• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone had their copy of Shantae and the pirate curse shipped from amazon?

Just got an email saying that they don't have any in stock right now...

Kyolux

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread in the last few days (pretty much since a week ago). Missed anything funny or good deals?

I missed out on Videotron's mobile $66 for 6 gigs and I'm a bit disappointed. Was waiting on having to call them back about my internet speed update that should come in tomorrow and lucked out on the deal.

Dazzler

I have six gigs of data and go over it every single month, I don't know how people get by with less

I'm thinking of calling Fido and asking for more data

stn

Amazon still hasn't sent me my pre-order DLC, its been a week now. Have already contacted customer service, they're working on it (but slowly). Is this normal?

Crazy how Fallout 4 is $39.99 when it's been $25 somewhat often in a couple retail places now. I love digital, but the price difference is hard to ignore.

$25 at the big name retail places like Best-Buy, Walmart, etc? Always waited out until the inevitable price slashes for Bethesda games, especially for a game like Fallout

Would love to get in on it for $25

c1669a61798743679f41aaaa5789fce5.png

hmm so it looks like amazon is holding the order so they can ship it with hunterxhunter

farisr

Anyone got their 10% refund from Best Buy for PSVR?

I just got an email saying that the "price match request" for PSVR (which is not what that was) was caused due to an error in their system. And now when I bring up the order details, the discount is gone. Thinking about calling them now.

BadHand

Just got an email from BB regarding my PSVR purchase. They've denied a "price match request"... I assume they were talking about the 10% coupon for wearable tech they applied to my order.

They provided a $20 e-certificate instead. Though, this is not really reasonable considering PSVR is not returnable to BB and I re-confirmed the 10% off prior to opening my order.

farisr

Just got an email from BB regarding my PSVR purchase. They've denied a "price match request"... I assume they were talking about the 10% coupon for wearable tech they applied to my order.

They provided a $20 e-certificate instead. Though, this is not really reasonable considering PSVR is not returnable to BB and I re-confirmed the 10% off prior to opening my order.
Called and they said that the refund was sent out on October 14th and should be showing up by Friday. Couldn't explain the email.

Will call next week again if that's not the case for sure. Definitely not a fair deal to do this days after the unit had arrived with that return policy.

BadHand

Anyone got their 10% refund from Best Buy for PSVR?

I just got an email saying that the "price match request" for PSVR (which is not what that was) was caused due to an error in their system. And now when I bring up the order details, the discount is gone. Thinking about calling them now.

Actually just got off the phone with BB customer service. The guy was very knowledgeable, told me that they had expressly received written authorization to adjust PSVR pre-orders and was insisting that the refund was being processed as we speak.

He was confused about the email as much as I was and said he would investigate and call me back. He said that if their head office had rescinded the offer on PSVR headsets they would manually apply the $55 plus tax.

he advised to not redeem any provided eCertificate, at least until this was resolved.

EDIT: you beat me to the punch, but I'm glad you got the same answer.

So is Amazon just going nuts with forcing people to want Prime?

My copy of Battlefield 1 is supposed to arrive November 3rd. Like why the fuck does free shipping take 2+ weeks to arrive?

This is getting out of hand...

BadWolf

Ended up canceling the World of Final Fantasy pre-order, it was a good price but I don't think the game is for me after trying the demo.

My copy of Battlefield 1 is supposed to arrive November 3rd. Like why the fuck does free shipping take 2+ weeks to arrive?

Mine is saying October 28.

It's just an estimate though, I often get things well before the mentioned date.

BadHand

Mine says, October 28th - November 3rd on Free Super Saver Delivery. It cost $49.96.

My experience is that is usually arrives on the earlier side of the delivery window. I suppose 5 days is reasonable for an already discounted product with free delivery. You could always upgrade your delivery for a few bucks if you want it sooner.

Mine says, October 28th - November 3rd on Free Super Saver Delivery. It cost $49.96.

My experience is that is usually arrives on the earlier side of the delivery window. I suppose 5 days is reasonable for an already discounted product with free delivery. You could always upgrade your delivery for a few bucks if you want it sooner.

It just seems like they don't ship anything on launch day for non-prime members. Hell there are people still waiting for their PSVR to ship and its been in stock since launch day.

Madness

They purposely hold the items. Legal but a shitty practice to force more Prime subscriptions. They give you the estimate shipping date almost 10 days after launch too.

The Amazon cs rep said he literally could not get my Gears 4 shipped due to unforeseen circumstances. Created a new order and stated 2 day expedited shipping and literally 2 hours later it shipped from the warehouse to canada post and was out for delivery the next day. That is what they're doing. If you live in the lower mainland BC, the warehouse is near Delta near Annacis Island. The sort facility is in Richmond. Should take at most 30 minutes for CP to receive and sort and send for delivery.

For multiplayer games especially it sucks. 2-3 weeks to receive a game is a super long time for multiplayer games.

Shoeless

Ended up canceling the World of Final Fantasy pre-order, it was a good price but I don't think the game is for me after trying the demo.

I had the opposite reaction, where I just wanted an old school turn-based, random battle JRPG with some complex battle/leveling system at play and decent visuals, so the WOFF demo actually made me more confident about pre-ordering that game.

I still haven't yet. I'm on digital this generation, so I'll put in my pre-order over the weekend, whenever they enable pre-loading.

Dazzler

any of you got experience with getting out of telecom contracts? I've got 11 months left on my Fido plan, but if I could get out of it, I could get more data for less with wind

Lexxism

any of you got experience with getting out of telecom contracts? I've got 11 months left on my Fido plan, but if I could get out of it, I could get more data for less with wind
You will have to pay your device balance. And that's basically it. Oh, make sure that your phone is compatible and will work with Wind sim card.

kevin1025

Banned
$25 at the big name retail places like Best-Buy, Walmart, etc? Always waited out until the inevitable price slashes for Bethesda games, especially for a game like Fallout

Would love to get in on it for $25

I remember seeing it was $24.99 in the Best Buy flyer three or four weeks back. Black Friday it might even hit $20!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We're still waiting for Prime Video tho

Why the fuck is this still not available in Canada.
I wonder if it's some dumb CRTC thing where online providers have to be some percentage Canadian? It doesn't explain why Netflix was able to operate here, but I don't understand why Amazon basically conceded the Canadian market and let Rogers/Bell divvy up all the content.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder if it's some dumb CRTC thing where online providers have to be some percentage Canadian? It doesn't explain why Netflix was able to operate here, but I don't understand why Amazon basically conceded the Canadian market and let Rogers/Bell divvy up all the content.

It's kind of two-fold, from when I dug around on the issue a while back. CRTC having their weird regulations and rules, and also because Shomi and CraveTV ate up most of the licenses when Amazon first started up their shows. But with Shomi coming to a close, and CraveTV having only 2-4 Amazon shows with a likely 2017 licensing end, Prime Video might actually come here.

But it might take a while, just like the 20% off game pre-orders took its sweet time.

I was given a game as a gift with no receipt, and don't really want it. I wish I could just take it to Walmart for a gift card, but I know that's wrong.

Kijiji it is.

Firestorm

Probably don't have the license rights to enough things in Canada for it to be worthwhile. Same reason Netflix Canada and Netflix USA have different shows. Pretty sure CRTC doesn't regulate online streaming by foreign companies yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom