• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
They probably left the package somewhere. That's what they did on my package. Left it on top of the apartment's parcel locker. lol

I'm in a house, so it's easier for me to see where they leave it. No complaints on same-day delivery (so far).

We installed a screen door, so now packages are usually just left in-between the two doors. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's better than the alternatives I guess.

Guys, I asked customer service if they could deliver the game by tomorrow, and the guy said he pushed my game up.

Is this real or was he lying?

PFD

Just got home from spending 4 days in Montreal.

Videotron flipped the switch on the 120.

5728924822.png

Feels good.

How much?

kevin1025

Banned
NX Hype tomorrow. 499 CANADIAN DOLLARS!

Half of those three minutes will be introducing the video they themselves are in, haha. I won't say it in the NX thread (let them have their fun!) but I don't expect much past a reveal date and maybe a tease of what to expect.

Madness

Where is the shipping date? I see the arrival window which means it should ship before those dates.

My copy of gears 4 still hasn't shipped and is a day away from entering the arrival estimate. I plan to flip the game if it even ships this week and if I cant ill force a return at amazons expense. Complained 3 times and support is useless. Fuck amazon.

So does mine. If it doesn't ship on time I will cancel it.

Estimated arrival date pretty much just guarantees you have no real recourse because they are telling you straight up now that your game will come 10+ days after launch. I wouldn't be surprised that the second your arrival window starts that magically you get an email saying order has left warehouse etc.

They will try and recoup game costs through their shipping which they don't have to share with retailers. Wait 10-17 days after launch to get your cheap game or add $$$ shipping so they can make a nicer profit and get your game sooner. I will definitely not order another multiplayer game again from Amazon Canada. Customer support through Contact Us was horrendous as well.

i-Jest

Any suggestions for the cheapest way to get a smartphone not available in North America? Is my best luck with Kijiji? Thanks.

Order a One +1 or One +2 from the One Plus website? I'm sure there must be a cheaper option. What are you looking to get specifically?

eyesradar

Any suggestions for the cheapest way to get a smartphone not available in North America? Is my best luck with Kijiji? Thanks.

Find mandarin speaking friends who go back to mainland China regularly (should be relatively easy here in Canada) and ask them to order whatever phone you want off its manufacturer's 1st party taobao storefront.

Or aliexpress I guess? There are always posts regarding those deals on redflagdeals I believe.

UberTag

can finally preorder NX so excited! Tomorrow is going to be great and zero work will be done I'm sure.
Why are we assuming we'll be able to pre-order right away?
It's been like two months since Nintendo showed off the NES Mini and we're still waiting for the opportunity to pre-order it.

Luigi87

Why are we assuming we'll be able to pre-order right away?
It's been like two months since Nintendo showed off the NES Mini and we're still waiting for the opportunity to pre-order it.

Yeah I'm not thinking we'll be able to pre-order quite as of yet.

RS4-

Moto X Play, One Plus whatever, Xiaomi Note 3 Pro.

RFD and Kijiji if you're getting used. But as usual, be careful if some dickhead decides to black list the phone after lol.

Or just buy online from the actual online store if you're considering the One Plus, or Aliexpress for the Xiaomi.

MXPs are probably 200, same with the Xiaomi.

Kyolux

5729656576.png

90$ a month with TV and phone line :D

Nice. That explains someone I know posting a similar test result.

That's 90 for all of this or just the internet part? Also, unlimited bandwith? I don't see that plan on their website. Is this the 1 Gbps?

Is this a one-year deal or you have this forever?

2 years. We'll see after that.

Moto X Play, One Plus whatever, Xiaomi Note 3 Pro.

I just got a LG G4 with Videotron. Would the X Play have been a better choice? I hesitated between both. But outside of battery life, G4 seemed better on everything else.

Wonder how much those Nintendo Switch Game Cards will be?

Same tech as 3DS, I'd guess. Biggest game on 3DS is 4GB but it supports up to 8, so if they expand the cart shape a bit 8GB+ should be feasible.

It's not going to be cheap as a DVD but nothing saying they can't just charge USD 60...

Hobbes211

Is GMG with 20% off + 5% bonus from referral the best deal on BF1 right now? I think that's the best I could track down for me being in Canada anyways. That being said, if someone has a referral code they could PM me I'd be appreciative.

FN-2187

can finally preorder NX so excited! Tomorrow is going to be great and zero work will be done I'm sure.

You usually can't preorder until there is a MSRP, right? Nintendo was pretty late on revealing the Wii U price. I'm thinking they will save that until like January.

Fularu

Banned
Who did you blackmail to have that kind of deal? :p

How did you get such a deal ?!

Also...who still has a phone line (assuming it's a home line here) !!

Nice. That explains someone I know posting a similar test result.

That's 90 for all of this or just the internet part? Also, unlimited bandwith? I don't see that plan on their website. Is this the 1 Gbps?

I just called as a new customer. Said "Hello, my friend got the following deal :

1 - Unlimited Gigabit internet
2 - Good TV package with 15 "à la carte" chanels
3 - Phone landline with unlimited province wide calling and all the various options

for 88.90$ a month for 2 years, I want the same deal"

10 minutes later I had it.

And yes the landline was mandatory since my GF works two days a week from home and needs it for work.

Edit : I'll add that they waived the installation fees, location and all the crap.

Fularu

Banned
Someone is tired of seeing Switch threads. Weird because we had tons of Scorpio and PS4Pro threads and no one batted an eye.

RS4-

Is GMG with 20% off + 5% bonus from referral the best deal on BF1 right now? I think that's the best I could track down for me being in Canada anyways. That being said, if someone has a referral code they could PM me I'd be appreciative.

I'll send you one.

Ondore

Same tech as 3DS, I'd guess. Biggest game on 3DS is 4GB but it supports up to 8, so if they expand the cart shape a bit 8GB+ should be feasible.

It's not going to be cheap as a DVD but nothing saying they can't just charge USD 60...

Considering the size of Skyrim and NBA 2k17, I'm expecting 32GB with 64 for the really big shit. That would likely mean a $74.99 MSRP.

Vibranium

Banned
I'll try to sell my 3DS for 100 bucks or something, that should help take some of the CAD pain off of getting a Switch. I hope the Pro Controller isn't too expensive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom