• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

World of FF out for delivery.

I need to finish the RotTR baba-yaga dlc, but then I'm set on starting that.

Just gotta find some time to squeeze in some Rigs, Battlezone and Eve at some point this week.

My WoFF says "preparing for shipment" yet it says that it's gonna ship on the 28 with an estimate delivery of "October 31 - November 1"... oh and I'm prime too.

Kyolux

My WoFF says "preparing for shipment" yet it says that it's gonna ship on the 28 with an estimate delivery of "October 31 - November 1"... oh and I'm prime too.

Ordered during E3 2015. May be why? That $41.99 is nice to see too. I think I would have held on it if it wasn't this low. I really liked the 4 previews at the end of the demo, but I think I could have waited for it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well ask too: any place to get a 64 gb Vita card at a decent-ish price? Now that full (unofficial) PSP compatibility is about to happen, I think it's time to finally do that memory upgrade I've been thinking about for years, but no way am I paying $150 for that (...I'm afraid it's either that or nothing, however...).

N° 2048

Might as well ask too: any place to get a 64 gb Vita card at a decent-ish price? Now that full (unofficial) PSP compatibility is about to happen, I think it's time to finally do that memory upgrade I've been thinking about for years, but no way am I paying $150 for that (...I'm afraid it's either that or nothing, however...).

I'd be ok with 32gb or paying a bit more for 64gb. Might drive down to RCSS like poster above suggested if my girlfriend isn't too tired from work.

A large number of Wii U Nintendo Selects (Pikmin, Wind Waker, Lego City etc) are $19.99 on Amazon.ca right now.

Same with 3DS

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Tomodatchi Life
Mario Party: island Tour
Yoshi's New Island
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Only the Wii ones are not on sale for some reason.

Good alternative to the EB deal if you don't need a Wii Remote.

Firestorm

It'll be F2P soon enough, why spend the $10? Just asking a rhetorical question to anyone thinking of buying it, not really trying to shit on LP for posting it.
$10 will probably be solid value for whatever they compensate people who bought the game with as it'll probably be $60 USD worth of in game stuff at least.

antibolo

Banned
I wish Costco had better shipping for prepaid cards.

Even with the digital distribution PSN cards there is still a delay, you don't get your code immediately.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish Costco had better shipping for prepaid cards.

Even with the digital distribution PSN cards there is still a delay, you don't get your code immediately.
That's because they are just a front-end retailer for that Codes2Go company. Staples uses them too.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or has been posted already, so forgive me if I'm just repeating old news. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you will receive 20% off of preorders and newly released titles (up to 2 weeks after launch). So all the $79.99 titles show up at $63.99.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_2772820_212074290_pe_ecg/?node=15281452011

Yup, discussed a few weeks back when Amazon first started doing this.

Yesasia seems to be the cheapest option at the moment. (No affiliation with Play-Asia, as far as I know.) I've ordered stuff from them a bunch of times in the past. The big thing is that worldwide shipping is free, though keep in mind that it could take as long as a month for it to get to you if you pick the free option, especially around the holidays. Paying for registered airmail is probably the best balance between speed and not getting hit by customs. (I've heard the SAL options are more likely to get hit with duties, but I don't know how true that is in practice.)

tl;dr if you can wait a month for shipping and have a card like the Amazon.ca rewards VISA that doesn't charge currency exchange fees, you could potentially get a 64GB card for $120-ish. But otherwise, yeah, $140-150.

Luigi87

No World of Final Fantasy shipping for me.
I'm not on Prime though.

No biggie, it would be tossed onto the backlog anyway.

I am Prime, but mine hasn't shipped yet (Preparing though.) When I became Prime, I asked them to switch me to free two-day shipping on my WoFF order, but it seems they made it Standard Shipping and removed the cost of it.
Oh well, not in a rush.

Anyone pre-order Battlefield 1 through Amazon? I did and paid for extra shipping and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Says arriving Friday. I've never had anything from FS, BB or Amazon ship so late.

BadWolf

Anyone pre-order Battlefield 1 through Amazon? I did and paid for extra shipping and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Says arriving Friday. I've never had anything from FS, BB or Amazon ship so late.

I have it pre-ordered with free shipping, says Friday for me as well. Not shipped yet.

Kyolux

So I received this version.

For those wondering about the mixup.

918V80KtgmL._SL1500_.jpg

Kyolux

Not sure what's on Day one.

But this one has the 24 pages Artbook.

And then.

Lilikin Sephiroth, White Chocobo, Glow Moogle and Red Bonnetberry (a cute tonberry with a read cloak).

3 exclusive mirages (I guess those last 3), Sephiroth summon, and japanese VO DLC.

Edit: That damn booklet can't seem to be taken out of the slipcase.

Not sure what's on Day one.

But this one has the 24 pages Artbook.

And then.

Lilikin Sephiroth, White Chocobo, Glow Moogle and Red Bonnetberry (a cute tonberry with a read cloak).

3 exclusive mirages (I guess those last 3), Sephiroth summon, and japanese VO DLC.

Edit: That damn booklet can't seem to be taken out of the slipcase.

The day one must be missing the artbook and that's it.

Luigi87

The day one must be missing the artbook and that's it.

That's exactly it. The Day One Edition has no artbook, and simply comes in the PS4 case, while the Limited Edition comes with the artbook, and is inserted into a cardboard case. Both cost the same price.

My Amazon copy for example on the order status page, when I click it it links me to the Limited Edition, in spite of my order not saying Limited Edition.

Kyolux

So weird thing. Seems like I can download the whole game with the digital code that came with it? Not sure why else there would be a 8.7 GB file just called "World of Final Fantasy"?

That's exactly it. The Day One Edition has no artbook, and simply comes in the PS4 case, while the Limited Edition comes with the artbook, and is inserted into a cardboard case. Both cost the same price.

My Amazon copy for example on the order status page, when I click it it links me to the Limited Edition, in spite of my order not saying Limited Edition.

I had the same thing.

edit: Yup. It won't let me download it unless I delete the Disc version.

UberTag

I have it pre-ordered with free shipping, says Friday for me as well. Not shipped yet.
I just expect games from Amazon to arrive a week after their release day now. Longer if you got a super-cheap pre-order. I'm not expecting Battlefield 1 until sometime next week and Titanfall 2 the week after that thanks to their $49.99 pricetags.

I could order something from Amazon Japan right now and receive it in less time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
When are Best Buy and Amazon gonna get with the times and start selling digital codes for games?? They gonna be saving a fortune on shipping and people will be more inclined to get digital out of convenience.

When are Best Buy and Amazon gonna get with the times and start selling digital codes for games?? They gonna be saving a fortune on shipping and people will be more inclined to get digital out of convenience.

This so much. Luckily Amazon USA codes work on Canadian PSN (not sure about Xbox Live). I've gotten decent deals buying digitally from them even with the exchange rate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think everyone's E3 pre-order for World of Final Fantasy from a year ago got bumped to the LE.

I noticed when I went to go check the current price via My Orders, and it linked to the LE.
I was going to cancel because there's no way I have time for a 100 hour RPG right now especially with FFXV around the corner, but now it's too late because it's being shipped to day, set to arrive Nov 2-4.

Nothing beats when already discounted MGR pre-orders at Best Buy got bumped to the plasma lamp LE, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom