• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Here's a nice freebie for everyone. The Xbox One version of Borderlands Handsome Edition is FREE!!!

http://redirectingat.com/?id=2927x5...andsome-collection-unlock-bundle/bvrk77xxgbwb

Here's the actual link to the above with the redirecting garbage the above link is trying to pull:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...andsome-collection-unlock-bundle/bvrk77xxgbwb

Thanks. Always love a freebie

It's a free weekend.

timnich

Just ordered a couple items from Amazon.ca for a reno I'm doing, looking at invoice I noticed I was not charged any tax...is that normal? The invoice should reflect taxes, right? Or is it updated at a later time?

BadHand

So I'm thinking about signing up to Prime. Does anyone know if:

-That 20% discount on games is retroactive? (apply to orders where I already get 20% off) and is it automatic or do I need to contact support?
-My wife is a full-time student, do you think I can sign up using her .student email? (any issues with this?)

Kyolux

-That 20% discount on games is retroactive? (apply to orders where I already get 20% off) and is it automatic or do I need to contact support?
-My wife is a full-time student, do you think I can sign up using her .student email? (any issues with this?)

1) Not retroactive as far as I've experienced.
2) I think that's fine.

zroid

Banned
pokemon giveaway at toys r us

cdadee4535bb4004ab0434415360a977.png

daevv

Exactly. The extra money is sheer profit for Amazon. They don't share that with the devs/publishers. They will tell EA or Activision or MS that they sold the game for $49.99, and the shipping is all gravy for them.

Is this something they do for new video games only? I ordered a new board game last month with free shipping and it was sent the next day.

antibolo

Banned

The 20% discount is meant to be non-stackable with other promos.

khaaan

Got an email from EB:

Get $210 towards a PS4 Pro when you trade a PS4 or XB1. That's probably more than I expected to get, I don't know if I want to brave the world of Kijiji and try and get $250 out of someone.

Edit: Also they're having some $2 used game sale but I didn't look into it cause none of the titles looked interesting.

Lexxism

Got an email from EB:

Get $210 towards a PS4 Pro when you trade a PS4 or XB1. That's probably more than I expected to get, I don't know if I want to brave the world of Kijiji and try and get $250 out of someone.

Edit: Also they're having some $2 used game sale but I didn't look into it cause none of the titles looked interesting.
Yeah, received that email too but when I clicked the link I don't see the PS4 Pro offer.

Kyolux

Got an email from EB:

huh, that's interesting. I may get a Pro then. I wonder if I'd get anything for my extra, fat PS3 that I baked to repair a year or two ago. (if it still works)

Also, I'll have to back up my save files again (the rest I'm redownloading, yay unlimited internet) and switch out my hybrid drive to put it in the pro.

BTails

Got an email from EB:

Nice. I've got $50 down on a PS4 Pro already, I was expecting $150 tops tradein for my PS4, happy to hear it'll be even more.

So 354$ after tax for a Pro for Ontario folk.

Hmmmm...debating it. I still want to see how much of a difference it makes for 1080p players. If most devs just opt for downsampling I'm not sure that's enough for me. If games like FFXV run poorly on regular but not on Pro, that's a different story.

khaaan

Is this going to be active around November 10? I don't want to get rid of my PS4 until the Pro is out.

Not sure, it looks sort of like a Halloween promo so it might be this weekend only. I'll ask today and find out.

So 354$ after tax for a Pro for Ontario folk.

Hmmmm...debating it. I still want to see how much of a difference it makes for 1080p players. If most devs just opt for downsampling I'm not sure that's enough for me. If games like FFXV run poorly on regular but not on Pro, that's a different story.

Wait, how did you get $354?

I have ($499 - $210) * 1.13 = 326.57

And then probably +~$5 for the Environmental fee unless consoles are classified as something big.

etta

my hard graphic balls
+$500 for the new MacBooks in Canada.
13" touch bar at $2300 before tax.
$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

Are you fucking stupid Apple?

Dual core i5 and shitty GPU.
$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.

When I traded my PS3 to PS4 in 2013, the credit was deducted before taxes. If it still the same, you are looking at 289.99 before taxes. Plus the 10% credit if it is stackable.

Good point! Definitely helps make it more appealing.

Not sure, it looks sort of like a Halloween promo so it might be this weekend only. I'll ask today and find out.

Wait, how did you get $354?

I have ($499 - $210) * 1.13 = 326.57

And then probably +~$5 for the Environmental fee unless consoles are classified as something big.

I deducted it after taxes on the regular price. You both are probably correct about it.

Firestorm

$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.
In the US too -.- It's $1800 USD ($2400 CAD) now for the base 13" touch bar one. Surface Book starts at like $3100 though. Laptops...

leeman

$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.

Uhhh, wow, won't be updating my current MBP anytime soon...

Dazzler

I've been waiting to update my MBP (2011) for a while now and these prices are pushing me towards a Windows machine

Outrageous pricing that will be a huge misstep for them imo

Anyone order wave 1 of the Mechs and Minions board game into Canada?

Mine arrived today, but also a refund of about 20 bucks as well, basically the "tax and duty" part of the bill. No complaints here! I asked around other folks I know who got in on Wave 2 and they haven't been refunded. Anyone in on wave 1?

$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.

lol it's so silly, because these prices are outrageous even by Apple standards

Gitaroo

Got an email from EB:

How long does this promo last? Because I want to pick up my pro first and transfer all my stuffs over to the new system before I trade in my old one. I don't have an extra hdd to spare.

i-Jest

$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.

Your paying for the name and all the stupid shit it pulls, which its hardcore consumers will accept regardless.

fooish101

Anyone order wave 1 of the Mechs and Minions board game into Canada?

Mine arrived today, but also a refund of about 20 bucks as well, basically the "tax and duty" part of the bill. No complaints here! I asked around other folks I know who got in on Wave 2 and they haven't been refunded. Anyone in on wave 1?

Mines waiting at the post office going to pick er up after work, was the refund in the package or did it get submitted to your card?

Hope you enjoy it!

I have $212 remaining on my PS4 Pro order at EB. Hmm. I already have a bunch of games to trade in and kind of just want to do the easy transfer method. I may trade in the OG PS4 towards the Switch.

Renewed

Does the backup utility work? (I basically want to keep PT)

I mean, I couldn't tell you if it'll work there but in my case I borrowed a friend's PS4 to play Bloodborne on my account. Then I moved everything to my USB before giving it back and now it's sitting in a HDD. I think it just lets you re-install the game when you bring over the USB drive and copy the contents to system storage.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Your paying for the name and all the stupid shit it pulls, which its hardcore consumers will accept regardless.
I mean, a few yesrs ago it was decent. The newest refresh of a 13" base MacBook Pro could be had at $1300-$1400. Now it's fucking $1000 more, are they fucking stupid?
This shit won't sell, their financials will tank even further. Then they gonna come up with some stupid shit like "no one buys laptops anymore, everyone likes tablets". Like no fucking shit we buy tablets instead when your fucking laptops start at $2000.

$2600 with tax.
For 13".
$2600.

$2600.
Starts at $3390 for 15".

What.
The.
Fuck.

Seriously, those prices are nuts. Nearly a 1000$ for a phone(no contract) and 2400$ for a laptop? No wonder apple's sales are down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom