• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

How will I know if such surge protector is good? What should I look for? Currently looking for one but I don't know if it is good or not.

krae_man

Anyone have experience bringing stuff back from the US? I'll be in LA for a bit later this month and was thinking of getting a PSVR there since I have enough in US dollars already to afford it. And with the exchange + lower tax I would save about $75 CAD.

This is assuming I don't pay duty. The gov website seems to imply less than $800 and I dont have to pay anything, but their calculator said otherwise. Not sure... now... If there is a duty, it'd be better to just buy it here.

LA has a 9% sales tax. That'll eat into $60 of your $150 savings. You sure you want to risk having no warranty?

sh1fty

This has probably already been talked about... but I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime and wanted to get my E3 pre-orders the additional 20% off and upgraded shipping.

After about 30 mins in an Amazon support chat... I'll be enjoying Battlefield 1 this Friday (release day delivery) for $39.99 CAD! The 20% prime discount is apparently going to be applied once the shipment is sent (so fingers crossed it works).

Very nice that this 20% discount stacks with other promotions (like E3).. either intentionally or unintentionally.

r3n4ud

just cancelled my COD pre-order. I only really want the MW remaster, so I'll wait for it to be released standalone
Shit, I'm really considering doing this as well. Like you, I only want the MW remaster so might as well wait for it.

With Gears and Battlefield, think I have enough multiplayer gaming anyways.

This has probably already been talked about... but I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime and wanted to get my E3 pre-orders the additional 20% off and upgraded shipping.

After about 30 mins in an Amazon support chat... I'll be enjoying Battlefield 1 this Friday (release day delivery) for $39.99 CAD! The 20% prime discount is apparently going to be applied once the shipment is sent (so fingers crossed it works).

Very nice that this 20% discount stacks with other promotions (like E3).. either intentionally or unintentionally.

I got an email from amazon saying that they wouldn't do that for me. They need to be consistent when it comes to things like this.

Renewed

Indigo shipped my Awakening artbook over a week ago so I've had it for a while, it's pretty good.

I'm looking for TVs as we get closer to Black Friday, I might just go for a small 20-30" for my room. I'll also have to hope for some kind of deal or bundle set for the PS4 Slim.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if the GamesForCanada is legit or still being run? I ordered 7 days ago and emailed the owner 2 days ago for an update and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm getting a bit concerned as more time passes, and wondering if i'm just being impatient and should wait a bit longer or not?
Wow, yeah, they are legit but I haven't heard of them in ages since I stopped going to CAG.

Renewed

Anyone knows why the PSVR Launch Bundle is $700 at Best Buy but is over 1k on Amazon (both .ca)?

Because the amazon sellers are setting the prices. If the seller isn't amazon.ca, then you can see prices all over the place. Like how the Core set is at MSRP, then $890 right after.

Can you still buy Honey Nut Cheerios with the free movie tickets on the box? I bought two and cut the ticket out of the first after it was empty, but a family member seems to have tossed the second.

Wait are you saying... PRIME GIVES AN ADDITIONAL 20% OFF NOW?!?! Wah?!

NYR

No way this is the case, this is a price error. My gears copy shipped at the price I expected to.

ElNino

Anyone knows why the PSVR Launch Bundle is $700 at Best Buy but is over 1k on Amazon (both .ca)?
I hope no one is buying those seeing as you can just walk into a store and buy it, at least where I am I was able to (GTA). You might not find stock at every store, but more than half within 20km had stock when I checked on the weekend.

Luigi87

Yeah, bundle stocks are getting a bit light, but still plenty of standalone headsets everywhere.
Hoping Sony releases more launch bundles, because that's the clear seller due to the money saved with the camera + controllers.

of course I'm still debating PSVR vs. G-Sync monitor, lol

Clive

If a brand new third party seller on Amazon is selling new games extremely cheap with no feedback, that's probably a scam right?

Yes, especially if the seller is from China. I have seen numerous obvious scams on Amazon lately so I would not be surprised if you saw one too. No one will sell anything at half of retail price or below except a scammer.

CRA5H

Sounds like you missed out on Gears and Forza doing it.
I know it may be the same shit to you but delaying a release from the Tuesday is different to me than giving early access on a weekend (Gears for example).
Have the game come out on the Tuesday it's supposed to come out and give deluxe editions an early release. I game during the week, not on a weekend so it's more convenient to me.

Sweet Ivy

Thank you for purchasing a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership.
We announced that starting September 22nd, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change and we wanted to make
sure that you know that the next time your membership renews, you will be charged the new price of $69.99.

Guys, does this means that buying all those 49.99 membership was useless?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's what I initially thought they were trying to tell me because the email just came out of the blue but I think it's just a reminder email that it's going up.
It's not a reminder email. Because of the price increase Sony had to turn off auto-renew for everyone. They desperately want everyone to turn it back on.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
the rest of the email goes on to detail how to turn off auto-renew so that's not the case.
Did we get different emails? Mine clearly says auto-renew is off and they want me to turn it on.

If you would like to continue your membership at the new price, please visit the following site and submit your request to continue your membership without any gaps.

Click here to submit your response >>

If we don't hear from you by 11:59 PM PST on October 20th, 2016, your membership will not auto-renew and your member benefits may be disrupted.

Did we get different emails? Mine clearly says auto-renew is off and they want me to turn it on.

Yes we did

mine continues past what was already posted by Sweet Ivy and adds
PS Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase since the launch of the service in 2010.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before your current subscription renews.

You can cancel your subscription by following these steps:

and then a list of ways to cancel

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, so there's an "Early Enlister" edition of Battlefield 1? Is this why they moved to Friday releases so they could scam people to pay more to play the game a few days early? Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom