• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
I had a PS4 version locked in at 50$, I had called and had it switched to PC, and they accomplished that by applying a 35$ credit to the PC version, which was awesome.

I got into CS chats yesterday AND the day before to check on the shipping because it still hadn't gone out, and both times they promised it would arrive today.

It still hadn't shipped today so I got in another chat, and they said it was out of stock. I obviously freaked out and after 20 mins in a chat, and 1 hour on the phone, I had them apply that 35$ credit to another pre-order, and the extended my Prime by 1 month, again.

Instead of waiting for it to come into stock or anything like that, I just decided to take the loss and bought it off cdkeys for 62$.

I'm honestly super frustrated and will never but a PC title off Amazon again, can't believe they don't do digital delivery yet.

I just pay for shipping to make sure I get it day 1 when I really want a game right away so I'm not bothered much by it being late, I just don't like that they're charging me a week + in advance. That's not cool.

oh heck yeah. my library got Paper Mario Color Splash.

i ended up canceling my pre-order but i still want to try it

Niiiice, I remember seeing Tokyo Mirage Sessions at one of mine. Maybe I'll check that out soon. There's some reaaally generous Wii U owner in my area. :V

EDIT: Three holds. Cool they have it. Guess I'll put my name on there.

SickBoy

So, Intelcom, huh? I saw one of their vans in my neighbourhood today.

Later in the day, I got a shipping notification that some Lego I ordered this morning is going to arrive via those guys. So I guess it begins. (Also, scheduled to arrive tomorrow... so I guess that's potentially cool.)

Ryde3

I just pay for shipping to make sure I get it day 1 when I really want a game right away so I'm not bothered much by it being late, I just don't like that they're charging me a week + in advance. That's not cool.

In my situation it was day 1 shipping also, I have Prime - the same is sold out.

terrible

Banned
In my situation it was day 1 shipping also, I have Prime - the same is sold out.

Yeah that's really annoying.

I had that happen to me with the Day 1 Edition of Dark Souls and I ended up getting them to switch to the standard edition so I could still get it day 1. I'm still a bit annoyed that I don't have the soundtrack even now hah. How they managed to not have stock for me when I pre-ordered I think probably the day it was first available I'll never know.

Lets be honest though, as long as Amazon has the best prices for pre-orders we'll all still buy from them. I will say that I have been buying a lot less non gaming stuff from them because of all this BS though. If something is the same price somewhere else I buy there instead. Amazon's shipping and customer service is garbage now.

Later in the day, I got a shipping notification that some Lego I ordered this morning is going to arrive via those guys. So I guess it begins. (Also, scheduled to arrive tomorrow... so I guess that's potentially cool.)

Intelcom dice:

[1] If you're really lucky, they'll find their way to your door.
[2-3] They may just leave it at your apartment door. Risky, but it sure beats...
[4-6] Claims to attempt delivery but never rings your apartment

It's to the point that I feel it's worth printing your apartment buzzer code in the second line on your Amazon shipping address, just to give them no excuse.

UPS delivered Battlefield today. The driver knocked (lightly), left the game on the porch, and hightailed it back to his truck. It's like he was playing a prank or something.

Dramos

I had my BF1 (via Amazon) copy delivered yesterday by Intelcom.No company courrier van and the delivery agent was 2 hours late on their ETA however he the guy was nice and unlike Post Canada he rang my doorbell.

leeman

Got it for around that price thanks to Amazon's E3 sales and I still regret it. Had 30$ trade in value though so I didn't lose out too much.

I have a feeling it will gradually go lower, seems to be in freefall mode. It reviewed badly which I don't understand, I really enjoyed it.

SickBoy

Due to the blow-dryer effect of playing any demanding games on my PS4, I'm seriously considering trading for the Slim (though if Nintendo would reveal the Switch price I could determine whether I could afford to wait and upgrade to the Pro)...

ANYWAY, my chief concern is ensuring everything I've got is properly backed up -- is there anything, other than maybe game captures, that I should expect won't be backed up to cloud saves?

Still not sure I'm going to do it, but definitely started thinking about it last night when I put on headphones just so I could play Doom.

Due to the blow-dryer effect of playing any demanding games on my PS4, I'm seriously considering trading for the Slim (though if Nintendo would reveal the Switch price I could determine whether I could afford to wait and upgrade to the Pro)...

ANYWAY, my chief concern is ensuring everything I've got is properly backed up -- is there anything, other than maybe game captures, that I should expect won't be backed up to cloud saves?.

You can back up -everything- to a USB hard drive if you want. Or if you buy a Slim / Pro without selling your old one you can transfer over Ethernet.

eyesradar

Any game stores still sell GBAs and link cables? In Toronto or Vancouver

theres quite a few retro game stores in Toronto, IIRC theres one on Spadina near College called A&C. Also theres one in a run down flea market on Dixie in Mississauga called GameExperts.

Theres another booth inside of the flea market at Hwy27/Albino (but only opens on weekends) that sells retro stuff + new stuff. Sometimes you can get stuff early there. The boss guy is really nice.

I think there should be plenty of these kinds of stores in the eastend / markham+richmond hills as well.

Man people are weirdly down on Star Ocean round here. IaF was still a far cry better than 3 and 4 were. Plus being brief as it is it doesn't over stay its welcome.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
oh heck yeah. my library got Paper Mario Color Splash.

i ended up canceling my pre-order but i still want to try it

How do I know if a library has video games?

There's one near my house and I'll definitely sign up for a card if they loan out video games.

kevin1025

Banned
How legit is that site?

I recently bought a code on allkeyshop, never received my key.

I bought Arkham Knight and Skyrim Legendary Edition off them, it is definitely legit. You pay, they send you a text with a code, you punch in the code on their site and then it sends you an image of the game key. Easy enough. I'm buying Titanfall 2 off them this week, hard to beat the price.

leeman

Man people are weirdly down on Star Ocean round here. IaF was still a far cry better than 3 and 4 were. Plus being brief as it is it doesn't over stay its welcome.

100% agree, I thought it was great! Perfect length / pacing. Only issue was the story was sort of tame, but otherwise I loved it!

Sold another controller (white DualShock 4 I didn't use) today. Feels good. Now I'm just down to two of those, one of which I want to keep (COD) and the other of which I'll unfortunately have to trade in or sell with console.

farisr

Unbelievable. I have mine printed too.

The BB is pointless I have since found out. They are unregistered and ignore complaints. Have a D- rating.
Contacted them, frontline agent said they couldn't do anything as they don't have authorization. Said a supervisor would call back in 24 hours.

Anyways, have the original receipt, know the exact times and dates that I've called in on regarding this. Definitely gonna contact consumer protection and BBB if supervisor doesn't do anything. It's a strong case. Had they went back on the offer before the headset shipped out, that'd be different. But doing it 5 days after the item was at my door, that has specific special policy of "no returns if opened". They screwed up. Not gonna let this go, regardless of how much time it takes.

khaaan

I'm starting to feel like we aren't going to get NES Mini here :(

How do I know if a library has video games?

There's one near my house and I'll definitely sign up for a card if they loan out video games.

You can usually look up your city's library online and they'll have a website where you can specify location and item to see if they have it in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom