• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

Since it looks like Steam is going to be getting DS4 (my preferred controller) support, do you think it's worth getting the Xbox One PC controller? It's on sale for $45 at Best Buy right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Guys, is there a legit way to transfer best buy orders between accounts ? for some reason I had 2 orders went into the guest account after paying with paypal " one was yesterday and the other one is today" although I was logged into my original account.

i don't want to lose the rewards zone points. I have called BB customer service and the rep said that he doesn't know and he's gonaa look for help, after waiting for 5 minutes. he said there is no way -_-

I have tried using the "Get Missing Points " tool from RW page, but it keeps rejecting my Transaction.
I tried before as well and they told me "no" due to security reasons... :(

kennah

Kind of a niche thing so I don't want to add it to the regular BST thread.

I have an Ecobee 3 with the remote sensor that isn't compatible with the heating system in my new house. They're $300 + tax new, but I'd take $210 shipped for mine.

PM for pics and info.

www.ecobee.com

killroy87

Since it looks like Steam is going to be getting DS4 (my preferred controller) support, do you think it's worth getting the Xbox One PC controller? It's on sale for $45 at Best Buy right now.

...What am I missing here? Why would you buy the Xbone controller if PS4 is your preferred, and it's getting steam support?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on October 12, 2016 (Order #xx-XXXX-XXXXX):

"Battlefield 1 - PC (English) - Standard Edition"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

Ummm whaa?

Yesterday it was scheduled to arrive on time, the ol' green line was almost full... now:

Delivery date pending
You'll get an email as soon as we can provide you with a delivery estimate.

Wanted my Prime rebate so I pre-ordered. Worth?

Ryde3

If Amazon isn't shipping me BF1 until the 28th-4th why did they charge me for it yesterday. Jerks.

I had a PS4 version locked in at 50$, I had called and had it switched to PC, and they accomplished that by applying a 35$ credit to the PC version, which was awesome.

I got into CS chats yesterday AND the day before to check on the shipping because it still hadn't gone out, and both times they promised it would arrive today.

It still hadn't shipped today so I got in another chat, and they said it was out of stock. I obviously freaked out and after 20 mins in a chat, and 1 hour on the phone, I had them apply that 35$ credit to another pre-order, and the extended my Prime by 1 month, again.

Instead of waiting for it to come into stock or anything like that, I just decided to take the loss and bought it off cdkeys for 62$.

I'm honestly super frustrated and will never but a PC title off Amazon again, can't believe they don't do digital delivery yet.

Kyolux

The motherboard fucks up so you end up in a boot loop that you can't fix. Have to send it to LG.

Not 100% sure if the Rogers,etc whoever you got it from do replacements if it happens.

Hmm.. That's worrying. Do they all eventually do that? :/

BadHand

Called and they said that the refund was sent out on October 14th and should be showing up by Friday. Couldn't explain the email.

Will call next week again if that's not the case for sure. Definitely not a fair deal to do this days after the unit had arrived with that return policy.

Got on the phone with BB - haven't received my discount yet, of course. They have confirmed that their head office have reversed the refund that was being processed.

Waited for a Manager to speak to me, but they refused to do something as this was apparently "an order" from head office.

Spoke briefly to consumer protection who advised me that as the discount appeared on the receipt, this is covered under Distance Selling Regulations. They can help, but advised that the credit card company may be willing to partially refund part of the charges (this will be much faster). I'm also going to file a quick BBB complaint.

What shitty practices from Best Buy.

UPDATE: CC company says it isn't covered under their regulations because the discount was an internal promotion from best buy, not the advertised base price. Looks like Consumer Protection is the only way to go here.

i-Jest

Think we're going to get a halloween sale on PSN? I would really like Bloodborne the Complete Edition to go on sale.

Maybe. I can see Until Damn, Soulsborne games, MK games, and The Last of Us going on sale around that time. We'll have to wait and see though.

whitehawk

Banned
Is there a Shoppers Drug Mart in the GTA that's sells more electronics than others? Might be a long shot, but it'd be sweet to use my 180,000 optimum points towards a psvr.

The one near me only has an old Xbox one, Wii u and some xb1 games.

khaaan

Where are you seeing it for $45? I see it for $49.99.

My bad, I thought it was $45. I do have a $5 coupon though \o/

...What am I missing here? Why would you buy the Xbone controller if PS4 is your preferred, and it's getting steam support?

I don't know, that's what I'm wondering. The only reason I ever really wanted an Xbox controller (aside from wider compatibility) is that most PC games with controller support only provided Xbox prompts. It's a small thing but it bothered me. Would that be all I miss out on though? Like does the Xbox controller have some kind of navigation integration with Win10 itself that might make it more appealing at a higher level?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My bad, I thought it was $45. I do have a $5 coupon though \o/

I don't know, that's what I'm wondering. The only reason I ever really wanted an Xbox controller (aside from wider compatibility) is that most PC games with controller support only provided Xbox prompts. It's a small thing but it bothered me. Would that be all I miss out on though? Like does the Xbox controller have some kind of navigation integration with Win10 itself that might make it more appealing at a higher level?
Not really. In fact, the custom DS4 drivers turn the touchpad into a mouse that you can use to control the PC, so you actually get extra functionality there.

Out of curiosity, has anyone's PS4 copy of 'World of Final Fantasy' shipped out yet? My Vita copy shipped out yesterday, but not the PS4 copy.

I checked my order and it still says delivery on the 25th, but I found something curious. When I click on the item in my order it links to a 'Limited Edition' (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01ITXFF8Q/) which is Currently Unavailable. But when I search for World of Final Fantasy I come across the Standard Edition (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZQEPFUK/) which indicates that I've already ordered this item. Does this happen for anyone else?

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid with all of the issues that some people have been having. Probably should wait until next week before I start getting super paranoid. And yes, I'm a Prime member.

Out of curiosity, has anyone's PS4 copy of 'World of Final Fantasy' shipped out yet? My Vita copy shipped out yesterday, but not the PS4 copy.

I checked my order and it still says delivery on the 25th, but I found something curious. When I click on the item in my order it links to a 'Limited Edition' (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01ITXFF8Q/) which is Currently Unavailable. But when I search for World of Final Fantasy I come across the Standard Edition (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZQEPFUK/) which indicates that I've already ordered this item. Does this happen for anyone else?

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid with all of the issues that some people have been having. Probably should wait until next week before I start getting super paranoid. And yes, I'm a Prime member.

Prime member that changed my payment method yesterday and my order now says "delivery October 31 - November 1".

I also have that out of stock limited edition ordered...

kevin1025

Banned
going to pick up Mighty Number 9 and Just Cause today

30 bucks for two games seems like a great price

Just Cause 3 is a lot of fun! Just... go in knowing there will be performance issues. Personally it doesn't hurt the game for me since what's there is still a lot of fun, but it could hurt it for you.

Kyolux

Mine shipped out earlier today.

Also getting link to Limited edition, but it's Day one edition that gets the "you ordered this" message.

XBP

Ummm whaa?

Yesterday it was scheduled to arrive on time, the ol' green line was almost full... now:

Wanted my Prime rebate so I pre-ordered. Worth?

Got the same message and I cancelled my order, not worth waiting a couple if days for Amazon to ship this. Just going to order the game online.

sh1fty

This has probably already been talked about... but I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime and wanted to get my E3 pre-orders the additional 20% off and upgraded shipping.

After about 30 mins in an Amazon support chat... I'll be enjoying Battlefield 1 this Friday (release day delivery) for $39.99 CAD! The 20% prime discount is apparently going to be applied once the shipment is sent (so fingers crossed it works).

Very nice that this 20% discount stacks with other promotions (like E3).. either intentionally or unintentionally.

I'm still getting Battlefield 1 for $39.99, however the extra 20% wasn't taken off when it shipped last night... I had to open a support chat today and they are refunding my credit card the 20% (~$12 with tax).

It doesn't look like the Amazon Prime 20% will stack with the E3 20% promotion though.. I had no luck convincing them to knock down the price of my Persona 5 and ME Andromeda pre-orders.

I guess the difference is Battlefield 1 was $30 off so the list price was technically $49.99 and you're able to get the extra 20% with prime. P5 and ME Andromeda show up as $79.99 still but have a E3 Promo -20% underneath..

I also have that out of stock limited edition ordered...

Mine shipped out earlier today.

Also getting link to Limited edition, but it's Day one edition that gets the "you ordered this" message.

Ah, well that's good to know that I'm not the only one that has their order linking to the "Limited Edition", but the Day One having the "you ordered this". And even that yours got shipped out today Kyolux. Thanks for the responses!

farisr

Got on the phone with BB - haven't received my discount yet, of course. They have confirmed that their head office have reversed the refund that was being processed.

Waited for a Manager to speak to me, but they refused to do something as this was apparently "an order" from head office.

Spoke briefly to consumer protection who advised me that as the discount appeared on the receipt, this is covered under Distance Selling Regulations. They can help, but advised that the credit card company may be willing to partially refund part of the charges (this will be much faster). I'm also going to file a quick BBB complaint.

What shitty practices from Best Buy.

UPDATE: CC company says it isn't covered under their regulations because the discount was an internal promotion from best buy, not the advertised base price. Looks like Consumer Protection is the only way to go here.
I'm going to wait till Monday (holding out hope because one of my friends received his refund a couple of days ago), but will definitely not hesitate to contact Consumer Protection, BBB if it doesn't show up and they give me a "sorry, can't do anything, head office orders" explanation when I call them. Not going to let them get away with it. Really glad I have a copy of the original receipt. They actually changed the receipt if you go through order details now and check out the pdf.

Is there a Shoppers Drug Mart in the GTA that's sells more electronics than others? Might be a long shot, but it'd be sweet to use my 180,000 optimum points towards a psvr.

The one near me only has an old Xbox one, Wii u and some xb1 games.

Does the location you are talking about have wii u games or just the console? I've been looking to buy some 3DS and Wii U games with my points.

(I've been having a difficult time finding Shoppers locations with games anymore too)

BadHand

I'm going to wait till Monday (holding out hope because one of my friends received his refund a couple of days ago), but will definitely not hesitate to contact Consumer Protection, BBB if it doesn't show up and they give me a "sorry, can't do anything, head office orders" explanation when I call them. Not going to let them get away with it. Really glad I have a copy of the original receipt. They actually changed the receipt if you go through order details now and check out the pdf.

Unbelievable. I have mine printed too.

The BB is pointless I have since found out. They are unregistered and ignore complaints. Have a D- rating.

whitehawk

Banned
Does the location you are talking about have wii u games or just the console? I've been looking to buy some 3DS and Wii U games with my points.

(I've been having a difficult time finding Shoppers locations with games anymore too)
Pretty sure they just had XB1 games, but I'll post in her if I see a place selling games for other systems.

The place I was talking about was coxwell and Danforth btw.

farisr

Unbelievable. I have mine printed too.

The BB is pointless I have since found out. They are unregistered and ignore complaints. Have a D- rating.
Must've changed over the last three years. It worked out for me when they shipped my preordered ps4 a week late despite charging my credit card two days before release (while getting the system to people the next day when they put an order in on launch day). That was a relatively lofty case and still I got compensated, this one is a strong one so I was confident it wouldn't be be much of a hassle to go though the BBB and have this resolved but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom