each year. I'm hoping to like this year's. Campaigns are king for me, though. I don't play a ton of multiplayer.

I'm also kind of pessimistic a lot of the time, due to depression.

kevin1025

Banned
Modern Warfare Remastered comes with a terrible siamese futuristic twin. :(

I'm hoping for the best on Black Friday, that someone has it marked down, or PSN does their crazy BF sale like last year again.

But this is as someone who thinks the campaign for Infinite Warfare looks awesome.

Rbk_3

Here are 5 codes for IW beta. Posted on another forum yesterday but no one responded so they should still be active.

Friend Code: Q3T7-2DNE-EF7P
Friend Code: D2HE-F6NL-R5J9
Friend Code: JJ96-5PN5-9CDT
Friend Code: AKH6-35ND-J7A6
Friend Code: NB9D-8GNN-BT2L

Here are 5 codes for IW beta. Posted on another forum yesterday but no one responded so they should still be active.

Friend Code: Q3T7-2DNE-EF7P
Friend Code: D2HE-F6NL-R5J9
Friend Code: JJ96-5PN5-9CDT
Friend Code: AKH6-35ND-J7A6
Friend Code: NB9D-8GNN-BT2L

Tried them all and unless I did something wrong, they've all been used.

RS4-

So I have BF4 preordered thru Amazon for $50

Any deals for The Last Guardian do you guys think?

I gotta get them to switch BF1 for me to the PC version; don't think it was up during the whole e3 thing.

Then again, if they don't, I'm about even if I get it via GMG anyway after tax and shipping from Ama.

Can't bother buying IW just to play MWR.

Clive

Seems there are a lot of scams from new sellers going on at Amazon.ca right now. Yesterday a brand new N64 was selling for $1.88 and today there are 12 month PS+ cards for $8.88. Both from new sellers from China. I've seen a few more suspicious ones too- Not sure if Amazon has buyer protection but it hurts everyone to buy from sellers like that. Too good to be true and from China means it's either fake or just a scam.

If anybody wants Call of Duty Infinite Warfare codes for the beta PM me, I have 5 extra codes.

This weekend's beta is almost over, but there's still next weekend.

i-Jest

If anybody wants Call of Duty Infinite Warfare codes for the beta PM me, I have 5 extra codes.

This weekend's beta is almost over, but there's still next weekend.

I'll take one. Will next weeks be different codes to access it, or will this week's beta download still work for next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom