• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryt

wtf, I was going to change my Public Mobile plan to the new one but I'm somehow only paying $75 per 90 days for 6GB. I remember signing up when it was $120 for 6GB promotion back in July. I dunno what happened.

zroid

Banned
It's incredible that, despite all my best efforts, I have been unable to acquire World of Final Fantasy for Vita today (digital or physical). Everywhere is sold out of physical copies, and PSN is bugging out hard on the digital version and I can't buy it.

PSN might be the worst online storefront I deal with, it's just riddled with bug after bug.
seems to be in stock at amazon?

Yasumi

Banned
It's incredible that, despite all my best efforts, I have been unable to acquire World of Final Fantasy for Vita today (digital or physical). Everywhere is sold out of physical copies, and PSN is bugging out hard on the digital version and I can't buy it.

PSN might be the worst online storefront I deal with, it's just riddled with bug after bug.
Granted, I don't think any game has had a screwup of this caliber before. They somehow checked every possible box, including giving it a Japanese Cero Z rating on NA PSN. It's a special kind of mess.

zroid

Banned
Yeahhh, I'm heading on a 9 hour flight tonight and want it right away haha

ahh I getcha. yeah i think vita games are pretty hard to find in stores nowadays. most retailers probably think it's not worth sending them out to stores when people will just buy them online.

Lexxism

wtf, I was going to change my Public Mobile plan to the new one but I'm somehow only paying $75 per 90 days for 6GB. I remember signing up when it was $120 for 6GB promotion back in July. I dunno what happened.
That's probably a bug. I had the same thing.

I'm sticking with Wind out of principle (don't want to give money to the big 3 if I can avoid it), but that Public Mobile deal is somewhat tempting. I'm tired of the 3G symbol on my phone basically meaning "no connection."

Ah.

Principle.

Damnit, I forgot about that.

Well, that, and that my phone won't be payed off for another year.

whitehawk

Banned
Public Mobile Deal

You can get a 4GB Data, Unlimited Provincial Call, Global Unlimited text for $40/month. The promo will last from October 25th to November 20th. This only applies to their 90 day plan.

*They are using Telus network*
Not bad, but I'll stick with Wind... For reasons...

Partially because I want to support a new carrier (even though Shaw bought it, at least it's the big 4 now....lol) and their $15 unlimited US add-on is great for me.

SickBoy

Not bad, but I'll stick with Wind... For reasons...

Partially because I want to support a new carrier (even though Shaw bought it, at least it's the big 4 now....lol) and their $15 unlimited US add-on is great for me.

I think Wind is hard to beat if their service fits your needs.

For me, I've always considered it until I realize that I'm out of the "Wind Zone" enough that I would resent the extra charges. I think Shaw owning them is good for the enhancement of their service and overall competition... though I have a few issues with Shaw as a company, so maybe it's one more strike against them from my perspective :)

Sora_N

Granted, I don't think any game has had a screwup of this caliber before. They somehow checked every possible box, including giving it a Japanese Cero Z rating on NA PSN. It's a special kind of mess.

Wait what happened?

I don't have time to play it so it's not a big deal if Amazon can't ship my copy out yet.

Yasumi

Banned
Wait what happened?

I don't have time to play it so it's not a big deal if Amazon can't ship my copy out yet.
They seem to have checked every possible box on the game's page, so it says it's every genre, available for every possible modern-ish Playstation system, and it's rated Cero Z. Because of that, you need a credit card attached to your account to buy it.

They also messed up with the VA packs, so some people are unable to download the English voices for the game. Even more, people with the PS4 collectors edition were getting the full digital version of the game when they entered their DLC codes.

antibolo

Banned
They seem to have checked every possible box on the game's page, so it says it's every genre, available for every possible modern-ish Playstation system, and it's rated Cero Z. Because of that, you need a credit card attached to your account to buy it.

They also messed up with the VA packs, so some people are unable to download the English voices for the game. Even more, people with the PS4 collectors edition were getting the full digital version of the game when they entered their DLC codes.

So... same as usual for Vita games in NA.

The demo was super delayed as well.

Sora_N

That sounds like a huge mess. Lol

Firestorm

Wind'a built in US roaming on my plan is the only thing keeping me a little hesitant. It's so convenient not having to swap SIM cards every time I go over the border...

Has anyone used Roam Mobility's data only SIMs? Can I use it on an iPhone 6 and just use it for data without texting / phone? That's a bit cheaper than even the $5 a day plan.

What determines the shipping company Amazon uses? First couple thing I ordered this month they used Canada Post and everything was smooth, but my most recent order they used Fed Ex and it was a nightmare. I have some more games pre-ordered coming up but I almost don't want to risk getting Fed Ex'd again.

I'm hoping they use Canada Post for pre-orders, since the first two items were pre-ordered and the last one wasn't.

killroy87

What determines the shipping company Amazon uses? First couple thing I ordered this month they used Canada Post and everything was smooth, but my most recent order they used Fed Ex and it was a nightmare. I have some more games pre-ordered coming up but I almost don't want to risk getting Fed Ex'd again.

I wish I knew. I get this terrible mix of Fed Ex, Purolator, UPS, and their couriers. I just want Canada Post, all the time.

r3n4ud

I'm hoping they use Canada Post for pre-orders, since the first two items were pre-ordered and the last one wasn't.
I have no idea, but I always got either Canada Post, Purolator, or UPS. All three shipping services have always been great for me.

My last two orders have been with FedEx. Both orders were suppose to be here yesterday and they never came, even though the tracking said 'Out for delivery'. And they always come so fucking late. Last time they delivered a package, they came at 7:30pm o_O

Lexxism

I just ship it to my nearest Canada post. I don't have to deal with FedEx or UPS.

SickBoy

Regarding Amazon, what happens when they miss their "guaranteed delivery date"?

Apparently they'll give a free month of Prime, but do I have to contact them and bitch about it, or is that something that will just happen?

I'm not too fussed about this shipment, but I do want to hold them (and their shippers -- in this case Intelcom) accountable because there will be shipments I'm more concerned about.

I usually ship all my amazon orders to Canada Post at SDM assuming that's who they will ship with but one time they shipped it with purolater for some reason and they couldn't/wouldn't deliver it to the SDM so I had to do couple phones calls/twittering to get it sorted out and have them deliver it to my place.

Kyolux

Thanks for this info. Didn't know about it. I see I have it in my library. Too bad though I don't have time for this game. What's new in this version anyway, I kind of tuned it out when they announced it.

Regarding Amazon, what happens when they miss their "guaranteed delivery date"?

Apparently they'll give a free month of Prime, but do I have to contact them and bitch about it, or is that something that will just happen?

I'm not too fussed about this shipment, but I do want to hold them (and their shippers -- in this case Intelcom) accountable because there will be shipments I'm more concerned about.

Pretty sure you have to contact support and hope they give you that. It's definitely not automatic. Also their guarantee isn't much of a guarantee.

I usually ship all my amazon orders to Canada Post at SDM assuming that's who they will ship with but one time they shipped it with purolater for some reason and they couldn't/wouldn't deliver it to the SDM so I had to do couple phones calls/twittering to get it sorted out and have them deliver it to my place.

I kind of stopped using Flex because I was worried this would happen.

Wind'a built in US roaming on my plan is the only thing keeping me a little hesitant. It's so convenient not having to swap SIM cards every time I go over the border...

Has anyone used Roam Mobility's data only SIMs? Can I use it on an iPhone 6 and just use it for data without texting / phone? That's a bit cheaper than even the $5 a day plan.

You can buy data-only plans on their regular SIM cards.

Sealtest

Anyone who plays MTG know a good place to preorder the new Commander 2016 sets that's not facetofacegames? Kana hasn't put them up yet and those are the only places I ever buy from.

sigh , was suppose to be out yesterday
280ad3148d69426980c129afe10a5ec7.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any experience with Public Mobile and their self-service? On the fence here

What do you need to know about?

Super easy to set up, but I've only been with them for two months, and haven't run into any problems, so I don't know how easily they handle problems yet.

imBask

Banned
any deals on the MS Surface Studio? $5600 is a little over what i'm willing to pay, i'm looking for something under 5549.99

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yikes, a 40 dollar ultimate edition? EA must be desperate to try to recoup some money.
I wonder who is going to play it though, if everyone is busy with BF1.

Haines

Banned
A vague question.

Whats the go to for trade in or selling our games in Canada now?

Last i really did much of it, best buy used to have some good bonuses for certain games once in a while.

I can always use kijiji, i know,

Im starting to regret having some of these games sitting around and not selling them to fund newer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom