• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Public Mobile Deal

You can get a 4GB Data, Unlimited Provincial Call, Global Unlimited text for $40/month. The promo will last from October 25th to November 20th. This only applies to their 90 day plan.

*They are using Telus network*

Am I missing something? What company is actually offering this?

diaspora

Public Mobile Deal

You can get a 4GB Data, Unlimited Provincial Call, Global Unlimited text for $40/month. The promo will last from October 25th to November 20th. This only applies to their 90 day plan.

4GB over 3 months? Ehhhh

I am still trying to decide whether to get a one s or wait for a Scorpio. Will depend on prices on boxing day/black Friday. I am thinking the Scorpio will be more money than I should spend on a one that will be just exclusives and rockband. A perfect bundle/deal for me for be a one with halo collection/ halo guardians and gears collection/gears 4.

The current S model will still be the 'defacto' xbox One in a year, coexisting with the 'premium' Scorpio model. If you don't otherwise have the xbox one( the vanilla model), why deny yourself a year of xbox play for a console that hasn't been revealed yet in terms of price and availability? If you're still interested in Scorpio in a years time, there will be probably be trade-in programs for the S model.

zeitgeist

Kinda OT: where do you guys look to buy TVs?

With Pro coming out soon I'm beginning to think about upgrading... but so far I looked at bestbuy and Costco. Where do you guys look to shop for TVs?

I'm wanting to upgrade as well but plan to hold out until Black Friday and if that sucks, then Boxing Day.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's just that there's already a very well established game with TF2 as an acronym

giphy.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Public Mobile Deal

Wait, I just signed up with them in September, on their 2GB/M plan. I wonder if I can upgrade?

Edit: To answer my own question, yes! Super easy to do as well.

Firestorm

Whelp. I gotta figure out if I wanna give up US Roaming to switch to LTE... Wind speeds are such trash :(
Every time I see TF2 I think the same thing. I still refer to Team Fortress 2 all the time especially with Overwatch out. Titanfall is just another flavour of the month shooter among most people I know so it's never the first thing I think of.

Wait, I just signed up with them in September, on their 2GB/M plan. I wonder if I can upgrade?

You can. Just login, go to the plan picker from your account settings, and remember to pick:

Provincial call
International text
12 GB data
Fall 2016 promo

click "change your plan on next renewal date"

I'm on the grandfathered 1gb plan, so while I like the fact that I can finally access the internet for a cheapish price, having to cap it to 300mb per month sucked. I'll think it over and decide later.

No_Style

Public Mobile Deal

Yeah. I just saw this on RFD and I'm finally hopping onto a paid plan with this. Been rocking 250MB for $15 per month and a Pay As You Go plan for years.

imBask

Banned
The Public Mobile deal is better than every other deal on the market by a wide margin. What's the catch, I need to know

is it renewable? will the price to go through the roof in 3 months?

Lexxism

The Public Mobile deal is better than every other deal on the market by a wide margin. What's the catch, I need to know
Self-service. No physical store. No phone customer service. Use their community for help.
is it renewable? will the price to go through the roof in 3 months?
Yes. As long as you are a PM customer and doesn't change your plan.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer"

imBask

Banned
Self-service. No physical store. No phone customer service. Use their community for help.

Yes. As long as you are a PM customer and doesn't change your plan.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer"

I don't get it.

4Gb bring your own phone is 65 with bell, this is $15 cheaper PER MONTH... It looks way too good to be true i'm real confused right now

diaspora

I don't get it.

4Gb bring your own phone is 65 with bell, this is $15 cheaper PER MONTH... It looks way too good to be true i'm real confused right now

I think I found out why that plan is $15 more expensive per month over Public Mobile. :p

fuck bell

Lexxism

I don't get it.

That's what I said when I first signed with them. It has been a year now and never had any issues. The catch is what I said. It's a self-service. No physical store to visit. No number to call if there's a problem. You are on your own. You will use their community for help.

imBask

Banned
I think I found out why that plan is $15 more expensive per month over Public Mobile. :p

fuck bell

I know, but i'm on my fathers bill and he works there. Even with the 35% rebate, it's still more than that deal, it doesn't make much sense... and you know, whenever something looks too good to be true...

imBask

Banned
That's what I said when I first signed with them. It has been a year now and never had any issues. The catch is what I said. It's a self-service. No physical store to visit. No number to call if there's a problem. You are on your own. You will use their community for help.

alright well thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind.

Again the double plot twist is : my new job pays up to 65 a month for my phone contract so I could just go balls out and buy whatever the fuck I want

WIND has been my only carrier, I'm on the Holiday Miracle plan of theirs from when they started. 5gb unthrottled, unlimited North America talk, global text, voicemail, callerID, the works. But, reception is starting to get on my nerves now, and LTE won't begin rolling out until next year.

That Public Mobile deal has me lose a little bit of data...But at least I'd be able to USE it at a humane and acceptable speed.

I dunno if I should just stay a little longer until WIND gets their shit together, or jump ship on that Public Mobile deal. The self-service definitely worries me, since Wind customer service has been VERY good to me.

farisr

well... I just pulled the trigger and bought a 4k HDR TV. Upgrading my 8 year old 32 inch TV in the bedroom.

Ordered the Vizio P50-C1 from Costco. I have been gaming on a 40+ms tv for a while now, and haven't really noticed anything. Don't play many multiplayer modes, usually just single player games on consoles. While the lag is around 60ms in HDR right now, they've said the next update will bring it down to around 45. (And anyways, if I get serious about a multiplayer game, I'll probably forgo the HDR for that mode/game and play on the input that has 19ms lag.

Usually don't do returns and what not, but if I do find the lag to be too much or something, or certain features just aren't seeming up to par, Costco has a nice 90 day return policy/period so this doesn't feel risky at all to me.

Also, Black Friday is within 30 days so if there's a sale, I can get the price adjusted. It's currently $90 off anyways and this TV hasn't really gone on sale much if at all.

But yeah, if this TV doesn't work out for some reason, I'll likely wait for next year's models.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Coming back up to Canada this weekend. Any hot deals I should keep an eye out for while I'm visiting back home?

Poutine is pretty hot if you eat it fresh

killroy87

It's incredible that, despite all my best efforts, I have been unable to acquire World of Final Fantasy for Vita today (digital or physical). Everywhere is sold out of physical copies, and PSN is bugging out hard on the digital version and I can't buy it.

PSN might be the worst online storefront I deal with, it's just riddled with bug after bug.

WIND has been my only carrier, I'm on the Holiday Miracle plan of theirs from when they started. 5gb unthrottled, unlimited North America talk, global text, voicemail, callerID, the works. But, reception is starting to get on my nerves now, and LTE won't begin rolling out until next year.

That Public Mobile deal has me lose a little bit of data...But at least I'd be able to USE it at a humane and acceptable speed.

I dunno if I should just stay a little longer until WIND gets their shit together, or jump ship on that Public Mobile deal. The self-service definitely worries me, since Wind customer service has been VERY good to me.

I'm sticking with Wind out of principle (don't want to give money to the big 3 if I can avoid it), but that Public Mobile deal is somewhat tempting. I'm tired of the 3G symbol on my phone basically meaning "no connection."

Dazzler

I just signed up for the Wind 10GB per month package last week for $55 a month (BYOP)

Speed has been fine for me in Vancouver so far. Can even play Clash Royale using data with no hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom