• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

Are we positive they positive they subtract before taxes?

I believe you. I just want confirmation on this.

If i sell mine on kijiji, how do i get all my stuff on the pro? I just sign in with my psn account and start downloading? I have unlmtd internet

My local EB Games told me they would. They always have, as they resell that item with sales tax on it. Just give them a call to confirm. They did this when I traded in my 3DS XL. Edit: seems tiv is out-of-date.

I think you can use a USB key or something to backup your saves. Just download the rest.

Trade-in credit is tax free. If you put it on an Edge card it becomes taxable.

I borrowed BF1 and Paper Mario from the library today. Then checked their site tonight and noticed they'd ordered a shitload of games (Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Kingdom Hearts, Dishonored, Mark McMorris, Dead Rising 4, etc.) so I held 'em.

jholmes

Best Buy has this third-party NES Advantage knock-off for the NES Classic Mini up for pre-order. Looks pretty faithful and there's a nine-foot cable. It even says so right on the box!

10488538_3.jpg

No word on build quality or how well it performs as a standard classic controller (this is just something I stumbled upon), but it has an old school pause-button slow-motion mode and it comes with a booklet full of cheat codes for 30-year-old games.

suikodan

If i sell mine on kijiji, how do i get all my stuff on the pro? I just sign in with my psn account and start downloading? I have unlmtd internet

There is an option to backup your stuff so save your saved games and captures and restore them on the new PS4P. You'll just have to download the games.

I saved my stuff and, if lucky, should sell my PS4 today.

Best Buy has this third-party NES Advantage knock-off for the NES Classic Mini up for pre-order. Looks pretty faithful and there's a nine-foot cable. It even says so right on the box!

No word on build quality or how well it performs as a standard classic controller (this is just something I stumbled upon), but it has an old school pause-button slow-motion mode and it comes with a booklet full of cheat codes for 30-year-old games.

Call me when the release the NES Max.

latest

Haines

Banned
There is an option to backup your stuff so save your saved games and captures and restore them on the new PS4P. You'll just have to download the games.

I saved my stuff and, if lucky, should sell my PS4 today.

That's sweet. Re-download ing is not an issue.

Good luck on the sale.

I was just about to post mine up but my controller has the smallest piece of rubber off it and the disc drive does that beep thing where it's too sensitive or something so I think maybe I should just stick to ebgames deal.

Dazzler

I received a game off Amazon two weeks ago and the dude came to my apartment in an Amazon branded truck, so I dunno who they're using

antibolo

Banned
Intelcom is entirely contractors. So you won't see their vehicle coming and they may not look like delivery people. They may decide to deliver to your doorstep, or outside your building, depending on their skill level.

They may also attempt to deliver your package to a business address after normal business hours. Because that makes so much sense.

They may also attempt to deliver your package to a business address after normal business hours. Because that makes so much sense.

Yeah. I pretty much recommend copying the shipping code off amazon and entering that in Intelcom's tracker a few times during delivery day, just to see if they delivered or not

The tracker also lists a range of "expected delivery hours" though in my experience its always ~3-4 hours after the range.

Gitaroo

My local EB Games told me they would. They always have, as they resell that item with sales tax on it. Just give them a call to confirm. They did this when I traded in my 3DS XL. Edit: seems tiv is out-of-date.

I think you can use a USB key or something to backup your saves. Just download the rest.

How much did you get out of the 3ds xl? I got a spare one laying around.

Any sign of the new PS4 vertical stand for the Pro and Slim anywhere?

They are available and in stores in the USA right now since they released when the Slim did, but I can't find it on any Canadian retailer's site.

How likely is it to find copies of Blue Dragon or Lost Odessey at EB Games? I never got to play them, but now I can since they're b/c on the xbone. Problem is, copies of LO are going for a minimum of $50 online :(

Ondore

I had to go to an Amazon seller for Blue Dragon, and I think I found the only Lost Odyssey for three provinces at my local EB a few weeks back.

Ryukori

What's everyone's experience with FedEx? I ordered a Surface Book with 2 day shipping that's expected to arrive today, but it's still sitting in Mississauga with the comment: " Shipment information sent to FedEx".

Clive

How likely is it to find copies of Blue Dragon or Lost Odessey at EB Games? I never got to play them, but now I can since they're b/c on the xbone. Problem is, copies of LO are going for a minimum of $50 online :(

Haven't seen a copy of either game in a long time.

Guys need some help.

Basically hifi city in dufferin mall is selling ks8000 66 inch for 2350 +tax. They say it's not refurbished.

I reserved it....should I go for it? Seems too good to be true.

Anyone?

C-Sword

Hey guys, I'm trying to buy a pair of headphones on ebay.ca from a US seller, but when I hit the pay now button, I keep getting the error message: The sellers cannot accept payments right now. The item is listed in my summary as unpaid.

Anyone knows what's up? I've emailed the seller, but I haven't gotten any replies. I don't want to end up with negative feedbacks.

iphys

Goddamn, I had no idea Apple refurbished by changing the casing/external shell as well. I may look into using it in the future, then.

In my experience the Apple refurbs are better than the new product. I've heard they actually thoroughly test everything out to make sure it's working for the refurbs but not the new machines. Both the laptops I bought new from them needed repairs for multiple issues within the first year, but my current refurb is over 3 years old now and never one problem with it, so I believe it's true. I also bought my ipod nano as a refurb, and not one issue after many years, so I'll probably just stick to buying refurb everything from them from now on.

Until Dawn just went on sale on the psstore for $15 CAD with plus, I know a bunch of people were looking for it in last week's sale :)

It was the best game of its year. A real standout. Please play it if you haven't!

Haven't seen a copy of either game in a long time.

I bought both at launch, but still haven't played Blue Dragon. Hell, I got a copy on my way to my friend's cottage and kept moving it around because of the propane lamps (my OCD bothered me in regards to it, how silly). Then I returned that copy and got my money back and bought it cheaper.

If you were close, I'd sell it or them to you.

Until Dawn is finally on sale on PSN for the people who keep looking for it.

What a steal

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
wonder if SDM will carry any PS4 Pro's, hopefully i bank alot of points from them

Oh boy if you bought it during a points event thats gonna be 100,000 points aka over $170 or $210 during bonus redemptions.

Food for thought; all NES Mini controllers use the Wiimote ports, hence you have likely the cheapest arcade stick for Wii and Wii U.

Wonder how Pokken handles it, if it has Classic Controller support.

Hey guys, I'm trying to buy a pair of headphones on ebay.ca from a US seller, but when I hit the pay now button, I keep getting the error message: The sellers cannot accept payments right now. The item is listed in my summary as unpaid.

Anyone knows what's up? I've emailed the seller, but I haven't gotten any replies. I don't want to end up with negative feedbacks.

Maybe they didn't set up payment info?

Don't worry, sellers can't give buyers negative feedback. Worse case scenario, they just cancel the order.

kevin1025

Banned
Your best bet for Blue Dragon (and Lost Odyssey) is actually Best Buy. I got both my copies at my local Best Buy for $10 each. You might have luck there, depending on the used game section in your area.

I wonder if the good 4k tv will be on sale this holiday in Canada.

Only way it will be affordable on our dollar

I guess I need to look into buying one soon, although I'd rather not. I need to keep current for reviews, though.

My budget is only around $1200-1500 at Best Buy, because I have some credit from trading in games back during the 2/$60 and 2/$70 days.

antibolo

Banned
Just went to EBGames to pre-order the Pro there, so I can potentially use their trade-in promo deal when the time comes (still undecided).

The employees tried real hard to convince me that the Pro will not work without a 4K TV. Yeah sure ok lol.

Just went to EBGames to pre-order the Pro there, so I can potentially use their trade-in promo deal when the time comes (still undecided).

The employees tried real hard to convince me that the Pro will not work without a 4K TV. Yeah sure ok lol.

Why do they care what kind of TV you use? EB doesn't sell TVs.....unless they do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom