• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

The Toronto Tool Library, and the Toronto Public Library at Bathurst and Front have 3D printers, but not sure what kind, or how access to them works.

Yeah I checked the Toronto Library one earlier, I need a course cert. course on it lol.

TTL charges $2/gram, which is another reason why I didn't want to go with them either. But I'll get quotes and see what's up at other places.

Renewed

I guess it was inconsistent since they shipped to some people first. I was trying to check where my VISA checkout discount went but maybe it subtracted before the price reduction to $25. Not like it matters, the gift card made it cost pocket change.

man... i'm rill salty

Well, now you know. Also, I kind of can't believe I'm saying this (because for a long time I thought of Indigo as The Evil Empire) but if you're going to order books online, you should go with Indigo. The pre-order for the Spice and Wolf collector's edition novel set is a great example of why.

Both sites put up a pre-order for the super-limited numbered edition at a really cheap price and had it up for a while, which was weird to people who knew exactly how limited it was. Sure enough, all those pre-orders for the numbered edition were a mistake, and they were all cancelled. Indigo decided to switch everyone over to the unnumbered edition and kept the price, which was still cheaper than list price. Amazon just said "lol sorry your order is cancelled." So all the people who went Indigo still get a good deal on the version of the book they figured they were getting anyways, while Amazon customers get jackshit.

Also, count me among those who got their Fire Emblem artbook last week. I didn't even know Amazon hadn't shipped out their copies until this week, but it doesn't surprise me.

zroid

Banned
Well, now you know. Also, I kind of can't believe I'm saying this (because for a long time I thought of Indigo as The Evil Empire) but if you're going to order books online, you should go with Indigo. The pre-order for the Spice and Wolf collector's edition novel set is a great example of why.

Both sites put up a pre-order for the super-limited numbered edition at a really cheap price and had it up for a while, which was weird to people who knew exactly how limited it was. Sure enough, all those pre-orders for the numbered edition were a mistake, and they were all cancelled. Indigo decided to switch everyone over to the unnumbered edition and kept the price, which was still cheaper than list price. Amazon just said "lol sorry your order is cancelled." So all the people who went Indigo still get a good deal on the version of the book they figured they were getting anyways, while Amazon customers get jackshit.

Also, count me among those who got their Fire Emblem artbook last week. I didn't even know Amazon hadn't shipped out their copies until this week, but it doesn't surprise me.

Naw man I did order it from Indigo

that's why I'm salty :lol

SickBoy

Wind has poorer reception though, and I think they throttle after 5GB.

Depending on how much data is "more data," Telus's Public Mobile is a weird prepaid company, but they seem to offer the same (similar?) network and good amounts of data... that said, you're prepaying for three months at a time.

For example: 90 days, unlimited Canada-wide calling and global text plus 6GB (essentially 2/mo) is $135 ($45/month). I think that's a pretty reasonable price for an "off-the-shelf" plan. They offer double that data for $22/month more.

I can't vouch for them -- I'm on a grandfathered Bell plan that I hope to never leave -- but when I was trying to help a family member get a new phone and cut his overall cost, it would've been the top contender had he not wanted some sort of subsidy and a phone on that same day.

Rbk_3

Look into the $48 5gb Manitoba plan from Koodo.
Simple to get. Google it and the Howard Forums thread with instructions will come up. Just sign up with regular Ontario account and you can do everything online in self serve. I have myself and 5 friends on it for over 8 months now

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Look into the $48 5gb Manitoba plan from Koodo.
Simple to get. Google it and the Howard Forums thread with instructions will come up. Just sign up with regular Ontario account and you can do everything online in self serve. I have myself and 5 friends on it for over 8 months now
Do they ever audit this stuff though? They must see lots of people porting to Manitoba and then porting back.

ohlawd

I ordered my FE artbook from Chapters along with some shit that hasn't come out yet. mine wasn't gonna ship until the end of March 2017, with free shipping and all. went ahead and contacted CS to cheat my way out of that crap like the last couple times. ordering preorder items really screw up the whole process. where's my guarantee you're going to still have stock of obscure item #1 by the time you ship obscure item #6 six months out? there's none. so yeah I sent a request about a week ago and it should all be here by Thursday.

jzbluz

On good Amazon shipping news, I got Exist Archive on release date with free shipping. Although I wonder why they couldn't send me the FE book with it since I was charged at the same time for both.

big_z

They purposely hold the items. Legal but a shitty practice to force more Prime subscriptions. They give you the estimate shipping date almost 10 days after launch too.

The Amazon cs rep said he literally could not get my Gears 4 shipped due to unforeseen circumstances. Created a new order and stated 2 day expedited shipping and literally 2 hours later it shipped from the warehouse to canada post and was out for delivery the next day. That is what they're doing. If you live in the lower mainland BC, the warehouse is near Delta near Annacis Island. The sort facility is in Richmond. Should take at most 30 minutes for CP to receive and sort and send for delivery.

For multiplayer games especially it sucks. 2-3 weeks to receive a game is a super long time for multiplayer games.

Where is the shipping date? I see the arrival window which means it should ship before those dates.

My copy of gears 4 still hasn't shipped and is a day away from entering the arrival estimate. I plan to flip the game if it even ships this week and if I cant ill force a return at amazons expense. Complained 3 times and support is useless. Fuck amazon.

So is Amazon just going nuts with forcing people to want Prime?

My copy of Battlefield 1 is supposed to arrive November 3rd. Like why the fuck does free shipping take 2+ weeks to arrive?

This is getting out of hand...

So does mine. If it doesn't ship on time I will cancel it.

big_z

There has been 2 reports of getting it canceled.

They know all about it. It haven't fixed the loophole.

Lol I discovered the loophole years ago. I have the prior version of the plan which I think is $1.50 more and it would be nice to switch over but I don't want to risk it, especially since its grandfathered and they cant take it away which is a risk with the current plan. (though id switch if a koodo employee is on here and want to help a fellow gaffer out)

On a side note Koodo support has been calling me lately, in the evenings. I avoid answering but others also using the plan outside its intended provinces have reported the same. I think they have to notify you before they can change your plan so it might be for the best to add their number to your phone so you can avoid them. Most likely just marketing garbage but just to be safe.

Stat!

So is Amazon just going nuts with forcing people to want Prime?

My copy of Battlefield 1 is supposed to arrive November 3rd. Like why the fuck does free shipping take 2+ weeks to arrive?

This is getting out of hand...

Mine is saying October 28.

It's just an estimate though, I often get things well before the mentioned date.

Happened with me with NHL 17. It was going to get to me 2+ weeks post launch. I cancelled. BF1 is $50 which is a great deal but wouldn't mind it sooner than 1 week.

Zeeman

Oh fun, my first attempt at one-day Prime delivery in Toronto has been shipped with Dynamex. They claim my package was delivered at 10:30 am, which it obviously wasn't. Should I wait, or just contact Amazon now?

Ryde3

Oh fun, my first attempt at one-day Prime delivery in Toronto has been shipped with Dynamex. They claim my package was delivered at 10:30 am, which it obviously wasn't. Should I wait, or just contact Amazon now?

If you don't have a missed delivery notice, I would contact them asap.

Do they ever use any other service for same day? Does Amazon do it themselves?

I hate Dynamex.

Zeeman

Do they ever use any other service for same day? Does Amazon do it themselves?

I hate Dynamex.

They're terrible, the only other experience I've had with them was them claiming they couldn't get into my building even though the numbers to dial for buzz-in are listed next to people's names in the lobby.

They're terrible, the only other experience I've had with them was them claiming they couldn't get into my building even though the numbers to dial for buzz-in are listed next to people's names in the lobby.

I had the same problem.

Amazon has been really good of just finding a way into my building without even buzzing.

L3E2

hey guys, im not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to change a preorder from one game to another on amazon while keeping the original discount?

asking because i preordered titanfall 2 during e3, but now looking to change that to battlefield 1 instead.

I was given a game as a gift with no receipt, and don't really want it. I wish I could just take it to Walmart for a gift card, but I know that's wrong.

Kijiji it is.

Curiosity asking:

Is this actually against the law since Walmart accepts no receipt returns and people say it's a gift?

hey guys, im not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to change a preorder from one game to another on amazon while keeping the original discount?

asking because i preordered titanfall 2 during e3, but now looking to change that to battlefield 1 instead.

Usually no, you can always try to ask CSR and might end up lucky.

Curiosity asking:

Is this actually against the law since Walmart accepts no receipt returns and people say it's a gift?

I imagine it would be considered fraud to claim you bought something from Walmart that you really didn't buy there. I doubt they are going to call you out on it though.

Quick

Banned
Curiosity asking:

On a technical level, yes. That's fraud. Would the store actually call the cops on you in this instance? Probably not.

If you do it consistently, you'll end up getting rejected for returns and be put on a list of people who do fraudulent returns.

What happens if you receive an order after doing a chargeback? I ordered shirts 2 months ago, it was supposed to be delivered in 10 business days. In September the store said that they sent it but were redoing the order since I never received it. It has been 20 business days since then. I wrote a week ago to ask what's up and still no answer. I wrote one last time yesterday and will attempt chargeback if nothing by next Tuesday. Still, I feel like the products could randomly show up next week or something.

antibolo

Banned
What happens if you receive an order after doing a chargeback? I ordered shirts 2 months ago, it was supposed to be delivered in 10 business days. In September the store said that they sent it but were redoing the order since I never received it. It has been 20 business days since then. I wrote a week ago to ask what's up and still no answer. I wrote one last time yesterday and will attempt chargeback if nothing by next Tuesday. Still, I feel like the products could randomly show up next week or something.

Chargebacks should only be used when you're 100% convinced that you're the victim of fraud. They cost extra fees to the seller and can get them in trouble if they get too many of them. Consider this carefully before you file a chargeback. They must be used only as an absolute last resort.

SickBoy

On the other hand, the seller should be actually be responding to customer questions. (OP, which retailer, out of curiosity?)

At two months, I would at least call my credit card company, explain the situation and determine what the policy is (if you know the timeframe available to you to file that dispute you can then wait a bit longer). The option to ddispute the charges will not persist forever...

Happened with me with NHL 17. It was going to get to me 2+ weeks post launch. I cancelled. BF1 is $50 which is a great deal but wouldn't mind it sooner than 1 week.

My plan is to just price match my Amazon orders at Best Buy or Toys R Us.

I matched my $49.99 Gears of War 4 at Best Buy and got it for even cheaper because of the 10% BB PM deal. Will do the same for the other games and then just cancel my Amazon orders.

Fuck. I couldn't find any boxes of cereal with the free movie offer when I looked this past hour at Walmart and Loblaws.

All Honey Nut Cheerios were normal boxes, same with the rest. The only thing Walmart had was granola bars, which A) I don't eat, B) You have to buy two of, and it'd cost the same as a Tuesday admission to Cineplex and C) I've read about misprints on those boxes from RFD.

I wish my Dad wouldn't have thrown out my second box without taking a look at it. I bought two and was looking forward to seeing two movies for free in November.

(This is bugging me more than it maybe should because of my OCD.)

Kyolux

Just got home from spending 4 days in Montreal.

Videotron flipped the switch on the 120.

5728924822.png

Feels good.

Lexxism

They probably left the package somewhere. That's what they did on my package. Left it on top of the apartment's parcel locker. lol

Luigi87

Well in my long
not so long
decision between a G-Sync Monitor and PSVR, I opted for the monitor. I know I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it, whilst PSVR, as much as the new tech excites me, I still don't know how the long term will be, so I figured I'd wait.

Monitor should arrive tomorrow. (Dell S2716DG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom