• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
Have most places already started charging $70 for 1 year of PS+?

I'm at the airport and pretty sure the source popup shop here is selling it for $50, is that rare? Tempted to buy it even though I'm already good for another year.

Luigi87

So my work (BB. Weirdly we're getting select guides in store now) got shipped the Skyrim SE Prima CE Guide today... Naturally couldn't look inside as it's plastic wrap sealed, but... damn.

I've never actually played Skyrim in spite of having it, and just got the free upgrade to SE on Steam, but man... I think I may want to buy that book. It's pretty damn insane and gorgeous.

kennah

So my work (BB. Weirdly we're getting select guides in store now) got shipped the Skyrim SE Prima CE Guide today... Naturally couldn't look inside as it's plastic wrap sealed, but... damn.

I've never actually played Skyrim in spite of having it, and just got the free upgrade to SE on Steam, but man... I think I may want to buy that book. It's pretty damn insane and gorgeous.
Treat yo'self

kevin1025

Banned
The thing to remember about Battlefront is it's going to be on EA Access and Origin Access starting next month. Might even be this new ultimate edition, based on the editions of their games that they offer in both.

So if you have a PC or an Xbox One, you could get your fill of the game with a $5 one-month subscription.

farisr

The thing to remember about Battlefront is it's going to be on EA Access and Origin Access starting next month. Might even be this new ultimate edition, based on the editions of their games that they offer in both.

So if you have a PC or an Xbox One, you could get your fill of the game with a $5 one-month subscription.
only reason I want battlefront is the vr mission, so despite having an Xbox one and EA access, it does me no good. Glad this version is coming out as it should make the regular edition drop in price even further.

kevin1025

Banned
only reason I want battlefront is the vr mission, so despite having an Xbox one and EA access, it does me no good. Glad this version is coming out as it should make the regular edition drop in price even further.

That's true. Black Friday will be really interesting for that!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A vague question.

Whats the go to for trade in or selling our games in Canada now?

Last i really did much of it, best buy used to have some good bonuses for certain games once in a while.

I can always use kijiji, i know,

Im starting to regret having some of these games sitting around and not selling them to fund newer ones.

You're either trading them into EB or a local retailer or selling them yourself basically.

SickBoy

It was Canada Post

I think clothing is a relatively heavily protected sector in terms of duties, unfortunately. Tech -- aka what most of us video game fans import -- generally has pretty minimal import fees, so charges on products like clothing seem pretty crazy.

explodet

Anyone who plays MTG know a good place to preorder the new Commander 2016 sets that's not facetofacegames? Kana hasn't put them up yet and those are the only places I ever buy from.
I'm preordering from 401 Games, but they're a local store so I'll just be picking my decks up, I don't know what their shipping is like.

Madness

I am not willing to wait an extra 10-17 days for Amazon to ship RDR2... so disappointed with their recent shenanigans of not allowing a game to ship just because it is free shipping.

kevin1025

Banned
I am not willing to wait an extra 10-17 days for Amazon to ship RDR2... so disappointed with their recent shenanigans of not allowing a game to ship just because it is free shipping.

$72.79 is a pretty sexy price for the two-day shipping non-Prime version.

It isn't the best price ever, but it does solve the worry of getting it insanely late.

UberTag

$72.79 is a pretty sexy price for the two-day shipping non-Prime version.

It isn't the best price ever, but it does solve the worry of getting it insanely late.
I'm still expecting it two weeks after release like most heavily discounted non-Prime games.

UberTag

Does that still happen, even with actual shipping payment? All my previous orders have been Prime preview discounted so I don't know about this personally.
Oh if you're a non-Prime customer that's paying for shipping I'm sure you'll get it much sooner than that.

daevv

Why is that? They want me lose any discount gained to pay extra for faster shipping? My $49 E3 pre-order of Battlefield 1 only shipped yesterday. I'm in Newfoundland too so I expect almost another week for shipping.

terrible

Banned
Does that still happen, even with actual shipping payment? All my previous orders have been Prime preview discounted so I don't know about this personally.

I always get my games day 1 when I pay for day 1 shipping. Free shipping though? Lol. I hear Battlefield 1 is a good game. I wouldn't know, mine hasn't shipped.

Haines

Banned
Sadly I assume my order will only ship on Friday since Walmart doesn't ship early (if I am remembering correctly)

Oh. I go through amazon and they are hit and miss.

I have a lot of free time this weekend and want to play so bad, but im not going to preorder if it doesnt come friday.

Madness

It never really happened for me before. Prime, 2 day ship, or free shipping, if the item was in stock, Amazon shipped it. But recently, with Gears 4 and all other preorders, the arrival windows for all free shipping titles became 10-17 days from launch. Even customer service stated they did not know why my game wasn't shipping due to some 'unforeseen circumstances'. They created a new order and changed shipping to 2 day ship, and literally 2 hours later, I get a notice saying game has left warehouse and by 7 am the next day was out for delivery. Why? Because Amazon sees that it is an expedited shipping order and shipped it. They had thousands of copies in their warehouse less than 25 mins from my house, it was sent to the canada post sort facility in Richmond maybe 20ish minutes away etc.

Why is that? They want me lose any discount gained to pay extra for faster shipping? My $49 E3 pre-order of Battlefield 1 only shipped yesterday. I'm in Newfoundland too so I expect almost another week for shipping.

Exactly. The extra money is sheer profit for Amazon. They don't share that with the devs/publishers. They will tell EA or Activision or MS that they sold the game for $49.99, and the shipping is all gravy for them.

Kyolux

For people who got the PSVR recently and were interested in Robinson, there is a really nice 30$ discount for Prime members on Robinson The Journey (instead of being 69.99$). Pre-ordered mine already. :)

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M26QZQ1/

Thanks for the heads-up.

Ordered it. I thought this would be digital only. (Also that it wouldn't be full price). But with that prime discount + the $5 from CSR I got lately. Worth getting it physical.

Though shipping seems to be late on it, like a week late, even with Prime. Hope that's going to change. But otherwise, oh well. I have a huge backlog and I'm focusing so much on WoFF right now. (with some vr sessions here and there because it's so good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom