• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the size of Skyrim and NBA 2k17, I'm expecting 32GB with 64 for the really big shit. That would likely mean a $74.99 MSRP.

I may just be a pragmatic developer but I think there is zero chance of 32GB carts. The system storage may be 32GB but without a download assist sizes hitting that big seems unlikely.

That being said XBCX was 22.7GB so I guess it's possible.

FN-2187

I'll try to sell my 3DS for 100 bucks or something, that should help take some of the CAD pain off of getting a Switch. I hope the Pro Controller isn't too expensive as well.

I hope you can just use the Wii U Pro Controller, but I am sure I am living in fantasy land.

Too bad the Switch isn't also a phone :p

Does this mean no more dedicated handhelds? If so, that is a shame :(

Edit - LOL Tsilon, that was fun while it lasted and the only reason I got a 3DS, the coupon they had was 100 dollars off, right?

Robert807

Yeah 350 the most I pay for that new Nintendo system. Even at that I doubt very much I would buy it. I have never had a hand held system. So that means nothing to me. I didn't enjoy my wii u. Mario and Mario kart was great tho. In the next year my I have to buy 4 k tv, the new Xbox and most likely ps pro because of new tv. So that leaves out Nintendo.
Heck I buy like 50 games a year. I'm going have to cut down on that too I think.

N° 2048

The thing is by March 2017 I'll have such a insane backlog to go through.

Cannot see myself buying the Switch until maybe Holiday 2017/Q1 2018.

Who the fuck am I trying to kid? I'm buying that shit day 1.

kevin1025

Banned
The thing is by March 2017 I'll have such a insane backlog to go through.

Cannot see myself buying the Switch until maybe Holiday 2017/Q1 2018.

Who the fuck am I trying to kid? I'm buying that shit day 1.

March is going to be rough. Ghost Recon Wildlands, and then potentially Mass Effect, South Park, Sea of Thieves and then the Switch and its (interesting) launch games.

Early 2017 is the new fall!

Qwyjibo

$300 CAD is the absolute most I'd consider for any Nintendo console these days. And even that's just to consider it. Nintendo doesn't deserve much faith when it comes to hardware these days.

I really hope there's a cheaper portable-only option that comes without the dock.

Gitaroo

$300 CAD is the absolute most I'd consider for any Nintendo console these days. And even that's just to consider it. Nintendo doesn't deserve much faith when it comes to hardware these days.

I really hope there's a cheaper portable-only option that comes without the dock.

same here, and that is for the deluxe or whatever complete bundle they are going to announce. I don't care what it will cost in USD and we have to pay more due to exchange rate. If its any higher than 300 CAD Im out and wait for second gen model.

farisr

I absolutely don't want Nintendo to do a dedicated handheld anymore. Go all in with this concept and dedicate all your development teams to this system.

Not against the idea of a non-bundled handheld variant. Smaller/portable (fits in your pocket), costs less, but plays all the same games.

Qwyjibo

So basically you guys want it to have horrible specs?
Nintendo will always be behind the rest of the game in terms of specs. I expect it to have lesser specs which I why I was hoping for more of a focus on the handheld/portable. If this thing is close to $400, it'll die quicker than the Wii U.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Im not paying a damn cent for the Switch until I see some more damn games that arent just ports of Wii U games I already played.

Don't know where I stand on the Switch yet. It's a really neat concept in theory, but right now we're missing a lot of details about cost, battery life and software strategy. Plus, I've never been a big fan of most Nintendo franchises--the only ones that have made any sort of impact on me have been Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Announce Devil Survivor 3 as a Switch exclusive and I'm in if it's not too expensive. Otherwise, hard to say.

Qwyjibo

Don't know where I stand on the Switch yet. It's a really neat concept in theory, but right now we're missing a lot of details about cost, battery life and software strategy. Plus, I've never been a big fan of most Nintendo franchises--the only ones that have made any sort of impact on me have been Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Announce Devil Survivor 3 as a Switch exclusive and I'm in if it's not too expensive. Otherwise, hard to say.

This is another big factor for me too. If the Switch gets all the 3DS series that I love, it would make a huge impact in terms of drawing me in. If this becomes an RPG goldmine like the 3DS, it would be hard for me to resist. The price and portability of it are still the main things though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Isn't Switch a mobile-centered device? With Tegra and everything? I don't see it costing above $249 US. Unless I am missing something?

BadWolf

I'm in the same boat, I might consider it because I do have a long commute but it would need to have a lot of good non-Nintendo Japanese games for me to get it.

I'm mighty tempted to buy an Xbox One S, and am holding out for Black Friday sales. What kind of bundle and price are we expecting? Right now, it is $380 for 500GB Halo Collection bundle (MCC and Halo 5). What price and game options do you guys think is on the horizon?

Ondore

I may just be a pragmatic developer but I think there is zero chance of 32GB carts. The system storage may be 32GB but without a download assist sizes hitting that big seems unlikely.

That being said XBCX was 22.7GB so I guess it's possible.

Skyrim Remaster is also 22.7GB on Xbox One, and I'm not sure how much you'd be able to cut that even a 16GB card would work.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So basically you guys want it to have horrible specs?
I really don't care about specs on a Nintendo console. I'm not a single console gamer and only buy Nintendo consoles for their games and exclusives. I'll buy all multi plats on the more powerful consoles like I've always done.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mighty tempted to buy an Xbox One S, and am holding out for Black Friday sales. What kind of bundle and price are we expecting? Right now, it is $380 for 500GB Halo Collection bundle (MCC and Halo 5). What price and game options do you guys think is on the horizon?

I picked one up for Gears 4, but purchased mine the week prior to the game dropping. That Halo 5/MCC 500gb S bundle was $349 CAD at that time at all retailers.

I don't know what caused the $30 price bump the following week but $379 is the cost now for that particular bundle or for any 500gb bundle. The 1tb bundles right now are all $449. At the time I made my purchase, EB had a promo of Fallout 4 being included with console purchase, Bestbuy had $15 off an additional controller with console purchase and Microsoft's stores/website included your choice of a game (ie. Watchdogs, Just Dance...), as well as the $15 controller discount.

I feel at best you might see an extra game bundled in, with the 1tb console drop to like $429, maybe... and perhaps the 500gb console drop back down to $349. Which by all means may not be much of a discount at all especially considering what games you might be after and what unknown extra game gets bundled in, if that. Exclusive wise for example, Sunset Overdrive is $10 right now at The Source, Quantum Break is $49 at EB/Best Buy.

krae_man

Isn't Switch a mobile-centered device? With Tegra and everything? I don't see it costing above $249 US. Unless I am missing something?

Everybody is missing everything. We know nothing other then "it exists and looks like this"

We don't know screen resolution, specs, hard drive space, anything to make even an educated guess at price.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Everybody is missing everything. We know nothing other then "it exists and looks like this"

We don't know screen resolution, specs, hard drive space, anything to make even an educated guess at price.
Oh, I thought that thread leaked the specs? Pascal Tegra, 720p/60 tablet screen, up to 4K/30 when docked...etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
A) Not confirmed
B) There's other things that will impact cost other then chip and screen res.
Yea I know but the nature of it being a portable, I think that puts a ceiling on price.
But then again this isn't exactly advertised as portable only, but home console as well. Hmmmmm

No_Style

Like every year, I'm expecting bundles. From Microsoft Store itself, I can see an Xbox One S Halo: Collection 1TB for $399.99 ($50 off) w/ an extra newer $80 game (Battlefield 1, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3) and a digital code for another an older first party title like Quantum Break, Gears Ultimate etc

Here is what Amazon.ca offered last year: https://twitter.com/GameDealsCanada/status/670153869108895744

krae_man

Yea I know but the nature of it being a portable, I think that puts a ceiling on price.
But then again this isn't exactly advertised as portable only, but home console as well. Hmmmmm

What kind of phone can you get for $250?

This stuff this has that a phone doesn't will cost more to manufacture then the other way around.

Granted this is larger so they will benefit from having more space to work with but that will only take you so far.

antibolo

Banned
I really don't care about specs on a Nintendo console. I'm not a single console gamer and only buy Nintendo consoles for their games and exclusives. I'll buy all multi plats on the more powerful consoles like I've always done.

The hybrid portable nature of the system will make interesting for third-party games as well, even if they may have less shiny graphics than the other consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom