• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking into account the taxes saved, that is like selling the PS4 for $237. I bet it would be relatively easy to get more than that on Kijiji.

Not a huge amount more though. It's a pretty good deal when you consider not having to invest the time toward selling it, meeting up, etc.

I sold my ps4 last week for 250$ without any game just the console and a controller in less than 2 hours , ebgames deals its not that bad but still you can get more going with kijiji

Ricker

YMMV.

I was under the impression that when they let you take stuff home to transfer it was an unofficial process. I did a trade in promotion with my 3DS to n3DS and they let me take it home but I had to buy the n3DS outright (no promo). Then I came back with both the devices, the refunded me the n3DS purchase and then ran another transaction using the promo. I don't know if other people had a similar experience but you may have to go through this process as well.

Ah yeah,that makes sense...I know the guy who works there for like 10 years now though,he worked at a few different locations and at a local game store that is now closed down...so he might just take my word for it.

Got a pre-order bonus code email for my Walmart.ca Titanfall 2 order. Was not expecting that.

Ah yeah,that makes sense...I know the guy who works there for like 10 years now though,he worked at a few different locations and at a local game store that is now closed down...so he might just take my word for it.

Based on the last couple of trips I made, my EB has seemed to finally hire competent employees (who also as a bonus, seem to shower regularly) , so maybe things will be different now.

Returned Battlefield 1 because I wasn't a big fan and didn't want to own it (it's alright), and picked up Skyrim/Titanfall. Looking forward to them.

The library has Battlefield 1 in now, so I returned it early when I took my grandmother to an appointment this morning. I can get it from the library, take my time and beat it.

N° 2048

Returned Battlefield 1 because I wasn't a big fan and didn't want to own it (it's alright), and picked up Skyrim/Titanfall. Looking forward to them.

The library has Battlefield 1 in now, so I returned it early when I took my grandmother to an appointment this morning. I can get it from the library, take my time and beat it.

What is the max time you can borrow games from the library?

Can I take out a game for two weeks, beat it and return it?

What is the max time you can borrow games from the library?

Can I take out a game for two weeks, beat it and return it?

Technically just one week, then it's twenty-five cents per day as a late fee. However, people don't often place holds on games (though they're starting to more than they used to) so it's often possible to just keep renewing said game online.

At least, with this library. Some have renewal limits. I renew my stuff everyday.

Paper Mario: Color Splash and BF1 are there waiting.

zroid

Banned
Technically just one week, then it's twenty-five cents per day as a late fee. However, people don't often place holds on games (though they're starting to more than they used to) so it's often possible to just keep renewing said game online.

At least, with this library. Some have renewal limits. I renew my stuff everyday.

Paper Mario: Color Splash and BF1 are there waiting.

Really only 25 cents per day at your library?

I think it's around 25 cents for books in Markham, but like $1 or $2 per day for movies and games.

I think it's around 25 cents for books in Markham, but like $1 or $2 per day for movies and games.

That's what I've been told, and it surprised me too. I didn't see it listed online, and my friend who works there said she believed it was $0.25.

I also think I asked another librarian, who said the same.

Quick return movie rentals and books (three days for movies, one week for books) have a $1/day late fee.

I had racked up over $20 on my Mom's card when I lost mine, and owed $7.50 on mine from well over a decade ago. However, when she passed, my friend was nice enough to delete the amounts owing on both cards.

I wish I lived in a world where my Library had current games. I feel like the most current form of media my Library carries is a DVD...

Haines

Banned
Literally came on here to ask what i could sell a ps4 for on kijiji

You guys think that ebgames deal is the way to go? And they will let you do a transfer?

Would i have to preorder at ebgames to make sure i even get one?

For the PS4 Pro trade deal, I asked at ebgames and the person at the counter said that the $210 is taken off the base price + tax, rather than being deducted first, then tax calculated on the reduced amount.

YMMV though, because I'm honestly not sure that she understood the question. I repeated what I meant a couple of times but I'm not convinced that she was completely following.

Kyolux

I think I need to stay away from this thread for a bit. At least until it's too late to just sell my PS4 against a pro. I really don't need to upgrade. And if I stick around I know I will anyway.

For the PS4 Pro trade deal, I asked at ebgames and the person at the counter said that the $210 is taken off the base price + tax, rather than being deducted first, then tax calculated on the reduced amount.

YMMV though, because I'm honestly not sure that she understood the question. I repeated what I meant a couple of times but I'm not sure she was completely following.

That's how it was when I switched my XB1 for the S; I believe that is their store policy.

I think I need to stay away from this thread for a bit. At least until it's too late to just sell my PS4 against a pro. I really don't need to upgrade. And if I stick around I know I will anyway.

There could always be something better suited to you down the road. I ended up passing on the first round of S upgrade deals and ended up with a better deal for it.

daftstar

This PS4 trade in offer is pretty tempting but I still want to see more of what it can do with 1080p displays.

Plus I have P.T. on mine.. shit

etta

my hard graphic balls
If it makes things any harder the MP is real good and the campaign is short but easily the best that's ever been in a BF game.
fSVLvJs.jpg

that's why I'm craving it 😭😭😭

amazon's trying to tell me that i can't get free prime shipping on my e3 orders as I didn't have prime then

smh

They said the same thing to me. I think that's actually the rule. I did get a second CSR to replicate the order though. They got me to order all the same games with Prime shipping and manually reduced the price to be the same as what it would be minus the E3 discount. But now the Prime discount is applying too. Double whammy. Didn't mean to do that but I ain't complaining.

Haines

Banned
I sold my ps4 last week for 250$ without any game just the console and a controller in less than 2 hours , ebgames deals its not that bad but still you can get more going with kijiji

The catch is can't sell it on kijiji til after you buy the pro and switch your stuff over.

By than the kijiji price could go down with more people offloading ps4

OR am I overestimating the market saturation when pro hits

The catch is can't sell it on kijiji til after you buy the pro and switch your stuff over.

By than the kijiji price could go down with more people offloading ps4

OR am I overestimating the market saturation when pro hits

how much was the PS4 going for on Kijiji when it first released?

N E R O

Tomorrow's going to be expensive with Skyrim and Titanfall 2. I wish the dollar would bounce back.

I'd call and ask, since it says it's not stackable.

So I was in Square one mall in Mississauga, and I happened to pass by an EB games store. I went inside and asked if i can trade both systems towards the PRO. and the Rep said yes. so i asked about what the non stackable and whatnot. his answer was that if you have more than one console you will not get a higher trade in value. or so he says, he added, as long as your machine works there shouldn't be a problem.

will double check with another store just to verify.

I see people on kijiji selling sealed Uncharted PS4 Slim bundles for 380.

This is obviously a good deal since there's no taxes, but how exactly did they get them?

Stoffinator

Not sure if this is the place to ask this or not?

I am searching for a new TV, a 4K with HDR. I want to make sure I get the right one to work with the PS4 Pro. And I have no idea what the standards are for it? My price range is about a thousand, but can go a little over. I am aiming for a 50 inch.

Any help would be appreciated.

daftstar

If you downloaded PT from a North American account, you can redownload it whenever.

Guess again. I would imagine this is going to work on Pro as well.

I did use the proxy method to get it before but I wasn't sure if it remained in my list of downloadable games after I got it... If I can do it again on the Pro then there's nothing to worry about :)

Hopefully they do some more Original vs. Pro game comparisons in the next two weeks to help my decision.

Madness

Not sure if this is the place to ask this or not?

I am searching for a new TV, a 4K with HDR. I want to make sure I get the right one to work with the PS4 Pro. And I have no idea what the standards are for it? My price range is about a thousand, but can go a little over. I am aiming for a 50 inch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sony XBR49X800D or Samsung UN49KS8000. At 50" those are the two best 4K and HDR televisions you can get. The Samsung is better for HDR but also costs more. I don't think it will go down to around $1000 in canada anytime soon. So the Sony 49" X800D is your best bet.

Some HDR is better than no HDR. This year only the X930D Sony television meets UHD Premium specs. They are pretty much low to midrange HDR televisions. See the issue is, under 55" sizes for high end televisions, it is becoming niche. You only find budget junk at below 55" now as sizes increase. So at your price and size, the two televisions I mentioned are your best bet.

SickBoy

That Toys R Us deal is a bit disappointing. Works exactly as it says it does, but I was hoping there was some sort of missing language and maybe it was "Buy 3 games get $15/ea off" (which is a bit closer to B2G1). Kind of an odd deal in general, given that buying three doesn't really give any better savings.

Also, looks like EB's promo for extra discount on a new console has ended (they were offering $50 off on the Slim, if not the XB1S, at least until a day or two ago). I'd been seriously considering the upgrade because the fan noise generated while playing Doom on my launch PS4 is ridiculous. I might consider the Pro upgrade, but I really need to be convinced by what we see about "patched" titles, because a TV upgrade is not in the foreseeable future.

So if anyone has any more promos for me to be disappointed by this weekend, send them along ;)

For anyone still concerned about the NES Mini, I recently got hired as a Nintendo Rep and November 11th is being deemed as this year's "Nintendo Day". So assuming that they're making an event out of it, there should be enough to go around.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For anyone still concerned about the NES Mini, I recently got hired as a Nintendo Rep and November 11th is being deemed as this year's "Nintendo Day". So assuming that they're making an event out of it, there should be enough to go around.

Any word if they'll be available online? I loathe having to actually step foot inside a Best Buy, or EBgames.

Mikey Jr.

I stopped by EB and got details.

Promotion: Trade in a PS4/XB1 towards a PS4 Pro and get $210
Starts: October 28, 2016 (Tomorrow)
Ends: November 27, 2016
Promotion does not stack with any other offers, including any Edge card bonuses.

Excellent, I'll do it. Just in time for FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom