• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Two iPhones off contract. Looks like both are good according to Public Mobile. One needs to be unlocked so I will just pay Bell.

Looks like I am going to pull the trigger on this.
I'm not really sure how off-contract phones work if bought through carrier. Just make sure the phone is locked when you port.

Also, they have an active community staff that will help with your problem. They are available from:
Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).
Staff member: @Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O

Here's a scan of the back of the Pokemon Collector's Album for anyone who may have missed it, showing the next promo on November 19th:

lbe6jvw.jpg

I'm not really sure how off-contract phones work if bought through carrier. Just make sure the phone is locked when you port.

Also, they have an active community staff that will help with your problem. They are available from:

Well, the phone will still be on contract with Bell but it will just be unlocked so it can be used by a Public/Mobile Telus sim card. I won't cancel my service with Bell. I will just initiate the port with Public Mobile.

I have a couple of days anyway as I still want the actual sim cards in hand before I initiate the port to Public Mobile.

kaiyo

Well, the phone will still be on contract with Bell but it will just be unlocked so it can be used by a Public/Mobile Telus sim card. I won't cancel my service with Bell. I will just initiate the port with Public Mobile.

I have a couple of days anyway as I still want the actual sim cards in hand before I initiate the port to Public Mobile.

You would need the Sim card to activate an account/service on Public Mobile.

This cell phone talk is great timing for me... maybe someone can help me out. So my parents need a new phone and the rogers time is done. I'm looking for a cheap plan with text and data and I guess public mobile is the one? However it the phone I wanted to ask about... 199 cad or less, newest android I can get in that price range so netflix and chromecast works, and with a respectable camera. SD slot also is a borderline requirement because most of these budget phones are 4gb. Cpu and screen I'll take the best I can get, but I'm expecting slow and 720p. Any recommendations?

Firestorm

This cell phone talk is great timing for me... maybe someone can help me out. So my parents need a new phone and the rogers time is done. I'm looking for a cheap plan with text and data and I guess public mobile is the one? However it the phone I wanted to ask about... 199 cad or less, newest android I can get in that price range so netflix and chromecast works, and with a respectable camera. SD slot also is a borderline requirement because most of these budget phones are 4gb. Cpu and screen I'll take the best I can get, but I'm expecting slow and 720p. Any recommendations?

A bit more but a quick look at RFD brought up this sale: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16875705039

kaiyo

Maybe look at one of the Xiaomi phone, or a One Plus.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I gotta improve my praying game for Amazon to send out Call of Duty on November 2nd so I get it on the 3rd. That 50GB patch is gonna take fucking forever.

Welp it finally happened to me, I'm in paypal psn hell but yet the same paypal works just fine on xbl. Thanks Sony :/

All I wanna do is buy some cheap spoopy games for my Halloween stream.

Anony

Nintendo put out an open request looking for employees for the holiday season:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/be-a-retail-ambassador-for-nintendo-of-canada

Basically you work directly for Nintendo in one region, travelling to different stores and monitoring inventory, running events and general promotion.

This thread is a pretty good read if you want some more info:

Has anyone ever worked for Nintendo as a Retail Ambassador?

how much does the position pay?
is it seasonal (just for the holidays) or are you full time?

If you clicked the link you'd see this....

If this is you, please email employment@nocl.nintendo.com (please start your subject line with the city you are interested in working) your resume and cover letter to us before October 10th. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your great experiences with Nintendo games!

Guess you are too late

If you clicked the link you'd see this....

If this is you, please email employment@nocl.nintendo.com (please start your subject line with the city you are interested in working) your resume and cover letter to us before October 10th. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your great experiences with Nintendo games!

Guess you are too late

Pretty much, yeah. This position is seasonal but there are employees who do it all year round.

$13 is my hourly rate, plus a bunch of swag and what other little benefits they may throw our way. Not the best but the hours are nice and talking about Nintendo games all day is about as natural as it comes.

Sold my PS4 Launch Unit with 1 Controller, Vertical Stand and 5 Games for $340 on Kijiji.

It took like 2 hours after my posting.

Don't get ripped off by EB Games until you try a private sale. The games weren't even new it was the likes of Battlefield 4 and early gen stuff.

Sold my PS4 Launch Unit with 1 Controller, Vertical Stand and 5 Games for $340 on Kijiji.

It took like 2 hours after my posting.

Don't get ripped off by EB Games until you try a private sale. The games weren't even new it was the likes of Battlefield 4 and early gen stuff.

Alternatively, no one is biting at all in Greater Vancouver in 3 days.

Alternatively, no one is biting at all in Greater Vancouver in 3 days.

Greater Vancouver is really bad for local sales. Most of the emails I get are lowballers, have a questionable name and/or English, or flake.

The alternative, however, is to get raked over the coals by Canada Post shipping and eBay fees.

Dazzler

Greater Vancouver is really bad for local sales. Most of the emails I get are lowballers, have a questionable name and/or English, or flake.

The alternative, however, is to get raked over the coals by Canada Post shipping and eBay fees.

completely agree with this. Selling anything in Vancouver is a disaster

So many people seem to have the most limited grasp of English imaginable

Riptwo

I read here that EBGames is offering 210$ for a PS4 if you buy a Pro. Is there any source online regarding this?
I couldn't find a source online, but I went to an EB in Calgary and the deal was active. Traded in a launch Xbox One for $210, and then got the trade five games for $100 promo added as a separate transaction.

One of the employees didn't know about the deal, but the other had read about through a printed out staff newsletter. It might take some asking around, but it's definitely a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom