• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually look online by searching through their catalogues.

I found out the library system (four locations) near me had video games and searched the three other libraries within 30 minutes to see what they had. I get them from two different cities' libraries from time to time.

khaaan

Speaking of libraries, you can usually also get items (games or otherwise) delivered to your location if you book them online. So if another library in your city has an item that your nearest one doesn't you can just ask to have it delivered and they'll call you to come pick it up when it gets there.

Quick

Banned
I have a BOGO 40% recycled games coupon for EB Games that expires in the next two days.

Looking for PS4 suggestions. I was thinking Mad Max, but I want to get something of equal value to make it really worth it.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of libraries, you can usually also get items (games or otherwise) delivered to your location if you book them online. So if another library in your city has an item that your nearest one doesn't you can just ask to have it delivered and they'll call you to come pick it up when it gets there.
i thought all of this stuff was common knowledge

it's so weird to me that people don't use their libraries! such a great resource. you can even "borrow" ebooks now, in addition to graphic novels, blu-rays, tv seasons, etc.

Savitar

Worth picking up at that price? I enjoyed Fallout 3 but never played any of the other Fallout games.

The hype for the game was massive and in the end the game couldn't live up to it. If you liked the past two Fallout games you will like this but it's kinda samey and really has nothing mind blowing to it. Definitely feels a lot more "we've been here before" and safe. Plus your sorta put on a route where your character is suppose to be good, the choices are pretty lackluster.

leeman

Worth picking up at that price? I enjoyed Fallout 3 but never played any of the other Fallout games.

Definitely worth the $19.99. I paid about $45 for it (E3 30% discount at Amazon) and still happy with the value I got out of it :).

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Don't expect anything more than Fallout 3-2. Fallout 3 was the last one I played and I was excited to see how much had changed in this nearly 10-years gap, and the answer was... not a whole lot. I sold the game a couple of days later.

lupinko

Amazon.com hasn't shipped my order yet, but I've been trying to cancel it since yesterday. I decided I'd rather keep the $200 USD than buy the Pokémon N3DS XL right now.

They said it's expected to shop on the 28th but with that I figure I still have time to cancel.

There doesn't seem to be a contact Amazon option about it?

Stage On

Amazon.com hasn't shipped my order yet, but I've been trying to cancel it since yesterday. I decided I'd rather keep the $200 USD than buy the Pokémon N3DS XL right now.

They said it's expected to shop on the 28th but with that I figure I still have time to cancel.

There doesn't seem to be a contact Amazon option about it?

Have you tried the mobile version of the site? I've heard that sometimes you can cancel stuff thought that when it won't work on the normal version

lupinko

Have you tried the mobile version of the site? I've heard that sometimes you can cancel stuff thought that when it won't work on the normal version

I sound the email Amazon option as I turned on my laptop.

I tried cancelling on my laptop and on my iPhone, and that's using both mobile and desktop versions and still no go. :/

If it ships I'll just keep the order but I would rather have it cancelled now and not deal with it.

Kiro

Fallout 4 is complete garbage. I'm glad I got it for Christmas and didn't spend a dime on it.

Anyone play Titanfall 2? I have it preordered pretty low for ps4 but didn't get a chance to try the beta. Worth keeping?

N° 2048

Fallout 4 is complete garbage. I'm glad I got it for Christmas and didn't spend a dime on it.

Anyone play Titanfall 2? I have it preordered pretty low for ps4 but didn't get a chance to try the beta. Worth keeping?

Titanfail 2 beta was absolute shit. They ruined everything about the MP and I played the first one a lot.

Fallout 4 was fantastic, imo, I put over 500 hours into it and @ 19.99 that's a great deal.

Madness

Meh. Felt off. Felt more like a worse copy of TF1 than a sequel. Up against CoD and BF1, don't think it has a chance much. If you have a super low price like below 39.99 or less, keep it. Otherwise you'd probably be better off cancelling and picking it up later for a cheaper price.

Luigi87

I find the World of Final Fantasy Day One Edition, and Limited Edition (not to be confused with the Collector's Edition) to be fascinating. They're both priced the same, but the latter comes in a different packaging as it also includes the 24-page artbook.

I wasn't sure if they were still $50 or not, so I didn't say anything. I sold my unused one for $50 yesterday, but I paid more than that before the price went up to $74.99.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Titanfail 2 beta was absolute shit. They ruined everything about the MP and I played the first one a lot.

Fallout 4 was fantastic, imo, I put over 500 hours into it and @ 19.99 that's a great deal.
Apparently they fixed it, but honestly they put so much effort into the singleplayer that I'd be happy to play it just for that.

It helps that it was one of the 50 dollar games that was on Amazon's list last summer.

I cancelled a colouring book order, forgetting that if I ordered something else with the money it wouldn't be enough for free shipping. That's my brainfart for the day.

There are three I want to order (Color Your Own Spider-Man, Star Wars: Rogue One and Buffy the Vampire Slayer -- which I cancelled for now since it was still just full price and not releasing until January) so I'll order them all together.

Qwyjibo

I'm getting Titanfall 2 for PC. Hopefully my friends and I end up playing this one for more than a month this time. The first one had some truly great mechanics but there just wasn't enough of a game there.

I think I'll buy Titanfall 2 and keep it for a week. If I love it, I'll keep it, and if not, I'll return it for my money back.

Same with Battlefield 1.

Neither game has cemented itself as a must own for me, and since I didn't like Battefield 3 or 4 I don't expect to want to keep 1.

N° 2048

I think I'll buy Titanfall 2 and keep it for a week. If I love it, I'll keep it, and if not, I'll return it for my money back.

Same with Battlefield 1.

Neither game has cemented itself as a must own for me, and since I didn't like Battefield 3 or 4 I don't expect to want to keep 1.

Wait, where are you returning opened games?

Wait what

Do they then resell those returned games as "New"? (or what they claim to be New)

If so then even more reasons not to shop there.

They have a satisfaction guarantee, which varies in length.

When you return a game, you get your money back in credit and the next purchase is a final sale so to speak, as it's a one-time thing.

I haven't done it much, but it's a nice option to have. I think they return them as defective or other sometimes, but I don't know what the proper protocol is. I assume they eventually go back on the shelf as used games.

Harusame

Wait what

Do they then resell those returned games as "New"? (or what they claim to be New)

If so then even more reasons not to shop there.

For returns on games that have been sold in less than 7 days (under the EB Edge satisfaction guarantee) they are not allowed to be resold, they are instead sent back to head office under "defective." As OCDChewie mentioned, if you return a game under 7 days of purchase, you get full credit towards another game however the credit has to be spent that day and cannot be saved to your account, and the game that you buy with the credit is final sale.

Depending on what head office those with those "defective" games, it either sent back to stores to be sold as refurbished or sent back to the publishers.

For returns on games that have been sold in less than 7 days (under the EB Edge satisfaction guarantee) they are not allowed to be resold, they are instead sent back to head office under "defective." As OCDChewie mentioned, if you return a game under 7 days of purchase, you get full credit towards another game however the credit has to be spent that day and cannot be saved to your account, and the game that you buy with the credit is final sale.

Depending on what head office those with those "defective" games, it either sent back to stores to be sold as refurbished or sent back to the publishers.

That's kind of weird.

I bought a copy at EB when it was $40 new, on sale. It's still sealed (with their sticker) and I haven't had time to play it. Well, energy, I should say.

I've been trying to sell it on Kijiji with no luck. I'll eventually get to it even if I do sell it (I'll buy it cheaper down the road), but am not in a rush given my backlog.

I already beat the game once, on another system. The only reason I rebought it was to play the expansion.

Corey31

A large number of Wii U Nintendo Selects (Pikmin, Wind Waker, Lego City etc) are $19.99 on Amazon.ca right now.

Same with 3DS

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Tomodatchi Life
Mario Party: island Tour
Yoshi's New Island
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Only the Wii ones are not on sale for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom