• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how prime's 20% isn't killing the E3 discounts instead it's converting them to like $2.68 giving you a perfectly reasonable window to contact support saying that the E3 20% has been obviously miscalculated because it actually was.

Anony

pokemon giveaway at toys r us

cdadee4535bb4004ab0434415360a977.png

are all toysrus doing this?

Looks like they were aiming at the high-end with the new MBPs. Considering MS just introduced a new Surface Book that starts at $3000+, I'm not that surprised.

khaaan

I stopped by EB and got details.

Promotion: Trade in a PS4/XB1 towards a PS4 Pro and get $210
Starts: October 28, 2016 (Tomorrow)
Ends: November 27, 2016
Promotion does not stack with any other offers, including any Edge card bonuses.

Kyolux

Promotion does not stack with any other offers, including any Edge card bonuses.

Considering I got my OG PS4 for $350 2.5 years ago, that's not bad. I'll probably get a pro it seems.

SickBoy

Huh. Weird. I didn't expect to get any additional savings on Titanfall from Amazon because it seemed like the E3 promo disappeared when they price-matched Walmart (I ordered before they matched on the assumption they might match and then I'd get it for $40).

But today I got a shipping notification and they took $7.62 off (as "E3 20% off"... of course, it's really like "E3 15.3% off"). I'm pretty pleased with that. Anyone else have something similar?

If it wasn't a total surprise, maybe I'd raise the issue, but I figure I won't push my luck for $2.38 :)

EDIT: ...the rest of my order had previously been showing $32 off (two $80 games and Zelda, which had dropped to $56 for no apparent reason and I'm likely to cancel anyway)... still says $32, so I'll have to keep a close eye when the next game ships in the middle of next year that they haven't screwed me over.

i-Jest

I mean, a few yesrs ago it was decent. The newest refresh of a 13" base MacBook Pro could be had at $1300-$1400. Now it's fucking $1000 more, are they fucking stupid?
This shit won't sell, their financials will tank even further. Then they gonna come up with some stupid shit like "no one buys laptops anymore, everyone likes tablets". Like no fucking shit we buy tablets instead when your fucking laptops start at $2000.

Times are rough and the dollar isn't in the best place, so that could be the reason for the increase in price.......maybe. Either that or consumers are seeing the consequences of buying all Apple, all the time, at whatever price Apple sets. They know people will still buy regardless of whatever gimmick, feature, or price is introduced. I think we're seeing that with PS4 and PS+ right?

For as long as it's been out, you'd think we'd see a price drop by now for PS4 or have some hint of it, especially with the Slim, but Sony won't do it because they know people WILL pay their toll. That toll is rather hefty. PS+ price increase is coming but, if I remember reading correctly in comments, their's no need to increase it as much as its going to be. Sony will do this because they KNOW people will pay whatever price they want to play online over PSN.

kaiyo

Huh. Weird. I didn't expect to get any additional savings on Titanfall from Amazon because it seemed like the E3 promo disappeared when they price-matched Walmart (I ordered before they matched on the assumption they might match and then I'd get it for $40).

But today I got a shipping notification and they took $7.62 off (as "E3 20% off"... of course, it's really like "E3 15.3% off"). I'm pretty pleased with that. Anyone else have something similar?

If it wasn't a total surprise, maybe I'd raise the issue, but I figure I won't push my luck for $2.38 :)

EDIT: ...the rest of my order had previously been showing $32 off (two $80 games and Zelda, which had dropped to $56 for no apparent reason and I'm likely to cancel anyway)... still says $32, so I'll have to keep a close eye when the next game ships in the middle of next year that they haven't screwed me over.

What's the total you pay for TF2?

N E R O

Can I trade in both systems ?

I barely touch my Xbox One

BTails

Sweet, I can keep my PS4 until Nov 10 when I go to pick up my Pro. I didn't want to give up my Resident Evil 4 playthrough I just started, hahaha.

UberTag

Will they allow you to swap out the hard drives in store? I've moved since I replaced my 500 GB drive and am not sure I can easily track it down in whatever box it's packed up in.

antibolo

Banned
So uh that trade in offer is mighty interesting, but... how the hell am I supposed to transfer my data to the Pro? Can you actually restore a PS4 backup to another PS4?? Because you definitely couldn't with the PS3 backups, they were only readable by the same PS3 that produced them...

And swapping the actual disks will definitely not work, I'm 100% sure of that.

I mean I *could* redownload everything, but... PT :(

Returners

So uh that trade in offer is mighty interesting, but... how the hell am I supposed to transfer my data to the Pro? Can you actually restore a PS4 backup to another PS4?? Because you definitely couldn't with the PS3 backups, they were only readable by the same PS3 that produced them...

Same. I think you can do the backup utility or just the straight transfer using ethernet cable.

But for that you need the two PS4s, is it possible to do so with the EB trade?

joms5

Toys R Us

Buy 2 games, get $10 off.
Buy 3 games, get $15 off.

On all games 29.99 and up.

Not great but might take advantage of it for now.

Uncharted Collection and R&C for $50 is not bad.

Not sure if we'll get another Buy 2, Get 1 free this year.

That trade in offer is tempting, but yeah I can't see how they'll let us swap harddrives in the store. I feel like downloading all my games back will lead to my ISP throttling us :/

lupinko

You can redownload Pt at any time just fine.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1157726

I only bought a PS4 this past June and I'm playing PT now just fine.

Toys R Us

Buy 2 games, get $10 off.
Buy 3 games, get $15 off.

On all games 29.99 and up.

Not great but might take advantage of it for now.

Uncharted Collection and R&C for $50 is not bad.

Not sure if we'll get another Buy 2, Get 1 free this year.

Might just jump on this to get some of the 3DS games I need to grab. Doubt I'm gonna get a better price for em. Does this deal start tom?
Edit: Nvm my ToysRUs don't have shit in stock.

antibolo

Banned
Thankfully, I don't care about backing anything up outside of saves that are already backed up. I do wish I wouldn't have to download big games again, because they'll take forever, but it is what it is.

It's just too bad that PS4 doesn't allow externals, because it's a game changer.

soultron

Banned
For the EB PS4P deal, couldn't you buy 1 PS4P and back up/transfer your original PS4, then trade in the PS4 for a 2nd PS4P? Then do a return on the original price of the PS4P using the receipt from the 1st PS4P purchased? As long as serial #s aren't checked on the return, wouldn't this work?

Returners

For the EB PS4P deal, couldn't you buy 1 PS4P and back up/transfer your original PS4, then trade in the PS4 for a 2nd PS4P? Then do a return on the original price of the PS4P using the receipt from the 1st PS4P purchased? As long as serial #s aren't checked on the return, wouldn't this work?

Pretty much. Not sure if they are though... seems like they should. :S

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if they'd just let you return it and repurchase it with the trade in or something like that. I remember them making some kind of accommodations for 3ds trades anyway.

Pretty much. Not sure if they are though... seems like they should. :S

On previous console launches, EBGames has just asked you if you want to do the deal, and then they give you X days to bring in the old console. Or you bring in the receipt for the console you bought (within the time limit) and they give you the deal anyway.

Shouldn't need to do any serial swapping shenanigans.

Rbk_3

I traded 5 games over $8 value for the $100 +5% extra with the edge card. Will I be able to still do this deal on top of that?

Rbk_3

Taking into account the taxes saved, that is like selling the PS4 for $237. I bet it would be relatively easy to get more than that on Kijiji.

Ricker

Might do this...do they let you transfer with the ethernet cable though...I would love to do that,then bring them the old PS4 back after.

EDIT: OK I see it can be done thanks guys.

khaaan

Might do this...do they let you transfer with the ethernet cable though...I would love to do that,then bring them the old PS4 back after.

EDIT: OK I see it can be done thanks guys.

YMMV.

I was under the impression that when they let you take stuff home to transfer it was an unofficial process. I did a trade in promotion with my 3DS to n3DS and they let me take it home but I had to buy the n3DS outright (no promo). Then I came back with both the devices, the refunded me the n3DS purchase and then ran another transaction using the promo. I don't know if other people had a similar experience but you may have to go through this process as well.

antibolo

Banned
I don't mind doing the data transfer via backup because I will need to anyway, since my current PS4 has a Seagate hybrid drive I will swap into my Pro. Which means it can't be done in a single pass of system transfer even if both consoles are simultaneously in my possession.

Taking into account the taxes saved, that is like selling the PS4 for $237. I bet it would be relatively easy to get more than that on Kijiji.

That's a hassle I'm not interested getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom